1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I can't keep up with myself

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by MrBungle, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Yes, but the AI most likely doesn't, that's the point. Do the AI post approximatley the same lap times in qualy and in race sessions? If so, you are faster in qualy than in the race because your car is lighter than you opponents.

2. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I suggest you create an issue thread in the ACC physics forum and present as much timings info as you can.

3. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Again, I do get that a heavier car is slower, another example of someone perfectly happy with a work around.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

4. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

This, a million times, when someone gets you! I think I love you.

Prepare for, did you dewax your ears because the AI's ears are always fully dewaxed and you should always be dewaxing before the race.

I do appreciate the help, but honestly I know a heavier car is slower, that conditions affect the race but I stated that conditions were consistent between events, i absolutely love the game but don't have much time to play anymore so when I get a couple of hours to myself it's just disheartening to be messing around trying to set up the simulation. Perhaps that's why others are happier to just accept that your going to have to fudge it to work.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  5. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

@Mr.Mugel has it almost correct.

The problem is that you're not racing in a "realistic" way. I'm not saying that you're cheating the AI, simply that you don't know how you should do it.
    Here's what you can do, to enjoy ACC far more than usually.
    - Create sprint or endurance races (or a championship), with limited tyre set activated.
    - Create proper practice and qualifying sessions. Don't do just 1 qualifying session, enable possibly all of the practice and qual session, or at least half of them, put some decent duration too, at least for the qual sessions.
    - Enter each session and act a real driver/team. Examples:
    -- Practice 1. Put a fresh tyre set 1, fill up the tank, try to understand your car for the start of the race. Create your race setup. Use only 1 tyre set.
    -- Practice 2. Use the same tyre set 1 of practice 1. Continue race setup with full load. At this point, when you're good with your race setup, you can also try the fuel test value to take off your fuel load and try the car at the end of a race stint (when the car is ligher, it will also sit higher in its suspensions resulting in different aero. If you have time, you could also try a qual setup but don't change tyre set.
    -- Qual1. Fresh tyres set 2 in. Try your race setup with low fuel. Attention! Your fuel must be enough for the whole qual session! Depending where the fuel tank is, you can do a click or 2 on the ride height. i.e. if you have a rear fuel tank, maybe you will need a bit more downforce at the rear now that the rear is light. Lower rear ride height by 1 click. And vice versa. Go out, and run the full qualifying length without entering back to the pits after 1 flying lap. Try to understand what single clicks you could do for qual 2.
    -- Qual 2. Same as above, fresh tyre set 3 in. Again, out lap, full running trying to manage car and tyres for the full qualifying session. No flyinglap with 5litres of fuel and back in, no setup changes. Try to understand what single clicks you could do for qual 3.
    -- Qual 3. Same as above, fresh tyre set 3 in. Final qualifying so give everything you got but again, fuel for the whole session, no single flying laps setup changes.
    - Race day. Select one of your qualifying tyre sets, or if you've left with one fresh set, use that.

This is what AI do, this is what real teams do, this is what you should do. Trust me, do this once (you can also save your game and come back to it another day). The level of immersivity and satisfaction, by working this way, is simply completely different and above any simple "flying lap qual, in for a quicky race" kind of experience. You're in for the thrills of simulation, do it properly, thank me later ;)

gunner1483, ctnich, Si. and 17 others like this.
  6. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

Thanks I'm going to do this, I really appreciate you taking the time to tell me where I'm going wrong.

7. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

So suddenly it's not a workaround anymore?

8. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

No, he explained that in the final Q session they are running with higher fuel loads, as well as running multiple Q sessions, I'm going to try it as Aris said you see I was running low fuel loads in 1 Q session with a hotlap then a pit, Aris explained that is not the way its done IRL so yeaa. If I run the session and it still seems botched I'll begin to moan again but until I do it correctly I should probably shut up.

Gevatter and Piret2000 like this.
  9. Piret2000

Piret2000 Racer

In a 24 h race session, in theory there is no limit tyre set, so can I put a fresh tire every session?

10. Aristotelis

Yes if you put limited tyre sets, the sets available, vary depending on the race you're trying to do.

Piret2000 likes this.
  11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Aris I understand the point you are making. This statement also holds true for the Ai. I have shown enough evidence since EA (v0.72) to show the qualification times for P1 and timing gaps for P1-P10 and P10-P20 have a range of issues and for most tracks as they do not align with real life Blancpain times. Out of 60 timing checks across all 2108/2019 tracks 32% is between 0.5 to 1.0 seconds difference to real life, 22% between 1.0 to 2.0 seconds difference to real life and 13% greater than 2.0 seconds difference to real life. For example how are we supposed to accurately race against the Ai when in Silverstone, Hungary and P.R. they are qualifying over 2 seconds slower than the real life times..

And then there is the 911.2 issue whereby S.Muller claimed 10/10 poles for all 2019 tracks.

Is the Ai balancing being worked on and if so roughly when can we see this implemented..?

More test/results info here:- https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...al-2018-2019-qualy-results-new-results.60767/

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  12. Aristotelis

The AI is always worked on. If it was easy, we wouldn't be discussing now, wouldn't we?

13. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Excellent. Happy days.. :cool:

14. I never quali but always start from 2/3 down the field. Quickly enough I find a group of AI I can have some fun battles with, so your problem never came up with me so far. What you describe seems to be a real bug because people start using workarounds, surest sign it is a bug.

15. Si.

Si. Simracer

@Aristotelis information such as this on how to run a race weekend is really appreciated and useful as it can add a lot to the enjoyment and immersion. I think you should add this to the blog posts.

I’ve only just started the SP 2019 Championship for the first time and I’m thoroughly enjoying it, I’ve been running all sessions (only Monza so far) but I think I’ll extend the times a bit more and follow your advice.

** actually this blog post has similar useful info https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...pitstop-strategy-and-fuel-load-testing.57824/

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    Piret2000 likes this.
  16. trutya

trutya Simracer

if AI does this, then i don't understand why are they so fast, especially at FP2, and why are they so slow in qualy session (theoretically on fresh tyres)
    i always doing what you wrote, except for that i use also fresh set of tyre for FP2 usually (at least trying it at the end).
    AI also uses used/fresh tyres mixed in the race of a limited amount of tyres sets?

if so, that's great, but i always had the feeling they have fresh sets all the time.

right now i'm cheating during the qualy, like i was using the slowest mapping for one of the rounds (enduro race) to get lower in the field.
    i start usually with 75l on Q1, 50l on Q2 and 25l on Q3 but i also change it if one of the rounds need more or less fuel, total amount is always 75l.
    but it's so frustrating that i start from the front and in the race AI is killing me.
    starting from second half of the field and fight my way up is so much more satisfying

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    Piret2000 likes this.