1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How much bandwidth does an ACC server use on average?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by realracingclub, Sep 7, 2020.

1. The title says it all really, I have searched high a low for an answer but seem to meet a dead end every time.
    How much bandwidth does an ACC server use on average?

Lurkusmaximus likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions (BUG/Glitch) Feels like having too much horsepower/no backwing ! Jul 5, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How much revenue do console sales generate and why is console so badly supported? Jul 3, 2023
    ACC General Discussions Why I don't play ACC as much as others.. Jun 12, 2023
    ACC Physics Anyone else finding the Alpine being much faster than any other GT4 cars since 1.9? May 30, 2023
    ACC User Interface Suggestion for much better replay- overview Dec 14, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How Much Longer ? May 3, 2022
    ACC Gameplay next lap invalidated too much exit speed? Mar 3, 2021
    ACC Gameplay How do I know how much time do I lose with damage? Jan 1, 2021
    ACC Physics 1.6.3 - 2018 porsche on 2020 track: wet tires pick up too much heat from brakes Dec 2, 2020
    ACC Physics Why does the Ferrari have so much caster effect? Nov 20, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Too much rain in cp servers Nov 16, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer To much rain on CP Servers? Oct 27, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How much would you recommend the game to a newbie? Oct 26, 2020
    General modding discussion [help] Trying to build first track. Much appreciated? Aug 12, 2020
    ACC Physics how much downforce roughly do gt3 cars produce? Jul 4, 2020

3. OldFart

OldFart Gamer

there is lots of variables, Under 10 cars it is very little, 1 Mbps or there about, then you notice every car that joins, 24 cars around 4Mbps 32 cars 7 to 8 Mbps if you add second drivers or spectators this increases the number even more, that is with a fibre connection so little fluctuation, with std broadband expect higher peaks as it buffers, hope this helps

AndyK70 likes this.
  4. Thanks for that information! That will help a lot of people :) I was torn whether to get a server host, but if that will be the bandwidth I am certain I am able to host small-medium events.

5. OldFart

OldFart Gamer

If it helps you do not need a powerful PC to run a server, almost any four core and above from the last 10 years will work just fine for one or even two clients, memory 4gig is enough 8 better, I run two ACC and up to 5 RaceRoom servers on a old AMD system with grids upto 32 cars without issue, stable upload speed is the most important, if you have the option in you router allocate bandwidth to the server

6. Tristt

Tristt Gamer

this is a old post, so i can understand if this seems odd to see a reply in 2022.
    That the current internet bandwidth usages when in a lobby.
    KiloBytes Per Second (kB/s)
    upload_2022-5-23_11-52-22.png

1 kB/s is = to 0.001 Mb/s. So its under a 1Mb/s.

Red = Download Speed
    Green = Upload Speed.

7. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

@Tristt red=DL and green=UL from the server side point of view? This makes me scratch my head as I would assume the server sends out more data than receiving.