1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 I was wrong about PC2

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by At0mic0, Oct 16, 2017.

1. At0mic0

At0mic0 Gamer

That's right. Here it goes. I was wrong. I was wrong in many ways shapes and forms but most of all I was wrong about Assetto Corsa.

After purchasing Project Cars 2 and holding onto it for 2 weeks on solid gameplay and vehicle setups I have concluded what I stated in the past about A/C going down is not entirely right. On many instances I found myself comparing PC2 to Assetto Corsa aka The King of the Hill. King of the Hill because that's what it is when it comes to simulation.

After all my efforts I can not bring myself to continue this struggle with the FFB settings. Nothing can make the cars drive as well and have the input that A/C has on the Ps4.

On top of the driving the one thing that amazed me was the graphics. They have not changed since Project Cars 1. Possibly better textures but that's about it. It's loading times of race tracks and lag fest on high vehicle count is a nightmare along with the flickering graphics in the distance just takes the feeling away from the driver like you are not there and it's a game.

I had that feeling with A/C, like I was actually in the moment, without VR.

So, I've returned the game back to JBHi Fi here down under (Australia) and await Gran Turismo Sport to quench my thirst for horse power simulation. If it doesn't I guess I can always rely on good old Assetto Corsa.
    Btw I meant the things I said about the Pc fan boys... cough

LeDude83 and sissydriver like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer "totalTime' in result json file was wrong? Jun 16, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting UE-AC2 Fatal Error in the middle of a session (that was loaded from save) Jan 31, 2023
    ACC Gameplay My CC and CN rating was reset during session Dec 25, 2022
    Console Lounge Any chance of UDP on PS4/PS5? It was on AC original May 18, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions AC was better Acc Apr 9, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Was QA Done on the next gen version for xbx/s and ps5? Mar 3, 2022
    ACC Physics (SOLVED) Motec log file empty (was, most of it still is though) Apr 4, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards 1.7.6 issues with both Stats and Ratings (was 1.7.2 Stats not being saved...) Feb 22, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards [I was stupid] Ratings change during SP even if "Online stats" is set to "Multiplayer only" Feb 13, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions This week - I'm wasting my life away on 24hr endurance (offline) Nov 11, 2020
    Physics Bugs & Issues Multiple crashes during league race... was it my fault? Nov 5, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Audio fix 1.5.4 was in 1.5 for PC Sep 5, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4 update - waste of time Jul 1, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Unreal Crash. Two weeks training wasted... Jun 7, 2020
    ACC Audio Since 1.4, Team Radio says "Mandatory stop cleared" when there was no such mandatory stop. May 19, 2020

3. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

So you purchase pBuggyCars which was a mistake positive is that you got ur money back.

If you want a real reviews of that game just go to their forum. That’s the right place to get solid info about the game...and 95% says it’s garbage.

I think GT Sport and AC are perfect combo to satisfy your racing soul :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. boabmatic

boabmatic Hardcore Simmer

on PC it is much better after the 1.2.0 patch... still not an AC beater in terms of handling/FFB feel but its much closer and fun to drive now.

AvGas likes this.
  5. Laces

Laces Rookie

I'm loving PCars 2 on PS4. Handling is great and FFB feels great too.

Haven't experienced any of the bugs everyone is reporting and really enjoying all the weather and time changes too.

Plus race engineer is great and is really gonna help me set the cars up in AC better as well with what it's teaching me.

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Haha yeah, sure. You must've picked that one magic copy, lol :-D

These "odd voices" still praising that buggy mess so much are becoming lone rangers and it feels good to see that a hoax finally gets named and shamed.

Few weeks ago I couldn't resist but respond to all the exuberant claims by the pCars 2 enthusiasts, questioning them and what not.

Now everyone can see that bugs well known from pCars 1 have been ported, change logs are kept secret so noone can put a finger on whether they actually fixed something. just look up "pCars 2 bug list" or so on the web - I giggled because there were so many known issues from pCars 1.

The question to all the PR volunteers is: how could you not find these bugs and report them to have them fixed?!?!? Were you too busy praising the game here? It's a lottery whether you get the right setup loaded, the sim-breaking lags when someone joins or leaves a lobby are still in, SMS names their tyres in a stupid fashion (on Lotus 49, the standard tyre is obviously a modern high-performance track tyre, you need to pick "all season tyre" to get a vintage tyre...yeah, right) to blame it on the user when that stupid pr*ck doesn't look through these obvious structures.
    Those PR guys over here should've spent their precious time seeking out those bugs and reporting them.

Now before someone gets their pitchfork - I still love people to love pCars 2. But it hurts to still see it defended as the sim to rule them :-D

The Steam user numbers have dropped so quickly, the game will be played by a group much smaller than the AC userbase, in the long run.

7. Rennen

Rennen Gamer

Wow, I am so glad that you changed your mind! Please keep us informed about your opinion on any other products you use everyday. Don't hestitate to make a new thread about it, your opinion is so important that it's just tightly in any other threads. Thank you!

