1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 I think game killed my wheel!

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by iwanchek, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Maxx69

Maxx69 Racer

After originally hating the ffb settings in pcars , I actually now love the freedom of choice and ability to fine tune .
    Hopefully with AC we will get a few more settings to tweak and some kind of telemetry screen .....that's all on another post though :D

2. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I'm sure this will come soon. It's a fresh territory for this kinda sim on console.

Pedal to the metal

Skemekos123 likes this.
  3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

It sounds like you just want the wheel to be heavy, that way you dont really feel the force feedback.

4. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

For example yes. It's an simulation why not dimulste real situations for example?!

Pedal to the metal

5. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

Because if you have the FFB too strong on our wheels, they cant handle it and will clip, which loses the details of the FFB and physics.
    Its all personal preference though. If you like the heavy feeling while turning etc, but dont mind losing the finer details of the FFB, keep it at about 75%
    I like to feel the effects of the FFB though, so I set lower to 45%.
    Only the high end wheels on PC like the Accuforce and Open Sim Wheels(OSW's) give the best of both worlds. Unfortunately for us on console, we have to compromise something.

6. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I'm now around 55/60% just to see will the wheel drop dead like yesterday

Pedal to the metal

Skemekos123 likes this.
  7. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

I dont think it will drop dead if you have it at 55/60%.
    I know that having it at 45%, I can race for hours and hours and it never gets really hot like it did before when I had it at 75%.
    It would die in 10 minutes for me when I had it at 75%. :mad:
    Dunno if its because my wheel is old or if the fan is faulty because it doesnt seem right that it died after only 10 minutes.
    Im just glad its fine now at 45%

8. LotusTeam

LotusTeam Gamer

I am at 50%, the rest parameter remained unchanged, except skid FFB 20% and I turned on understeer effect