1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

How will the new content play out with the 2018 season?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by khrop, Oct 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khrop

khrop Racer

Hello,

Not sure if anyone asked this question yet but how will the season 2019 cars play out with the older machines? Will it be a choice between either season? Will the Jag be able to race with the 992? What about BoP for cars that stayed the same, eg. Ferrari? And what about BoP on Zandvoort for older cars?

It's quite important because I'm racing in an online league and the second round will probably take place after the update. We're supposed to get one free car change, but this might make it very hard to switch from one BoP to another.

DiRTMark, A-Jin and Nox like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    General modding discussion ACC controller gameplay in Assetto Corsa (content manager?) Mar 15, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Visual wheel bug - disk/tyre hole [known replay issue - not content] Jul 28, 2020
    Suggestions Multiplayer Server Download Content Nov 17, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Content not avalible in multiplayer Oct 24, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Only in replays.... (modded content) Aug 2, 2015
    General modding discussion Guest Mode For Content Manager Mar 7, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Server in Content manager not allowing change of final rtatio Oct 7, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS5 Content May 26, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Content Manager CSP ( Custom Shaders Patch ) error. Mar 19, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Content Manager - Turn Signals Hold/Toggle Jan 29, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Download Content in CM through Sharepoint Jan 23, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Content Manager has screwed me Nov 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Can you change default car setups using Content Manager? Nov 3, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Content manager : Change engine map ?! May 14, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds I am missing Red Bull Ring and more KS related content Mar 6, 2022

3. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

My guess is that we'll be able to race them all together and that cars that didn't change but did still race in the 2019 season will have updated BOP and liveries. Anyway interesting question and looking forward to an answer from the devs

SimGuy_1 likes this.
  4. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

I honestly don't think they'll tell us anything before the release. It's part of the surprise and anticipation of having the release of a whole new season. Wait just a few more days and find out for yourself

5. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I guess they will adjust the BoP so that all cars are generally viable otherwise old cars will just be thrown out of the game for serious players.
    All cars should be competitive that is the only purpose of BoP and i'm very certain that it is how it would be in game.

Lol i actually made similar type of thread long time ago and it went right over the head of some people here.

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/bop-discussion.59158

A-Jin likes this.
  6. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

Ohh please, not you again.
    The guy who thinks they'll create some bogus BoP values to make all cars equal.
    The same guy who asked for non-BoP versions of the cars. You obviously have no clue what you're talking about and you confirm it by saying "old cars will be thrown out by serious players" :rolleyes:

Even though Aris already said it will be like having 2 different games (meaning the 2 seasons will be completely different things) he didn't even have to cause it is pretty obvious.

sps_for_race likes this.
  7. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

Viable =/= equal cars
    Look up some definition on web might help you understand something.
    I know what i'm talking about don't butt in clueless guy.

8. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

Good to know you realized what you said a few days ago made no sense at all ;)
    BTW, the performance results will depend on BoP REAL figures. They won't alter the data just to make sure Simguy over here considers them "viable" and still wants to drive the "old" cars

sps_for_race and m_box97 like this.
  9. SimGuy_1

SimGuy_1 Alien

I typed "i guess" at the start of my first post lol

Since when guessing = demand ?

Pathetic english skills.
    read my post again till you understand.
    I'm done because this is like talking to wall.
    Carry on your pathetic assumptions.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  10. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

if i may, you could have tried a better tone to avoid all this msgs.....just sayin.
    I don't care who is right or wrong just don't start wars in thread it really makes most of us difficult to see actual msgs.
    Both of you should really stop with this and keep it clean.

DiRTMark, EsxPaul and SimGuy_1 like this.
  11. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Simracer

Sure thing....but it's the 3rd time he talks about this nonsense BoP between 2018-2019 cars and it gets on my nerves :oops::D

sps_for_race and A-Jin like this.
  12. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

Thanks mate, don't be bothered by people's opinion all will be clear soon.

fsuarez79 likes this.
  13. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Well we will probably get some dev blog explaining the 2019 update to us.. so lets wait and see what will happen.

14. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/acc-content.49146/page-81#post-1093097

Quote from the thread :"Plans to balance the cars?"

Aristotelis said:
    In KUNOS we are going for realism. Always, 100% no compromises. There hasn't been not even once a discussion inside the team on how to "tweak values" to make something easier, faster, slower, more enjoyable or generally to make people happier about it.
    I'm not saying we achieve perfection always, but we always do things depending on the data we have, the experience we have and the feedback we get from sources we can trust. If it is also fun to drive and fast, great. If it's not fun to drive and/or slower, then it is what it is.

Aristotelis said:

As you know we are working very hard on the 2019 content. So new cars, skins, drivers, teams, sounds but also UI work and under the hood work at the core of the sim to make it work properly with what is practically 2 games in one, so 2018 and 2019 season. Of course each with its own BoP and stuff.

15. Psit

Psit Alien

You love setting up yourselves for big let downs i see.
    A quite obvious guess is that the 2018 cars will remain as they are and the 2019 cars will be bop'd as they should...

Gevatter and fsuarez79 like this.
  16. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

So we are saying the already low online player base will be split further?

17. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Why? It's a free update available to all...

18. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Well the consensus in this thread seems to be that the cars won't be allowed to race together.

19. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Never heard that. They do race together ij real life, no clue why they shouldn't ingame

20. James P

James P Simracer

Just like the old GTR2 which ran 2 seasons, I would expect 2 categories of cars on car selection screen with an option to select 2018 and 2019 car sets.

I see no reason why they would BOP 2018 cars with 2019 as that goes against the whole point of the update. The new update will give you the opportunity to play either season as you wish.

If Kunos give you the option to run a grid compromising of both years cars together then I fully expect the BOP's of those individual seasons to be applied.

It doesn't mean 2018 cars will be forgotten about as I imagine you'll be able to select the 2018 season separately which a lot of leagues and servers will probably do

fsuarez79 likes this.
  21. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I'm almost certain of the following:

SP
    2018 championship will only use cars that raced in 2018 championship
    2019 championship will only use cars that raced in 2019 championship
    Custom championships can use any of the 2018 and/or 2019 cars, thus can race together

MP
    It's up to the server admins to chose which cars will be available: only 2018, only 2019 or a mix of both

If the online drivers will choose one or another is up to them.
    I've seen online races with drivers using the Gallardo or the 911 GT3 Cup and I don't think that those who opt for racing them are less serious than those using any other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.