Alistair McKinley and @P73 like this.
  8. Rastas

Rastas Rookie

King of the Hill is rFactor2.......

9. Flavus

Flavus Racer

I had PCars1 and when it worked it was great fun but to get 30 minutes fun you had to put in a similar amount of time messing around with the ridiculous FFB settings/calibrations to get a decent feeling from the wheel. Add to that the bugs and it broke it for me and so I will not be buying Pcars2. IMHO Pcars is in between a race simulator and a driving simulator so there is a market for it but it just doesn't match AC for handling. At the end of the day if all game sim companies produced an accurate sim of a car then it would handle exactly the same in all the games would it not?

10. @P73

@P73 Simracer

Welcome to Project Cars 2 Frustrated Club. It's only strange how long it takes for many to come up with conclusions that could be arrived at almost instantly. I think justification has a hand in it, like "well, I'm a smart bloke... I couldn't have been mislead by tricksters a second time, not me! No, many are saying it's good, so I think it's me feeling it wrong... I'll keep on trying." - until people suddenly come away from their sound sleep and get a grasp of reality.

I bought PCars 2 mislead by positive (biased?) reviews in the Chit Chat section of this forum and, as I don't think myself that smart, I admitted making the mistake for a second time almost intantly. Their latest update on Xbox only confirmed my view: My G920 and many other things are still unusable. How did it pass submission at Microsoft by the way, those guardians of high quality that are so fond of holding back similar processes for some but give an easy green light to others? Very strange, to say the least.

Dresden and bradleyland like this.
  11. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

Don't get me wrong I love AC but PC2 is really a great Simulation and yes I mean a real Simulation. For me PC2 is nearer to the real World than AC. When you drive with 180 kmh into a open Curve you feel how the car weight Interrupt you driving line. I never had the same experience on AC. For everybody that think I'm wrong please go in real life on a track and not only one time a few times to get Used to it and think about which Simulation is nearer to real world...of course PC2! The only thing which does AC better is the oversteering drifting part....which is IMO top notch. This shouldn't be a critic to AC because AC does everything perfect in their own way. A simulation will never be reality its a simulation so you need to live with a few compromises. The Best thing is to get both and drive both extensivly:)

Lewisxbone, Kembro, Jezza819 and 2 others like this.
  12. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yeah...and then you still make it with full throttle and little laptime damage :-D

Another lone ranger, I guess :p

13. DonZmeuheu

Take it easy DUde you don't need to coment my Post and write things about full throttle which I never mentioned. It's only an opinion of like you said a lone ranger...haha. By the way it's really a shame that guy's like you can't play to great titles at the same time...really a shame...;)

Lewisxbone and Kriig like this.
  14. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

PC2's shortcomings haven't stopped me from playing a lot of PC2, but I do find it kind of funny/interesting how the party chat varies between pCARS nights and AC nights:

pCARS
    • Discussion is dominated by remarks about how (poorly) the cars handle and the FFB feels in any car that isn't a modern race car (GT3, GTE, LMP).
    • Ad nauseum discussion over FFB settings.
    • Voodoo witchcraft tips and tricks that supposedly "fix" the issues (delete your game data, tweak this setting, update this firmware, spin around, stand on your head).
    • Repeatedly explaining to newcomers that they'll really need to map tone and volume buttons on their wheel, or get a keyboard, because otherwise you'll spend all your qualifying time in the options menu trying to get some kind of feel from the car.
    • Complaint after complaint about the lag when players join/leave; this includes frequent outbursts over ruined hot qualifying laps because of the same.
    • Whining about laps being invalidated for no apparent reason.
    • Repeated expressions of frustration with the lobby screen bugs, which require everyone to leave the lobby and create a new one so players can select their cars; sometimes two or three times.
    • Lengthy debate over whether to turn licensing on/off while the lobby is public.
    Assetto Corsa
    • We hate having to leave a lobby to change the car/track! It's a pain to get everyone back in.
    • Intense frustration over spending 15 minutes qualifying, only to have the lobby get "hung up", failing to switch to race.
    • Random drivers who are able to leave the starting line before everyone else, wrecking the entire grid.
    • Complaints over the "billiard ball" impact physics in AC (these have diminished significantly in recent patches).
    • Whining over the limited number of circuits/layouts.
    • Swearing and shouting over the jerk who keeps wrecking everyone, but we can't seem to kick because AC's lobby moderation features are so lacking.
    • The oddball lunatic who insists (despite being repeatedly shouted down) that "OMG, real cars don't handle like this, pCARS is so much better".
    It seems that both games have their highs and lows. Personally, I wish my group would go back to AC occasionally, because I feel like the actual driving/racing is better there, but a lot of the guys in my group are sore over the lack of circuits in AC, and the constant need to leave/join servers. That's really what keeps them on pCARS: the variety.

