1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

How to improve at self-simulating times?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Neckbeard, Jan 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neckbeard

Neckbeard Rookie

I just started self-simulating last month. I started off 20 seconds off the pace and now I am like 6 seconds off in race trim, and I mostly have the forums to thank.

What else should I do to improve this lap? When I watch it, it looks like I just don't have a good enough precision with my inputs and positioning.

I also managed to get a podium in the race
    ... because everyone else quit.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Seems like there are many simple fixes to improve the VR experience that Kunos could be making Mar 10, 2020
    Physics Bugs & Issues AI doesn't improve during qualifying session Feb 10, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Spectator mode improvements (limited pit wall members) Feb 7, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Suggestions to improve Gamepad support Feb 7, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Any plans to improve MP lobby and give public servers more options Jan 23, 2020
    ACC General Discussions How do you know when there's no more room for improvement? Dec 15, 2019
    ACC Physics Request to help me improve my pace with Motec data Dec 9, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Pc display connections and performance improvements. Dec 1, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Idea to improve safety rating system Nov 30, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Every time I try to trailbrake this happens. What I am doing wrong? How can I improve? Nov 28, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality HTC Vive Improved Visuals Nov 26, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards How automatic rating practice info should work and how to improve ratings in my opinion. Nov 19, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Career Pit Stop Improvements Oct 23, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Does ACC uses SPS? (VR improvements of by 40-50%) Oct 22, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Additions/Improvements to the game Aug 18, 2019

3. Salvatore Amato

Salvatore Amato Simracer

I watched only the first 10 seconds. you need to learn coasting in those fast corners. watch aris videos on YouTube. you will improve everywhere.
    need to learn how to throw the car by slowly releasing the brakes.

4. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Better throttle control and steering input, the less you correct during a corner typically the faster you'll be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.