1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How to start ACC on 2nd screen

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Ferr1s, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Ferr1s

Ferr1s Rookie

Hi guys,
    I just bought ACC via Steam and I d like to start the game on my 49" Samsung with 3840x1080 res.
    My main screen an the desk is a 24" FHD .
    I usually drive iracing and there you have a config app where you can declare the screen that should be used for driving.
    Is it possible here too? When I start ACC right now I can only set a resolution of 1920x1080 which my main screen supports. And then I have to move the game window to the 49" screen in my rig. Thats not acceptable.
    Thanks for your help...

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer ACC dedicated server race start hangs, but only on Nordshleife Apr 13, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Access violation on game startup . The UE4-AC2 game has crashed Apr 11, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC chrashed started Race in carriere modus Apr 2, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC crash soon after starting Dec 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Fresh Windows 11 install and ACC does not start! Jun 28, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Causing System Restart in the Menus [HW instability] Apr 25, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error when starting ACC Mar 22, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Fatal error on startup Mar 15, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC instantly crashes/ freezes after starting Feb 28, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC crashs at Startup Jan 2, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Vive Pro 2 - OpenXR - ACC start Dec 19, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC i not Starting, no log in AppData or Documents Dec 19, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC stops at startup Logo Screen Oct 26, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality ACC Crashes on Startup in VR Mode Only Jul 6, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room Starting a new ACC league, looking for members! May 26, 2022

3. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

I also have 2 screens, one for desktop (2560*1080) and for the rig a 34" 21/9 curved ( 3440*1440 ) ... and no problem, using simply the usual Windows commands ( right-click on desktop for the display parameters ).

( NB:my Win10 is in french ... so not sure now for the right words ).

You have 3 choices:
    - duplicate ( not interesting in this case )
    - expand ( the one you seem to use if you can move the game window to the other screen ): the important thing is: for your 49" check the setting "Use this screen as main screen" or something like that in english
    - use only screen 1 or 2 ..... that's also possible and I think choosing only the 49" might also work ( but not sure this needs the same setting as the expand possibility here above or if it's automatically done )

Doing that way ... the resolution will appear in the choice in ACC options.

4. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@Jempy

This is not what he wanna achieve. He wants to keep is 24" as the main windows screen and start ACC on his 49" screen.

@Ferr1s
    Unfortunately there is nothing to achieve this in ACC.

What i recommend you is to use a small software like Make Primary Monitor or anything else similar. This will allow you to switch monitor quickly before launching ACC.
    Drop the desktop shortcut icon on the monitor you want as a primary (the 49") and double click the icon... and voila :) Your 49" is the new main monitor and ACC will be launched on this one.

When you have finished, click the icon again to make your 24" primary again.

https://make-primary-monitor.software.informer.com/download/

5. Ferr1s

Ferr1s Rookie

Thank you for the Information. That's so sad. It's year 2020 and the developers of ACC dont realize that, especially simracers, ppl have more than 1 screen.... I will try the software. Thanks!

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

6. Set the screen you want the ACC to run on as 1 and set the other as 2. Then set 2 as "Make this my primary display. With "Extend these displays"

7. raymondw

raymondw Rookie

Same issue here, found SWRE and really love it!
    https://github.com/dtgDTGdtg/SRWE

Created a profile to move it from main screen to triple race screens and works wonderful!
    In ACC I did set triple settings.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <SRWE Version="1.0"><Profile><Window ExStyle="20040800" Style="140B0000" Height="1080" Width="5760" PosY="0" PosX="2560" HierID="1"/></Profile></SRWE>

8. TonyP

TonyP Rookie

Even easier, start steam in Big Screen Mode, adjust the display setting within Big screen, tell it to use the 2nd monitor, job done!

Tom Shane and bredsfx like this.
  9. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@raymondw

Make primary monitor is way simpler as you don't have to set anything and it works for full screen mode. Simply double click the icon and launch ACC.

SRWE need your application to run in windowed mode and never worked on my PC :/

10. raymondw

raymondw Rookie

@Rawmaster
    Then you assume I just have 2 monitors ;)

In fact I have 4, and due to other software I can't run Nvidia surround.
    SWRE worked really great, I can stretch across 3 three monitors mounted in my rig.

11. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@raymondw

I did not assume anything, i have 4 monitors too but run ACC through surround. Your case is more specific as you can't run Nvidia Surround for some reasons...
    I am more lucky than you as i never came accross any software refusing to run on the Surround setup :)

12. domidomi

domidomi Gamer

Such a simple, and awesome solution! Thank you!

13. Hurri

Hurri Rookie

I found a nice and easy way on the steam forums:
    -Start Assetto Corsa on your main screen
    -Press Alt+Enter to make it windowed
    -Press Windows-Key + Arrow Key into the "direction" of your other monitor(s)
    -Then press Alt+Enter again

Works flawlessly for me.

ESF likes this.
  14. Mad.Motion

Mad.Motion Racer

@Hurri

It works for single screen and if they have same resolution and not for triple screens of course as they have a different resolution.

In the case of OP he has 2 different screens resolution so Alt+Enter will not solve the problem because resolution will not match on second screen 3840x1080.

15. Cypher Prime

Cypher Prime Rookie

That worked perfectly for me, using two super ultrawide monitors with different resolutions. Thank You!

16. BenZ_67

BenZ_67 Rookie

Press Windows key + p and select witch monitor

17. bredsfx

bredsfx Rookie

That was the only method which is worked for me, because my monitors has different resolution, and when I wanted to use my secondary monitor as "extended display" I couldn't set higher the game resolution than the primary display maximum resolution.
    Thanks, nice catch!