BluuSpydeR, @P73 and DonZmeuheu like this.
  15. bradleyland

Everyone's experience is subjective. For my experience, the E92 M3 in AC feels almost exactly like my real life car. So much so, it shocked me how spot on it is. If pCARS 2 feels more realistic to you, then great, but I find there are some significant shortcomings in pCARS 2. Remarkably, in the same circumstances you mention. In pCARS 2, there is no understeer. Go load up the 911 GT3 RS at Barcelona. At T3, as you are turning right, just keep turning the wheel. You will see that you can just keep turning and turning and turning. You can try the same in AC and you will see that the car more readily runs wide.

While I enjoy pCARS 2 from a game perspective, the physics continue to be horribly broken for many cars. Yet other cars are fantastic. It's really perplexing to me. I want to like the game, but I also don't want to drive the 488 GTE (just an example; one of the best feeling cars) 100% of the time. I'd love to drive the Ferrari GTB4 around Algarve without the car feeling like a wallowing pig on roller skates. Or at least if the car is going to be a wallowing pig, driving far beyond the limit should not be rewarded with faster lap times.

sissydriver, LeDude83 and @P73 like this.
  16. DonZmeuheu

When I drive the 911 GT3 RS at Barcelona I can't confirm your experience at T3 , I think it has to Do with the different circumstances. Like I said when I drive this combo you have mentioned than I feel the weight of the car in the Steering wheel and of course when I push more the car go to the left side of the track. But I feel the weight Distribution far more than in AC. I don't know which wheel you use, rather which ffb settings and what settings you have changed on the car or whatever. The only thing I wanna say in my Post is nearly the same what you have written above is that both have their pro and cons but for me PC2 is nearer to real life with their whole package at least for me. You're right that a few cars are from start just perfect and others don't but the same issue has AC IMO. When I drive in real life on the Nordschleife and I enter the Hatzenbach Schikane you feel the weight Distribution not only in the chassi also in the wheel. The exact same experience I have In pc2 of course without the feel of the weight Distribution of the chassi. In AC I don't have the same experience.

17. bradleyland

I'm using a T300 Ferrari Alcantara edition with Fanatec CSPv3 pedals. My FFB settings vary from car to car, because the FFB in pCARS 2 is so inconsistent. I usually run gain at 100, with tone & volume mapped to buttons on my keyboard so I can adjust the amount of feel between lateral front-end grip and Mz forces. I run very low FX (10). In general, I run pretty light FFB. The histogram on my telemetry hud rarely moves beyond the third column.

I think I'm going to make a video to demonstrate the lack of understeer in pCARS, because it is one of my main frustrations. In general, pCARS rewards over-driving the cars. I can get a faster lap time by pushing the front end well past the point where the steering lightens up. This indicates one of two things: 1) the tires have too much grip past the point that they have broken traction, or 2) the steering feel is not an actual indication of the grip at the front of the car. In my group of 8-10 people who I race with regularly (some prefer pCARS, some prefer AC), all agree that pCARS 2 rewards over-driving the cars.

MaxStrong01, LeDude83 and DonZmeuheu like this.
  18. DonZmeuheu

@bradleyland That's true overdriving the car shouldn't give you a faster time but in PC2 this is the case. I also can confirm that. For me that's a big lack...like you said both have pro's and cons. IN AC this issue is better solved and overdriving the car don't bring you any Benefit in lap times. Thats why AC complete PC2 and PC2 complete AC. Both are great:)

bradleyland likes this.
  19. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

This really kills me. :( Instead of creating one thread with the title "Project Cars 2" like in the PC forum, we have 3 threads with total different titles that are used for the same thing and two of them (that were created after the first one) are created so the OP's opinion has more views.

Reinart86 and Donnced2 like this.
  20. Laces

Laces Rookie

One thing I realised I'm experiencing with PCars 2 as well as AC is (as stupid as it sounds) overwhelm.
    I stress myself out that there's so much to try and I don't have that much time to do it!!

Theres so many cars and tracks to drive I'm going from here to there, want to drive this car and this track, that car there and this car here and not really getting a good handle on any of them - cars or tracks!
    Just a few laps here in this car or a few laps there in that car, nothing substantial.

I tend to drive the same old cars and tracks in both games lol, so my new plan is to choose one track and take a load of different cars around it, really learn the handling.
    I did this on AC last night with a few different cars I've never tried, really enjoyed it and even did a bit of set up work and got them feeling better to drive!

Sorry, rambling post here :p

Dresden and LeDude83 like this.
  21. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

I'll admit I had a lot of fun in Pcars 2, but really there is so much there that doesn't really work, that it's really only good as a hot lap simulator for me. Occasionally if I'm lucky I'll have a decent race with the AI, but in the whole it's a frustrating experience.

I think the physics are actually quite good, but the ffb is a real let down as they went for a very pure steering column type feedback and there is very little feel for tyre slip, especially under braking.

If they can fix the AI, sort out the multiplayer issues and add some tyre slip effects to the ffb, this will be a very solid sim.