1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

How to not be twitchy with Xbox controller?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by HanSeoulOh, Jul 21, 2018.

1. HanSeoulOh

HanSeoulOh Rookie

I can drift like in Tokyo Drift with a controller, but I am twitchy and people say that doing tandem with me is hard. My settings are these

Speed Sensitivity: 20
    Steering Speed: 70
    Gamma: 2.2
    Filter: 0.7
    Deadzone: 0.23
    Intensity: 50

Now, is there any way to make my settings feel the same way but not look twitchy? The car I use has a really quick snap-back and direction locking so I need to correct it immediately. Help me please.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics All Porsche cars are kind of twitchy (in terms of control) compared to the other cars Feb 5, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Twitchy wheels Oct 5, 2018
    Bug reports Problem with G25 in AC on ps4: steering with racecars becomes twitchy when changing settings Sep 21, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Gamepad handling twitchy due to insufficient speed sensitivity range May 7, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Twitchy chase cam with high fps Jun 7, 2015
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Xbox one graphics issues Sunday at 3:14 PM
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Monitor Xbox series s Sunday at 10:02 AM
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Crash and Xbox Game Bar? edit: crash even w/o Game Bar... Wednesday at 12:04 PM
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions is ACC worth getting on normal xbox one Nov 20, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions CP Servers XBOX Nov 4, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Problems using second Xbox account Oct 29, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Server Administration on XBox One Oct 29, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Looking for an ACC XBOX League in America Oct 23, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions 1.06 Patch Notes for PS4 & Xbox One Oct 20, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions FFB XBOX ONE X Oct 19, 2020

3. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Your cure you probably dont want to hear: get a wheel and pedals.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  4. HanSeoulOh

HanSeoulOh Rookie

I will get a wheel, but in 2 months cos I’m moving soon to another country and I don’t want extra things to carry. So, is it normal that I’m extremely twitchy?

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  5. kunos

kunos Alien

You are trying to control a car with 900-1080 degrees of steering wheel mapped to a thumbstick with few deg of rotation.. "twitchiness" is the obvious thing I expect to see.

Personally I will never understand the reason why people like to self reduce the already limited control range in pads by using deadzone.. it doesn't really make sense.
    Try with deadzone at 0.. whenever I suggest this people come back say "oh you were right, it's better now"... the reason is so simple, right now you're throwing away a whopping 23% of your range away.. it doesn't make any sense.
    If your controller is too sensitive in the middle, try increasing the gamma to 3.0, this will trade sensibility from the middle to the extreme parts but it'll all be smooth and you'll gain 23% of range.

Other random suggestions: use a view that shows the virtual steering wheel.. if it doesn't look "right", it won't be right.

HanSeoulOh likes this.
  6. Nicecuppatea

Nicecuppatea Rookie

A Steam controller with gyro enabled is worth considering too, if you're on a PC and short of money/space. Gives you a slightly larger range of movement and works quite well once you get used to it. Think the PS4 controller also has gyro controls too.

7. HanSeoulOh

HanSeoulOh Rookie

Sure, looks right, feels bad to me.

8. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

i used back then those settings and could drive really fast and sensitive:

Gamma=2.3
    Filter=0.85
    Speed Sensitivity=73%
    Deadzone=0.05
    Steering Speed=100%

a old video as example: