1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I know this is off-topic but i really need some help on blocking on ads

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by william1141, Dec 3, 2014.

1. william1141

william1141 Simracer

[still crappy english incoming]

i need some help on blocking ads my Adblock has just overflowed itself by ads it cannot block any ads anymore any ad now is getting on my screen which make my browser really slow i mean like REALLY SLOW
    but the only thing that adblock still is blocking is the view of the ads but all the pop-ups or anything about pop-ups are showing on my screen! does someone know something let this hell stop? adblock statics say that at each page atleast 30 ads that has been blocked i dunno where all those ads came from but this is starting to get ridiculous i can't even look normally at a video anymore because the whole vid has been blocked by stoooopid ads

even my netbook is browsing faster than my dekstop!!111!!!!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room off-topic: frequent PC crashes / BSOD - any help? Apr 15, 2017
    Console Lounge [Off-Topic] Dirt Rally wheel settings? Anyone? Jan 19, 2017
    Chit Chat Room [Off-Topic] - Help with Google Chrome Oct 29, 2016
    ACC Multiplayer We REALLY need a player report feature Dec 27, 2023
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Steering is really slow and delayed. Xbox controller Jun 4, 2022
    Steering wheels discussions G923 really that better than G920? Dec 30, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Really don't get the way GPU/GFX works in this game even with 50% overhead Jun 18, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos A car without number plate, it is really possible? May 31, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer A Report Option would really improve the open lobby experience Apr 15, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Really want to use my G2 for ACC (Andrew_wot please contribute) Mar 21, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions G29 FFB : is anyone really happy and satisfied? (Vote) Nov 24, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Really strange problem...Mercedes gear ratio Jul 28, 2020
    ACC General Discussions A Really Honest Talk About ACC Pricing in Brazil [505 - REPORTED TO PUBLISHER] Jul 23, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Really Easy VR Guide Step By Step Jul 22, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Really annoying problem with view changing at start of race Jul 19, 2020

3. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

I use chrome + adblock and I think it's the best combo.

Champion Hero, nate, nivadepi and 2 others like this.
  4. Sounds like you might have a virus.

1karl1, nate and TCLF like this.
  5. Skybird

Skybird Alien

A compromised system remains to be compromised, no matter what you do. You can never be sure that you really "cleaned" the malware away.

Klingon solution, therefore: delete it all, reinstall.

Firefox, Adblock, Better Privacy, Ghostery, NoScript, and Sandboxie in use here, as well as a payware (!) security suite, and payware MBAM. Switch off most of Active-X, autoscripts, and never install Java (not to be mistaken with Javascript).

It pays off to have an image of a fresh clean install on a separate HD that is disconnected from PC and stored in safety. Makes reinstalling a breeze.

Tailor your internet settings carefully and by hand for every software that access it. Keep permissions as limited as possible, by all reason. The more comfortable and luxurious your browsing runs, the more unsafe your system is.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  6. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

+1 for malware infection.

7. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Except that Chrome is made by DataKraken Unlimited.

dauntless likes this.
  8. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

+1 for Chrome is Malware.

9. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Been a long time user of Firefox + adblock (portable on work PC) and never had an issue with it, but then perhaps I'm careful in choosing what websites I visit ;)

10. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

That is malware not simple popups. Try and see if you have unwanted plugins installed in your browser. Sometimes malware shows up there as a plugin.

11. nivadepi

nivadepi Racer

I'd install malwarebytes & ccleaner (both free applications). About 3 scans and 4 reboots later, your system should be OK

12. william1141

william1141 Simracer

it looks like a virus disquised as a core file for chrome was the problem it was adding magical ads and extensions which was making it overpowered slow
    my anti-virus program and malware bytes and ccleaner all failed to look up on the very good disguised problem now after 5 days struggling with this horrible slow problem it is over :)

13. nivadepi

nivadepi Racer

Glad you got it sorted.

14. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Simracer

Why does nobody use a hosts file anymore?

15. Horus

Horus Alien

Maxthon browser never go near the obvious browsers. I go along with a few guys here and would say you have malware problems, run Malware Bytes in safemode on an admin account, not your usual login user, and see what pops up (that's what she said). :)

edit: Run a MBR scan, in fact scan scan scan and if it is still playing up then do the nasty and reinstall. To me it always feels like you have lost a game of chess with Windows if you have to reinstall but it happens to the best of us once in a while.

16. Turk

Turk Alien

I use superanitspyware, that seems to find all sorts of spyware and malware that other programs don't.

17. pojkofd00m

pojkofd00m Gamer

Why would chrome be malware?

Is it sarcasm or real conviction?

18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

I have heard a bunch of tech guys and none of them ever have much good to say about chrome.

Firefox is getting there also.

When pressed i think most tech guys would say avoid all the popular main browsers. I forget the name of the recommended one but its one based off firefox.

19. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

fire up a network monitor program such as Fiddler and do some browsing in chrome, repeat the process in IE and see the difference (so much more communication going back and fore to Google in Chrome)

20. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

If you're a Chrome user I highly recommend

Adblock
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom

Adblock Plus
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-plus/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb

Adguard AdBlocker
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adguard-adblocker/bgnkhhnnamicmpeenaelnjfhikgbkllg

Email this page (by Google)
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dbeoemfhkdniadbojeencpkgmobndpai

F.B. Purity - Clean Up and Customize Facebook
    http://www.fbpurity.com/

Facebook AdBlock
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/facebook-adblock/lfpacabphcagfehdgnigmfnbjdampbaa

ImTranslator: Google Translate
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/imtranslator-google-trans/noaijdpnepcgjemiklgfkcfbkokogabh

Magic Actions for YouTube
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/magic-actions-for-youtube/abjcfabbhafbcdfjoecdgepllmpfceif

New Tab Redirect!
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/icpgjfneehieebagbmdbhnlpiopdcmna

Personal Blocklist (by Google)
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nolijncfnkgaikbjbdaogikpmpbdcdef

21. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Microsoft Certified for 15 years, CCNA, HP certified, Netapp, VMware and more.

Totally up to you. If you're happy with Google watching everything you do, then I guess it's fine as a browser. Will never allow it on my Network though. :)

Horus likes this.