1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How to increase Fanatec ClubSport base v2 motor strength?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by F430_458_F12, Jan 1, 2018.

1. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Ah, I thought he meant the phone app, haha. 316 is the new firmware, now shows up on my wheel screen :) It may just be me, but the wheels all turn a little smoother, fan runs better, screen now doesn't have the flickering 0, and the BMW rim feels worse...but the formula rim...omg feels even tighter, more alive...driving the Lambo ST, it feels so springy, like the slightest movement might throw it into the grass, haha...sooo twitchy, but strong.

What exactly did 292/316 driver/firmware change? I've done a search but can't find any data...the famous placebo effect, haha.

2. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Guess Thomas didn't release the changelog on this one. I've had zero issues with 292 but can't tell if it was better or not than 289.

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  3. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

I believe that Formula and McLaren are gonna be nearly the same in terms of feel. Formula rim is very good due to its low weight and I don't feel any lag or spongy feeling when driving with it. But I can't drive road and old race cars with it, feels wrong to me, so I switch to Porsche rim and I can clearly feel a bit of lag and damping. That's OK for slower road cars, but for super cars and old race cars, I'd rather have a very light round rim. I hope they will make one with a proper quick-release (not a big fan of P1-style clamp), I'd gladly buy it.

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  4. Tberg

Tberg Alien

OMP Carbon rim maybe :D

5. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

For that price I think upgrading to upcoming Fanatec DD base is going to be a better choice to solve the heavy rim problem. Nah, I was thinking about something in the ballpark of $200

6. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Sorry about the wrong version number, I was lazy and couldn't be bothered turning on my wheel to check.
    If you use the website only, you won't get the latest firmware, use the windows app that comes with the Fanatec software to let it find the latest update and apply it itself.

7. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Did Thomas release any notes on driver 289? What exactly did he change?

I can confirm that the v2 feels different moving from firmware 204 to 316...tried it again just now, omg...the GT style wheels feel a little less strong to me, unsure why, but the formula style rims...holy cow. STRONG, and the turning is smoother...before 316, the lighter Fanatec rims felt just a smidge notchy, almost as though due to their lighter weight you could feel some of the motor's imperfections or something. Now, almost as smooth as the big GT rims.

The biggest difference I'm noticing is that the FFB, esp. when using the formula rims, feels less linear, feels as though it gets a bit strong near the end of the max rotation of the particular car I'm driving in the game. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes! I've heard of those! Unfortunately, as demetri said, the better bet is the Fanatec DD wheel base...my friend Andrea Zorzetto said the same thing, ironically...problem is, I can't get one because of a space issue :( The new base appears to be much deeper than the ClubSport housing, and I can't fit it on my rig. If I ever upgrade, will be forced to find a DD wheel with a shorter motor and housing.

Regarding new Fanatec wheels...I'll be honest, I'm hoping the next Fanatec pre-order wheel will be a GT-style rim, super light weight. Whether it is a classic F1 small-diameter rim, or a tradition road car rim, I hope they can make it under 2.5 lbs...even if they have to use more plastic. Fanatec's plastic components are already higher quality than the competition, and it allows the wheel acceleration to be so fast, esp with minor road details.