1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I demand some explanation

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by D1visor, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

Oh boy... *shakes his head in disbelief*
    "Waiter. Cheque please!" Sometimes its just easier to walk away from the conversation when you know you are only gonna have to repeat the same stuff over and over. And this feels like one of those times...

I have already explained to you in great detail that i wasn't being mean or angry with you. but you just don't seem to understand the difference between :) and :mad: so really what is the point in even trying to talk to you again, you still won't understand.
    So i will leave you to try and figure out the difference between:) and :mad: on your own..

I bid you good day.

2. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

3. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

haha, I sense a ban warning for someone...:D

4. Robbiexsstar

Robbiexsstar Hardcore Simmer

I understand your feelings, are you :) now?

Nobby76 we got off to a bad start, but I don't want dwell on it over and over again.

It's all right, now get back on topic. ;)

5. Does anyone know how to get smooth movements with mouse? I only got jagged movements at my end. Thanks in advance.

6. daubster

daubster Alien

First of all - AC doesn't support "Mouse Smoothing" so to get a smooth mouse movement you'd have to move the mouse the exact same distance per second every second which is obviously impossible.
    Second - they disabled the editing of "camera_free" (the F7 camera) so the mouse speed there is stuck at 7 (we can't even edit the camera move speeds anymore - brilliant) , but the "camera_onboard_free" (F5 cam) is fixed at speed 1.
    So if you really need mouse operated camera then try using F5 as it gives a much smoother result.

There's also the OS part - if you didn't already then go to your "Windows Mouse Properties" disable "Enhance pointer precision" as it's basically mouse acceleration and set the speed slider to the lowest value with which you can still operate Windows.

7. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

the right click moves the camera slowly around the car, so i would have thought that's how they've done it

8. daubster

daubster Alien

You mean the right click in F5 cam mode right ? But look what happens when you use it a couple of times - the image starts to shake like crazy.

9. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

if I get my AC back, I will record a video of what I mean :) I never noticed any shaking

10. daubster

daubster Alien

I know exactly what you mean - by pressing F5 you enable the "camera_onboard_free" but you didn't notice the shaking because you never disabled the "SPHERICAL_COORDS" which all of the major screenshot makers do.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  11. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

More F5 camera hotkey goodies: Holding right click will slowly rotate camera around the car in one direct (clockwise I think). Holding right click while also pressing A or D will rotate camera in either direction, and quicker.

Spherical co-ords needs to be disabled, of course.

I've never noticed any shaking with F5 camera... :cool:

12. daubster

daubster Alien

You never noticed it probably because you didn't release the RMB (right mouse button) and pressed it again.
    Try this - with SPHERICAL_COORDS=0 - press RMB and release it, and then again - do it like 3 times and enjoy the shaker.

BTW - W and S also work in this configuration.

I now see that even arrows work - and you can slow down everything by holding Shift.

Chazz Ranger likes this.
  13. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

yes I never disabled spherical coords
    if I want free camera I use F7 ( but that doesn't travel with car of course)