1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I feel the C7 Corvette handles nothing like the actual car!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by WarFalcon76, Sep 8, 2017.

1. WarFalcon76

WarFalcon76 Rookie

I have always enjoyed AC. Just taking F1 cars around Spa is something I could do all day long. However I took a break from that and decided to try out the vette since I own one. Wanted to see how it handled compared to the real one. Now mine has the z51 package and can't say if this one does or not but even if it doesn't the handling of this car is absolutely horrid in game! I have no idea where AC got their physics from when it comes to this car but it's way off. Taking turn 1 at spa at 30 mph the car gets side ways and spins out. Active handling is on for one and second this car would not get sideways going 30 into that turn even with it off. That's a 45+ mph turn easy. (NEVERMIND IT'S NOT...SORRY) The turn in response feels like a 1980 Ford pick up, smh! Not sure what else to say other then it's a big disappointment and this isn't the first sim to mess it up.

Edit: Not a 45mph turn, my apology

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions (BUG/Glitch) Feels like having too much horsepower/no backwing ! Jul 5, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 1.9 & T300 - check here if you feel mushy ffb Apr 24, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Wheel feels light only when turning (Fanatec DD Pro + PS5) Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Flex Post sorry but it feels good. CPU upgrade. Dec 22, 2022
    ACC Physics Did ACC get robbed of FFB dynamic range & understeer feel in 1.8.12 update? Mar 30, 2022
    ACC Physics BMW 2018 GT4 leaving pit box, FFB on wheel feels grainy and engine cuts out after 1 second Mar 19, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Different FFB feel in a big grid Feb 13, 2022
    ACC General Discussions What do you think / feel about mods? Jan 8, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Anyone feel the FFB in ACC is not as sharp as AC? Is Kunos aware of this? [Nope, never heard] Nov 10, 2021
    Steering wheels discussions G920 feels weak Sep 18, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Meca Pedals feel 'wrong' Jun 30, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Feeling ffb Apr 7, 2021
    PlayStation 4 Discussions AC on PS4 Races feel slower than Hot laps Apr 2, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Feel of New 2020 Tire Model and Updated 18/19 Tire Model Jan 27, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals I don't feel anything when changing gears Nov 25, 2020

3. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Eh....45+ mph in a standard C7? I don't think so, that would be F1 speeds.

Also seems to me that the Z51 package does significantly change the standard C7, to a point they're not comparable on the track.
    Not defending the C7 physics, I wouldn't know, but your arguements are vague.

But, how is the z51 package? :)

detoit likes this.
  4. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I can confirm this... the Ford pickup's definitely able to do that corner at 30mph. Barely.

[​IMG]

5. I'm taking it at 34-37 mph in the Vette, with a hint of understeer. Not sure how you are spinning out at 30.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    BrandonW77 likes this.
  6. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Michael, how many lateral g's were in that speed?

Στάλθηκε από το thl T6S μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

7. marmagas

marmagas Gamer

@WarFalcon76 ,Please give us more info.
    Always nice to hear "real drivers" experiences.
    What about behaviour of C7 around the whole track?

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  8. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

the one in AC have the z51 performance package i think.

from the car description in game:

9. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I hope the OP comes back and expands on his argument. I've not driven a C7 yet, so I can't really comment but I've put a good amount of time behind the wheel of a BMW M4 and Kunos has nailed that one perfectly. Physics is physics so I'm curious why the Kunos C7 would be way off the real world C7. I could see if they have input incorrect car data, but I don't think that would have happened.

10. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

11. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

liakjim likes this.
  12. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Didn't know, not home to check, good call if it is the Z51 version. Still, 45+mph is F1 speeds, so something is wrong with both claiming such speed in th C7 as well as even spinning out at 30mph...

13. marmagas

marmagas Gamer

14. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

without a video this is a another one of those "this car is bla bla bla" pointless thread imo...

ALB123, LeDude83, Schnipp and 5 others like this.
  15. chakko

chakko Alien

Not sure if that is a good argument, because, at that speed, aerodynamic element has no effect, and it's all down to mechanical grip, and a F1 won't be THAT far away from a race car. Mainly down to weight, chassis, and tyres. Of course, it'll still be faster than a normal road, or sports car. But, not too much, i guess.

16. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Which tyres are on the real car and ingame car? Can you turn TC off in the real thing? Sounds like TC off ingame (and a heavy right foot) and AC isnt going to simulate the "active handling" I assume either, I also assume you havent been round Spa near the limit in your own Vette, speed is masked in the sim.

17. Here ya go: (Min speed - 37 mph)

LeDude83 and liakjim like this.
  18. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

here is a full spec of what the *2015 z51 c7 is all about:

19. ouvert

ouvert Alien

nevermind .. mph .. kmh ...

20. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

I think the problem is that AC doesn't simulate power steering.
    The C7 just like my Mustang has an electronic power assist rack.
    So the precision of the steering is lost to a point mostly in the follow through.
    The turn in is perfect but once the wheels load up and the wheel fights back you lose control.
    In the real car this doesn't happen because the power rack while relaying the information handles the work.
    It took me awhile to get the FFB set correctly to mimic the Mustang and I always run street tires because they break loose and slide
    much like the factory rubber that's on mine.
    If I start a run and leave the semi slicks I don't recognize the car and head right back in for streets.
    My point being that the OP is expecting the car to feel like his car right out of the box.
    Or he's just bragging about owning the Vette lucky boy. ; )

vegaguy 5555 and chksix like this.
  21. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

The only way I can get the C7 sideways in a turn like that, is to throw it in hard to induce oversteer, or apply too much torque exiting.

I've been racing it at Brands quite a bit lately, the front definitely needs all of the negative camber, for my liking anyway.