1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 I'm a Rookie!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by firben, Oct 27, 2016.

1. firben

firben Rookie

Hi Guys
    I'm totally new to this.
    I have raced F1 series for ages, and being terrible at it.
    Recently, i bought an xbox one, and also Project cars and was terrible at that too!
    Some months ago, i bought Forza and since then, i have learned really a lot about driving.
    So at the moment, still pretty bad, but getting better at last!

I got AC just to check it out, and because i had heard that it was better on the console with a controller than Project cars. After a few hours i think i have figured out that it is, but maybe you can help me confirm and/or figure out a few things:

1. If i am using a controller, are the best views the cockpit with no steering wheel, bumber or bonet view, because the hands/steering wheel do not correspond to the expected joystick input
    2. There is no photo mode on xbox version?
    3. On replays, can i hide the suggested racing line?
    4. How do i export a saved replay of a race?
    5. I can not do custom paintjobs?
    6. There is no clutch input for the controller on xbox?
    7. Do automatic gear changes really suck for you too or am i using it wrong?
    8. Even at full brake, i don't seem to lock up, and abs is not on. Have i missed something?
    I am still getting a feel of this, and i am only a few hours into free play and only done a few races, so i hope you'll forgive me for being a noob

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues I look like I'm driving underground to other people Dec 21, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game Freezes and crashes when i'm in Team events Jul 22, 2022
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues I'm being disconnected while everybody enjoys MP Nov 9, 2021
    ACC General Discussions How do I accept that I'm crap? Nov 5, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer This just happened to me in a race today and I'm mad. (Revenge crashed for no reason) Jan 28, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer CP connecting to EU region when I'm in US Dec 25, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Why I'm faster in hotlap mod than practice one? Nov 28, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions This week - I'm wasting my life away on 24hr endurance (offline) Nov 11, 2020
    ACC Physics I'm improving race setup, BUT drives poor with 10 ltrs? Nov 3, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Changing rims = hey I'm acc I will play the lottery for the ffb settings for individual rims Oct 7, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Great - I'm at the start line and it's raining. Now what? Apr 4, 2020
    ACC General Discussions I'm newbie Feb 7, 2020
    ACC General Discussions I'm dreaming of a CP christmas Dec 9, 2019
    Chit Chat Room I'm getting slow! Nov 24, 2019
    ACC General Discussions I'm looking for the #43 Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO in Update 1.1 Oct 24, 2019

3. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

Welcome
    1. I use the cockpit and put the visual steering lock to 360 degrees, but if the hands bother you id use the dash cam.
    2. Not currently
    3. Not that I know of. You really should turn that off anyways as it isn't adaptive like you might expect it to be from Forza.
    4. Export? Well you can save it in the race, then unless you have something like an Elgato you're going to have to use the Xbox One dvr system to record and upload your videos.
    5. No, sadly
    6. No
    7. Can't answer I personally haven't used auto.
    8. Are you sure it is off? Is it on factory by chance? What car were you experiencing this in?

4. firben

firben Rookie

Thanks Havana
    Regarding the brakes, i have tried several settings, but now i am suspecting my controller because it also does this on Pcars (but not on Forza)... Or it might be that brake locking is more obvious on Forza than on Assetto Corsa and Pcars