1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I5 VS i7 ACC VR

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Kalamede, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Kalamede

Kalamede Racer

Sry for double posting!!!
    FYI I did some benchmarks with fraps on ACC VR first special event (race huracan nurburgring) almost everything low settings or off with 2133 mhz and then 3200mhz, the results are:

2133mhz:
    2019-02-18 18:36:54 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 2690 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 44.833 - Min: 39 - Max: 52

3200mhz:
    2019-02-18 18:43:38 - AC2-Win64-Shipping
    Frames: 3046 - Time: 60000ms - Avg: 50.767 - Min: 42 - Max: 64

The difference worths for me

LeDude83, Micii1 and f_deutsch like this.
  2. Micii1

Micii1 Racer

I am running ddr4 at 4000 but i have not tested yet

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

More than 10 % FPS improvement!

Very similar to my findings. I run 3600 MHz RAM speed without any issues althoug my CPU is spec'd with 2400 max.

4. magzire

magzire Alien

True, but want to so one at a time, which be best to upgrade first

5. Stains

Stains Simracer

I'd go GPU first then mobo/cpu/ram and probably psu.

6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

That doesn't apply to ACC IMO. 2080tis are being bottlenecked hard by the GPU/RAM in the Benchmarks with only 15 cars. So a GPU that can push 200 FPS ihn single player mode but gets crippled to 80 in a race is not a good balance. It seems more reasonable to go with a 2070 pushing 110 in single player mode and picking a CPU/RAM combo that can keep up with that in the race.

7. Stains

Stains Simracer

Up the resolution buddy? It's all GPU for me at 4k with 1080ti/7700k ;) but even 9700k will be bottlenecking at 1080p.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Resolution has to be taken into consideration, for sure.

It's hard/impossible to answer such questions in a generic way. Target HW/settings and personal preference is very individual. In fact, each "request" should be thoroughly investigated.

9. Stains

Stains Simracer

Yep , so i suggest getting the best you can afford now depending on resolution needed ! With ACC id say get the GPU first and aim for higher than 1080p resolution ! It looks really nice at 4k compared to the blur that comes with 1080p.

10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Lol...you agree but then you give another recommendation based on your preferences ;)

No offence but really...someone who seeks help should possibly open a dedicated thread where he says what he wants and then start a PM conversation with one guy who knows how to get there.

People like us (hehe) chiming in are just confusing - a thorough consulting is needed.

Over and out.

11. manuel_rendo

manuel_rendo Racer

No matter how,,this is the worse performance wise and more gpu demanding racing game in the market
    Vr will not reach 90 fps even with 2080 + i9 not even with a nasa computer at full capabilities graphics maxed.
    1080 p is blurrier than similar titles and a gpu 1070/1080 min for 4K will be required.4k is good for Acc.single screen
    As Vr or triple are completely crippled now. For my experience vr is bottlenecked by GPu with this game.an i7 8700 is more than enough.so CPU is second to GPU ...
    The optimization is so bad at the moment that not even Kunos have a clue how to improve the mediocre performance
    Of UE ..in 1080/vr...triple is not even supported..it will take too long..by the time is improved,new gen gpus will be in the market...so the present for acc is 4K single screen 1080 or 1080 ti and above..in short the best the money can buy..
    That was not told before early release as probably they never knew anything about the problems they have right now.

12. alex bonner

alex bonner Racer

Agree

I went from a 7700k paired with a 1080Ti EK X to an 8086k paired with a 2080Ti Lightening Z and see no improvement. Both CPU’s were running over 5000MHz and both GPU’s were above 2100MHz. I was seeing less than 50% CPU and less than 40% GPU. Clearly it’s in the devs hands.

I wouldn’t recommend anyone spends cash trying to get ACC running. We’re just going to have to wait this 1 out.

Kalamede and Stains like this.
  13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

This is a mainly emotional post when reasonable, technical and logical thinking would be required. No figures, just anecdotes stated as facts, short conclusions and "funny" exaggerations.

Post quality: 0/10. Ignore list.

14. Stains

Stains Simracer

Im offering suggestions based on my own experiences ,so not as much preference but just what i seen with my own experiences .

You came with your own suggestions based on your own preference ,although possibly right , not entirely helpful to the threads needs , i5 vs i7 ,which naturally progresses into "is the CPU really the best upgrade" .

I haven't found this thread confusing and if anyone has they could and should ask more questions ;)

Possibly over but never out.

15. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Did someone remember how bad was rF2 during beta and even when launch'(regarding looking and FPS), and how much demanding it was regarding hardware. Now you can run it with good performance with modern hardware. So maybe we can let some time to Kunos to make the job done. A least ACC is good looking.

Romneyb and jaxx_za like this.
  16. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Do you really think that that the devs do not know how to optimise their own work? They do, but It takes time and resources, both of which are in short supply at the moment due to the rework in progress.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Micii1 likes this.
  17. Kalamede

Kalamede Racer

Well... talking about lack of optimization in an objective point of view is not certainly off topic if we say "Let's wait until the game progresses to see if it's demands are covered more from x processor technology over the other"

I ended up frustrating sometimes, I usually enter to ACC once a month to see how's the developing progress but can't really play it much (I would say that thanks to the guys here I can play really decently at 45 fps ASW ON on single player 130% resolution), but for example DayZ had a poor and horrible optimization just because pre-alpha, now it is a whole different thing. I also remember AC1 being optimized just after 1.0 release so we have a long time on the way to see what happens.
    I do not know if Kunos seriously faced more problems that they thought or they are just ignoring or tired of some community members/messages/speculations and just being used to UE

Whatever, I find the main topic interesting for VR as I would upgrade my PC because ACC when the game is closer to it's final state.
    Youtube benchmarks say that an i5 9600k is really the best option as they are much cheaper and performs the same as an i7 (for gaming purposes ofc) but there are really little info about VR environments (none that I've found)

18. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Hmm, in VR I can‘t achieve good looking result unfortunately. Whereas in Raceroom I can achieve crisp clear picture in VR I couldn’t do it in ACC yet.
    Without TAA (with FXAA only or with AA off) the picture is pixelated and with TAA I have blurry ghosting.
    Maybe I do something wrong...

19. Stains

Stains Simracer

Just in case people missed it, Kunos gave a sneak peak into the upcoming patch and High on the list was CPU optimisation ;) if i find the link I will post it.

6 core CPU's without hyperthreading have issues in some games where a 4c 8t CPU will give better frametimes and stability. Some games just need more than 6c and the hyperthreading is needed (Farcry 5).

Kalamede likes this.
  20. Stains

Stains Simracer

Here's the sneak peek ;)
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...-6-early-access-release-delay-spoilers.54943/

Kalamede likes this.