1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
    Dismiss Notice

HUD Tire App Explanation?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by xefke, Nov 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. xefke

    xefke Rookie

    Hi all,

    I dove into ACC yesterday and I enjoy it very much although I am not that good at it.

    I had some questions on how to read the tire app graphic in the HUD, and while I searched on a lot of different sites, I could not find anything. Maybe my questions are general knowledge to you seasoned sim racers/AC veterans, but I'm still not completely sure.

    What I do know: (the basics)
    - Tire optimal heat is shown through colors (blue = cold | green = optimal | red = overheated)
    - The 3 parts per tire show IN - MID - OUT

    What I still question:
    - The 3 parts sometimes have different lengths (eg.: sometimes the middle part is shorter than the outer and inner part, at other times they are equal)
    => could this be the inflation of the tire? Middle part shorter meaning not enough pressure?

    - The tires have a gradual color sometimes (eg.: for front tire; red/orange at the top 25% of the tire bar, green for the remaining 75%)
    => Is this the visualisation of the tire outer part overheating while the core ist still ok?

    - How can we see the tire wear? As there is no wear indication as far as I could see.

    It would be a great help if anybody could help me with these 3 questions.
    Thanks in advance!

    Best regards
     

  2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Suggestions tire temps and wear in the hud on the ps4 Sep 14, 2016
    ACC Virtual Reality Lenovo Explorer menu and hud at bottom or floor Yesterday at 9:24 AM
    ACC Virtual Reality VR HUD while streaming for viewers to see Tuesday at 3:58 PM
    ACC Virtual Reality Screen mirroring with HUD May 7, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality HUD subpixel artifacts on Pimax 5k+? Apr 27, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting hudge freeze in solo race mode at start Apr 24, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Centering the HUD and menus without VR controllers Apr 16, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Laptimes, position - HUD (multiplayer) 0.7.1 Apr 7, 2019
    ACC User Interface Cycle HUD MFD stuck in Car Electronics v0.7 Apr 6, 2019
    ACC User Interface New Pitstop Hud blocks Mouse in Pause Menue Apr 6, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer v0.7.1 confusing hud widgets and scoreboard Apr 4, 2019
    ACC User Interface HUD Information suggestions Apr 4, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality HUD issue with WMR headset Apr 4, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Hud, what they mean? Apr 4, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality To VR users - feelings on HUD elements positioning? Apr 4, 2019

  3. Minolin

    Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

    yes

    yes, this is the surface temperature.
    It has impact on your grip, but will stabilize quickly if your core is ok.


    Not yet (although I'm not sure if we will ever display the wear).
    It's not Formula 1 :D In GT racing, you usually drive your tyre until you run out of fuel. But no worries, you will feel the tyre wear when towards the end of the stint ;)
     
    mms, Ischemica and Florian Boswell like this.
  4. xefke

    xefke Rookie

    Hi, thank you very much for your answers and confirmations.
    Another small question, on fuel display not tires.
    - when driving the Bentley, I see ‘fuel used’ on the display. And it seems to work toward 60Litres when out of fuel.
    But I noticed that there is a possibility to add up to 120L of fuel. How would that work then?

    Is there a way of knowing how much fuel is left on the display? Or is this something that real drivers do not have either?

    Thanks in advance!
     
    mms likes this.
  5. D.Jankovic

    D.Jankovic Alien

    @Minolin didnt Aris said in his blog post that we will be able to see tire wear in pits in setup screen?

    But during the race it is understandable that it will not be shown.
     
  6. mms

    mms Alien

    Yeah, I noticed the same and I found it strange, why would you want to know how much fuel you used up instead of how much is still in the tank...and it's not really fuel used either, as if you start with 30L, it says 30L when you start, wondering if it's a bug.
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice