1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

How to setup pedals in ACC to use Conical Mod

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by mouthpiec, Oct 11, 2018 at 8:18 PM.

1. mouthpiec

mouthpiec Rookie

Hi,

Downloaded ACC and since I use a conical mod for the brake pedal I cannot get 100% brake pressure when checking from the HUD. Is there a way to set the maximum to a lower level? I tried to change the values in the advanced settings of the brake pedal but I did not manage to achieve 100% (my pedal max is 40%).

I have the thrustmaster T300RS GT Edition pedals

Attached Files:

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Wheel and pedals work in options setup, but no response in gameplay Dec 25, 2014
    ACC Physics Setups not loading properly Yesterday at 7:13 PM
    ACC Virtual Reality No load setup in VR Sunday at 10:17 PM
    ACC General Discussions Setup confirmation Friday at 8:14 PM
    ACC Gameplay Issue with Huracan default setups Friday at 3:46 PM
    ACC Virtual Reality Enter Key Not Working for Loading Saved Wheel Setup in VR Friday at 2:57 PM
    ACC General Discussions Bumpstop telemetry in the setup screen Thursday at 7:15 PM
    ACC User Interface setup changes not being applied. Thursday at 5:23 PM
    ACC Physics New Suspension Animation in Setup Screen Thursday at 5:20 PM
    ACC Troubleshooting Crash Fatal error in car setup page Thursday at 3:02 PM
    ACC Virtual Reality Car setup menu navigation Thursday at 12:11 AM
    ACC Physics TC and ABS reset to default after changing setup Wednesday at 8:25 PM
    ACC Virtual Reality Cant Exit the Controller Setup Screen Wednesday at 8:04 PM
    ACC General Discussions Setup logic reset Oct 8, 2018
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres camber setup Oct 6, 2018

3. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

can you maybe calibrate it in the Windows Game Controller Settings?

4. Oberonone

Oberonone Rookie

Go into the controls section and hover over the brake slider. Click on advanced and you can set the maximum value to where your pedals max out (depress pedals).

5. mouthpiec

mouthpiec Rookie

I tried it but I cannot reach 100%

6. mouthpiec

mouthpiec Rookie

I did not check but I would avoid it because if I change the Windows controller settings I will need to recalibrate all my other games

7. Oberonone

Oberonone Rookie

It's best to have them calibrated in controller settings first,
    You need to set the value to where you do max out on the scale, could 50% could be 80%, wherever the grey bar mends. The set the red bar to that point.
    I have some shonky load cell pedals, and this is what I have to do to get mine to work at 100%

I'd suggest you do calibrate your pedals in controller settings, especially if you haven't done after installing the conical mod.

8. mouthpiec

mouthpiec Rookie

will try it now and revert. thanks for the help :)

9. mouthpiec

mouthpiec Rookie

this is the max i can get ... there is still a gap between the max I can press the pedal and the red line

Attached Files:

10. Oberonone

Oberonone Rookie

Did you recalibrate in windows?

11. mouthpiec

mouthpiec Rookie

I cannot find how to calibrate .. i have only this

Attached Files:

12. Oberonone

Oberonone Rookie

ok, does the brake reach 100%? If not, unplug the pedals from the wheel, leave a few seconds, plug them back in.

13. mouthpiec

mouthpiec Rookie

no it does not because I have the conical mod. this was installed a year ago and works fine with AC, RF2, PC2. Only problem is with ACC

14. Oberonone

Oberonone Rookie

That there is your problem. You will benefit in all your sims by calibrating the pedals properly. The problem is not ACC, honestly.

15. mouthpiec

mouthpiec Rookie

there is no way to calibrate the brakes ... checked several forums.

I think that the game is not working right .... if I set the max to 40% is should work like other games. With ACC if I set it to 100% I am getting to 50%

16. Oberonone

Oberonone Rookie

Did you try unplugging them? That works for me.

17. mouthpiec

mouthpiec Rookie

I unplug them everyday .. I tried it now.
    If I remove the conical mod it will go to 100% without problems but the mod limits the throw of the pedal. are you using the conical mod?

18. Oberonone

Oberonone Rookie

Well that is odd. Are your pedals plugged into your pc or into your wheelbase?
    I used to have pedals with a conical mod. I now how modified pedals with an inconsistent load cell, so I have to calibrate mine all the time. I unplug them from my wheel base and plug them back in, press the pedal and it goes up to 100%

19. mouthpiec

mouthpiec Rookie

The pedals are connected directly to the wheel base.

In other words this is what is happening:
    • my pedals max is at 40%
    • in other games I set 40% == 100% so that when I press 40% it will translate to 100%
    • In ACC I set the max to 40% and this is translating to around 60%
    I think the advanced settings of the brake pedal is not setup correctly. Does ACC support review this forum? I will wait for a fix :)

20. Oberonone

Oberonone Rookie

This is what should happen.
    • Default pedals at 100%
    • Install mod = 40%
    • unplug from wheelbase, plug back in
    • press brake, slider should go up to 100%
    • Default settings in all games
    • Profit!

There will be no fix, there is no bug. Working as intended. The problem is your pedal's calibration. I'm not trying to be arsey, i'm trying to help you out.

21. oggi

oggi Rookie

I've got the same problem as the OP (mouthpiec) using a T300RS and T3PA pro pedals with conical brake mod. Unplugging the pedals and plugging back in doesn't help since there's no way that would indicate to the controller that the brake pedal throw is limited to ~40%. Unfortunately the Thrustmaster control panel doesn't allow provide this type of calibration so it's purely down to the games; and every game I've played until ACC provides a saturation point below 50% . To work around this I've had to replace my conical brake mod with the crappy spring mod that comes with T3PA's - not ideal. Would be nice if Kunos would extend that red bar beyond 50%. So yes, it's not a bug but a relatively simple feature request.