1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Idea for future update

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by [URU]Crumble, Jun 21, 2016.

1. [URU]Crumble

[URU]Crumble Rookie

Hello
    first i want to say sorry for my english, i am spanish
    AC is a really good game, the sounds arent that good but is ok
    can kunos on the future make Brake sounds for cars??
    will be awesome start to Brake and heard the sounds of the brakes
    this is a question for kunos starff, will be that possible on the future??
    cheers!

Collin, Lawndart and Epistolarius like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Red Bull Ring Ideal Line Bug Jan 30, 2024
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Ideal line and autoblip on server Jul 19, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Any Ideas? Sep 17, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Stream Deck as a Button Box - Ideas Aug 29, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Ideal Racing Line Jul 18, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting "Fatal Error UE4 AC2" Absolutely no idea what i need to do or doing wrong? May 31, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Ghosting players - to manage bad drivers (Idea) Dec 8, 2020
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues "Opponents Visibility" *New Idea* Nov 8, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds The ideal trajectory activates itself Aug 12, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Ideal Line Assist - it changes/updates color to late Jul 19, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Some ideas for the CP Servers Jul 18, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Pre-Race Hud Idea Mar 3, 2020
    ACC Physics Tires resettign to ideal when pressing restart. (Tought it to be an issue - works as designed) Feb 15, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards SA Rating visualization (idea) Jan 12, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Driver Swap - Optimizations for public multiplayer? Any information or ideas? Jan 1, 2020

3. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

Brake sounds are possible in AC, they are very quiet on the most cars.

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

4. [URU]Crumble

[URU]Crumble Rookie

yes i agree but gt3 cars need it and it will be awesome!!

5. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

Brake sounds would be an awesome addition if they make them dynamic with the brake heat system. It's usually cold brakes that make noise, not so much once they are at operating temperature.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  6. Omelete

Omelete Racer

dinamic trasmision sound

dermonty likes this.
  7. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Didn't Kunos remove the squeaky brake sounds from modern cars?

alex72 likes this.
  8. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

I remember people complaining about brakes sound in certain mods, such as Seat Leon Eurocup.

mESCx likes this.
  9. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

Thats also a problem, some like it, some not...

10. [URU]Crumble

[URU]Crumble Rookie

yeahh but its more realistic
    maybe a volume option to turn it off will be a solution

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

It's definitely something I'd like to see added to the official race cars, even more fitting with the brake temperature simulation being implemented now. The data would be all there. If there's one thing that's not that great about AC it's that there's little depth to the sounds. Squealing brakes as another layer certainly would bring in some more life into the cars.

12. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

13. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

On real cars the squealing depends (mostly) on the temperature of the brake, maybe Kunos toned it down for now until they add brake temp.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  14. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

Different rotor and pads compaunds make brakes squeel more or less. Carbon-ceramics squeels more, steel - less. For manufacturer - it is problem, so less squeel - better brakes. Even some greases are applied. And also they can squeel when pads or rotor are wear off.

Porsche CCMs squeeling (31s)

15. Not exactly high on my list of priorities.

16. alex72

alex72 Alien

There was brake volume before with squeak brake noise on all cars. They changed it.

17. [URU]Crumble

[URU]Crumble Rookie

did u know why??
    and do u think that in the future will be posible rain on the game?? that will be awesome!

18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

That must've been early in or before the Early Access program then though. Never noticed it actually being implemented for the cars in the time since I owned the game at least.

19. alex72

alex72 Alien

All cars squeaked in the beginning. Not sure if it was from start or if it came a bit later, and then it disapeared again. But it was there. Long time ago.

20. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

I have it in some of my sound mods, but i used different sound than Kunos. In the Huracan GT3 u can hear it very good when braking hard at high speed.

21. TheDarkenn

TheDarkenn Racer

Thrust Mode!!! Please...