1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I suck at ACC - what to do!

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by deadmeat2k, Apr 19, 2019.

1. deadmeat2k

deadmeat2k Racer

@Minolin the two videos are really nice. I already have a pretty good starting point, always trying to plan both breaking points and turn-in points for each turn. My issue I believe is mainly what you talk about in the second video - the entry/exit speed and timing. I will have to run slower into the the corners to get some practice on better exit angle and timing

I have completely underestimated the value of the ACC driver rating system. Will have much more focus on the CC rating in particular moving forward. Currently my ratings sits at TC = 76, CN = 63, CC = 79, so i guess my CC is not all bad, but it would be awesome to move towards 90. As well the Consistency rating point out that I still push sometimes to hard I guess and loose the car during hot laps.

Now I have been complaining throughout the entire thread. I should really remember to say that I am extremely impressed with the current state of the game and look forward to throw myself into the final release. Before Project Cars 2 was my go-to GT3 sim, but the car handling, sounds, force feedback and all is just incredible in ACC!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    Minolin likes this.
  2. deadmeat2k

deadmeat2k Racer

I really feel your pain on that goal line situation :eek: I hope you had a serious chat with your race engineer afterwards ;)

I believe the two chicanes you refer to are turns 1 and 4/5 which are exactly the two also killing my lap times all the time and also where I struggle most with consistency. I found though to increase my FOV slightly from 26 to 32 helped here, because I am able to spot the second apex earlier and therefore hit the proper driving line better.

3. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Thank you very much.
    To be honest, I was getting worried through the course of this Early Access program, as many (including media, blogs, streamers) did the same. Though I was always confident about the math and it's value, I'm really happy to see the ratings get some gravity now, and more and more drivers actively use it to their advantage!

Derrellbiffle, mikendrix and chksix like this.
  4. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I've been away from home this last week, and I'm dying to get back to ACC. Reading threads like this I feel exactly like deadmeat. The rating system has really changed my perception of the goals I set towards making me a 'better' driver, and I know that improving my CC is going to make a big difference. The rating system is a really huge part of this game and is becoming a real source of pride for me when my numbers creep up. Bravo. A real tour de force.

warth0g and Minolin like this.
  5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Give this a go instead :p:D Worked a treat for me...

[​IMG]

6. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Yes, the chicanes are these
    Yes, the chicanes are these.... i drive with high fov (54) that is more difficult but more sense of speed and real sensation for me. Lower fov is better for the wheels near kerbs.

7. iVG

iVG Alien

That fov is just wrong unless you have a video wall very close to you. Sense of speed is a lie.

Si. likes this.
  8. nrc689

nrc689 Simracer

Hi iVG, surely technically you're right. Mine is just a feeling. I will watch your video carefully.
    P.S. I have a single 24" 16:9.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  9. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

Not a pro here but.neither a noob, best lap 1:48:5xx at monza and a similar pace lets me win some races and get a lot a lot of podiums.. Now start with suggestions! I started with times like yours and really struggling going down, here is what I did: first of all, could sound really banal, but brake 100% only. When I realized that I wasn't braking at 100% and starting to do that, my braking points became more near the turn itself and gained a more stable turn entry. Second thing is watch replay from good drivers you meet online with your same car learning right gears for every turn (sometimes these aren't so obvious) as well as braking points. Another incredible useful thing is the CC rating, I found myself feeling fast in a turn and then discovering my little square in the right was blue like the sky lol, following these colors (not too much becoming color-dipendent!) really helped me a lot. Last thing is don't start aiming for a time 5 seconds faster than your! If you do 1:52:5 start aiming for 1:51:9xx and so on, thinking "I'm 4secs off the pace" only brings up frustration. And obviously practice practice and practice!

Good luck man, hope this message can be useful for you and others like this was useful for me

EDIT: Forgot to say that trying maybe a different car and finding the one that fits more your driving can be an incredible lap time boost!

sid1965 likes this.
  10. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

I always have a look on the CC rating, and waiting for the feedback to tell me if I was good enough on my last turn.
    It's like having a teacher onboard, I can't drive without it now, it's so helpful.
    The rating system is also a part why this game is amazing.

pazzi008, Chriss and Minolin like this.
  11. deadmeat2k

deadmeat2k Racer

Thanks man :) Not sure I fully agree with your breaking advice though. The cars run with ABS, and when the ABS kicks in at high break input, then your breaking length is extended. I try to break using my ears, if you get my point. The ABS system in the GT3 cars has a distinct 'train' sound (best description I have seen someone else give it), so as soon as the ABS kicks in, I lift my breakfoot ever so slightly. Also there are telltale sounds from the tires, unless you run with high ABS of course.

12. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

Nah ABS on 2 everytime, and that's the only way I can brake after the 150m marker at monza T1 lol huge work do the downshifts tho, but maybe as you said leaving the brake can give me some cents, who knows? I will try next time, learning never ends hahah

13. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

Releasing the brakes during a turn also makes the air platform do its work, the car suddenly turn, and sometimes it allows to keep the wheel rather straight (unless that the SA system warn us with the orange "too much steering").

14. pazzi008

pazzi008 Racer

yeah releasing brakes the instant before turn was implied, sorry for not specifying that

15. iVG

iVG Alien

Not sure if this was the thread about struggling on Monza but here's a wee hot lap I recorded.

I didn't think of pulling the HUD back on the middle screen so half of it is not visible since I use 3 screens and have it to the side.

andrea.chiovato likes this.
  16. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Can I have your setup to look at? No matter how I try my lines are the same, buy your car seems to be able to brake 25m later than mine and still always make the corner perfectly.

No clue how it is possible, I too use abs at 1 so no clue about this really!

17. iVG

iVG Alien

I'm in work at the moment but in sure I've uploaded it somewhere in this thread.

18. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

Oh btw what do you set the track on hotlap? Green as default?

19. iVG

iVG Alien

No, Optimum for most grip obviously. And I'm not sure why you cant brake as late as me. What is your best time there?

20. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

I've stopped IVG's clip frame by frame, and he goes down from 274kmh to 272kmh (braking point) here.

upload_2019-4-23_16-34-9.png

my best lap time with the BMW in monza is also 1.47.6 (L) And I brake more or less there too, If I am not wrong I use the agresive setup and ABS set to 2.

Do you brake at 100%? maybe you are just braking at 80%

Edit: if you try to see the braking point in movement, you might see it wrong, as when you realize he is braking, and then look at where he is (braking points) you will need some time, and it will seem as if he is breaking much later