1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
    Dismiss Notice

HP Reverb VR

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Serge M, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Serge M

Serge M Alien

So whose excited for HP’s new headset? 2160x2160 per eye and seems to look much like an Oculus Rift in every other way. If I’m calculating right the higher resolution is the equivalent of running 1.9 super sampling on the current rift so while very power hungry not completely out of reach with current hardware

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Audio Bugs & Issues No reverb in any track May 9, 2018
    Bug reports No reverb on all cars Feb 14, 2017
    Sounds modding Geardown external sound issue under reverb zone. Dec 13, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Question about reverb after 1.9.1 Nov 4, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues cayman gt4 clubsport almost zero reverb Oct 25, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa reverb Aug 29, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues reverb under nordschleife bridges/gantries is way overkill Aug 18, 2016
    Sounds modding Built in reverb modification [SOLVED] May 29, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Too much reverb in external view Apr 23, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Reverb-a-rama! Mar 31, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Reverb randomly activated - Please connect a slider to it Apr 1, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Reverb in 1.5 my opinion and feedback Mar 31, 2016
    Tracks modding Reverb for tracks with tunnels and bridges Sep 4, 2015
    Sounds modding To the modders, is it possible to delete the reverb from fmod when making a soundmod?[solved] Jun 21, 2015
    Audio Bugs & Issues Does reverb objects work for tracks? Mar 12, 2015

3. I'm buying it first day my Odyssey is starting to hurt my head. I have a 1080 ti hopefully it's enough.

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I don't see how it can.

90 HZ @ 2160 x 2160 x 2 @ 114 FOV.

4k = 8.3 million pixels
    VS
    HP Reverb VR = 9.3 million pixels

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  5. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Would be a matter of sacrificing some graphics options to get the frame rate, plenty of people already run 2.0 super sampling on original Vive/Rift which is driving more pixels then what the HP headset is

Sean Smith likes this.
  6. baakstaff

baakstaff Gamer

It's more about the pixel density to prevent the screen door effect (feels like youre looking through a mesh); you wont necessarily run the game at that resolution, but theres enough pixels to fill in the gaps that would be there otherwise to make it look like a complete proper image

mikendrix likes this.
  7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Now that has got my attention. When current VR users tell me Vive & Vive Pro's look worse than 1080p monitor, I am out, particularly for the price of a Vive Pro. I don't car how amazing the immersion is. 1080p in my minimum standard.

8. Well if I have to get a 2080 Ti I will. I think it should be fine the pimax does it.

Coanda likes this.
  9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Which pimax. 5k or 8k?

10. It's not that bad. The issue is the sweet spot. I have to strap the bottom of my odyssey to the halo so it doesn't move.

11. 8k

12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Don't be fooled by the pimax 8k. The 1440p resolution is upscaled and testing has shown more refined clarity on the pimax 5k. Apparently their is a new 5k BE model which will feature OLED screens.

13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

And here is one of my problems with current VR tech. It's almost there and getting closer however I am playing the waiting game for another year or at least to see how this new HP Reverb performs. I am not sold on the pimax. A lot of user reviews have said its cheaply made and doesnt sit well on the face. My other issues are I live in a very hot climate & I have sleep disorder. Strapping one on for hours could be a problem for me. Living remote I also have no access to test one so I have to take the words of the gaming community which can be rather here or there... This makes it difficult to blindly shell out 2k for a setup.

14. Well I can tell you right away if you haven't got Air Conditioning you won't enjoy it. As for comfort if I had known of the comfort I probably would have got a rift over the odyssey. But now with the hp's new strap it looks like a good fit.

Coanda likes this.
  15. Coanda

Coanda Alien

It looks great. not too bulky, great cable management, nice resolution upgrade & well priced. I wonder if the headphones are removable?

16. Coanda

Coanda Alien

You can :)

17. Yeah and it's suppose to come out next month. Just in time for the full release of ACC, at least I think.

18. Coanda

Coanda Alien

:p

19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You can argue about the ethics of Amazon all day long, but their customer service is top notch..... ;)

Coanda likes this.
  20. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Your not wrong there. Majority of people don't know and just think Amazon sells gadgets...

WAKE UUUUUUUUUP!

21. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

But there is still a difference between the pixel resolution of the screen, and the resolution of the applications.
    You can run a 1080p app resolution on a 4K screen : there will be no pixels (no screen door effect) but a blurry picture.
    Or run a 4K app on a 1080p screen : screen door effect but a very precise picture.

So the main purpose of a HMD with high screen resolution is no SDE, then the sharp picture still depends on how much your rig can handle to display it.