1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How not to lose interest in Simracing?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Poguinhas, Dec 18, 2017.

1. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Simply, don't play if you don't want to play or play if you feel too.

2. Start modding.

IMO its a completely different level of satisfaction you get from creating rather than just consuming. Once you pass the early, steep part of the learning curve, its utterly addictive.

arthur666, Fat Rich and digitizer like this.
  3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Agree, even helping other people with their mods can be good fun.

The 3 M's (in this order)
    .Multiplayer
    .Modding
    .Making videos

I cant do cinematic stuff but trying to replicate a RL lap in AC is fun, it's a different kind of driving so it makes a refreshing change.

4. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

Read Ross Bentley's Ultimate Speed Secrets.... very few fast simracers are fast by accident ;)

https://speedsecrets.com/books/

Simracing is much more fun when you know more about driving techniques and setting up a car. Plus you'll win more races :)

5. konnos

konnos Simracer

Don't worry too much about losing interest. Stop playing for some time on purpose, so that you miss it after a little while and go back with renewed excitement. Also accept that you can't always be enthusiastic about it, some days are worse than others and you don't feel like putting in time and effort required to enjoy sims.

6. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

Do a little ETS2 & ATS and before you know it, you want to go faster... -> back to simracing :D
    On a serious note (was mentioned already), get a VR-kit (or do you have it already)!
    Follow a real race-series in the media and drive it parallell in your favourite sim.

7. Turk

Turk Alien

Once you get a decent wheel & pedals it goes from being a game to a hobby in my opinion. There's more to playing assetto corsa than just playing assetto corsa, you need to learn race craft, watching a race on TV takes on a new dimension when you know what's happening. So it become like any other sport where you want to consume every bit of information you can find and can take more from watching the really good real life drivers. You can't do it 24/7 though, down time is always helpful to give your brain time to sort through all that information.

8. I can't say I'm in the same boat with OP but I too haven't driven this little for ages. Lately my focus has been heavily towards sports which has been my 2nd not so serious hobby for entire life that I seriously lack the time for driving. I'd like to but have to compromise sim driving. Because that is something I can do even when my body doesn't like sports anymore. :)

9. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

How to not lose interest?
    Play other games/do other things so you don't get bored by it too easily.

10. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

One word:

[​IMG]

I too was getting a bit bored with sim racing but strapping this box to my face has completely reinvigorated my passion. And much to my surprised it's also rekindled my interest in non-racing games! :)

mister dog, Turk and Cote Dazur like this.
  11. I'm treating AC as a training - going from fast FWD to fast RWD in real life was not a big challenge - maybe thanks to sims... ;) anyway first 50metres slide was a bit scary...

12. SirJack

SirJack Racer

I have on/off phases as well from time to time. Then I do some flight-simming, play other games, watch races, go out and play RL-Golf, go the the cinema, ect. ect....no big deal to stay away from the wheel and come back:)

13. Serge M

Serge M Alien

To me I don’t really associate sim racing with “playing a game” I have done a good amount of Motorsport in real life but due to costs sim racing has become the replacement. Motorsport is my passion and through AC and VR I can race whatever I want wherever I want.
    It’s not something I could really get bored of as such in the same way I don’t think the race drivers in real life get bored of racing. The challenge and competition never ends after all

Tomcul and Cote Dazur like this.
  14. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

To be honest I find it weird because I don't think I've ever lost interest for so long without wanting to come back. I suspect it has to do with my self-built cockpit. I tried doing some laps this week and it just doesn't feel right, like the pedal placement doesn't allow me to control my inputs precisely. Do you guys have some tips about how to mount my pedals in relation to my body and feet? Would you be able to help with some pictures?

15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Their is already threads about cockpit, pictures and all, are you serious right now? Or just trolling?

sacredaardvark and Andrew_WOT like this.
  16. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

It was an innocent question, no need to direct the conversation to another thread when it's pertinent to his problems. Can't imagine why you would accuse him of trolling.

17. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

That is how I feel about it, why would he not go to the proper thread to get the whole story, what is he going to ask us next, our FFB settings? What is the best VR?
    Also how to mount pedals in relation will make a difference on his original post about lacking interest in SIM driving??

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    sacredaardvark and Andrew_WOT like this.
  18. Full_Ninja

Full_Ninja Racer

http://simquip.net/113-thickbox_default/heusinkveld-sim-pedals-baseplate.jpg

19. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

That's what forums are for, to discuss things and ask questions. It's his thread, if he wants to talk about his setup that's fine and by doing it here he can flesh out ideas for his specific situation instead of having to scour a bunch of random threads and he can have discussions with other members about his setup. Keeping it all in one place can make it much easier for him to keep track of things.

Having a less than pleasing setup can certainly dampen your enjoyment of sim driving, I spent years on a less than optimal homemade rig and upgrading to a proper rig last year greatly reignited my passion for the hobby.

20. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I know what a forum is for, dady:D