1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

I'm shelving the game till FPS issue fixed.

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by Squeak_D, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Squeak_D

Squeak_D Rookie

I decided to shelve this game today until the Devs sort out the FPS issue. I'm not going to bash it.., demand my money back, ect.

I really do like the title. I'm a huge racing fan., and have been ever since one Christmas morning when I unwrapped a present to find Santa brought me Pole Position for my Atari. Been hooked on racing titles since (I should say the more circuit based titles).

I about jumped out of my skin when the news hit that Kunos was releasing Assetto Corsa on consoles. I thought "finally someone is picking up where Simbin left off with Race Pro". Which by the way I still play today.

I just can't play this title without getting a headache, eye strain, or feel like I'm going cross eyed. I know some aren't having the FPS issue as severe as others, but WOW.., I sure am. I've done everything possible on my XBox and adjusting various track settings within the game to free up resources to improve FPS. Nothing works. I'm even to the point of playing with my XB1 offline and still no improvement. There is something seriously flawed in the coding for the FPS to be experiencing major choking when driving at low speeds.

I hope the Devs can sort this out. No console title to date can compete with the physics in Assetto Corsa. I don't care if it doesn't have photo realistic graphics. I've been gaming long enough to know the compromises that must be mad to run a SIM like this on a console. Kunos.., please don't drop the ball before you even get a chance to shoot it. You've got the makings of a great title here.

GTHQ_koop, Exup, ppbucko and 3 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues I look like I'm driving underground to other people Dec 21, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game Freezes and crashes when i'm in Team events Jul 22, 2022
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues I'm being disconnected while everybody enjoys MP Nov 9, 2021
    ACC General Discussions How do I accept that I'm crap? Nov 5, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer This just happened to me in a race today and I'm mad. (Revenge crashed for no reason) Jan 28, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer CP connecting to EU region when I'm in US Dec 25, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Why I'm faster in hotlap mod than practice one? Nov 28, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions This week - I'm wasting my life away on 24hr endurance (offline) Nov 11, 2020
    ACC Physics I'm improving race setup, BUT drives poor with 10 ltrs? Nov 3, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Changing rims = hey I'm acc I will play the lottery for the ffb settings for individual rims Oct 7, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Great - I'm at the start line and it's raining. Now what? Apr 4, 2020
    ACC General Discussions I'm newbie Feb 7, 2020
    ACC General Discussions I'm dreaming of a CP christmas Dec 9, 2019
    Chit Chat Room I'm getting slow! Nov 24, 2019
    ACC General Discussions I'm looking for the #43 Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO in Update 1.1 Oct 24, 2019

3. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Good decision for this moment I think, I'm of the same mind. I'm not letting them off the hook quite as easily though - problems need to be pointed out.

If only this had been released in the Xbox One preview program all would have been fine, they'd be gaining fans for the physics not losing them for the missing features.

esox71 likes this.
  4. Squeak_D

Squeak_D Rookie

I don't really take much issue with missing features at the moment because they're not affecting "game performance/stability". The FPS issue is a big one IMO. It wouldn't be so bad if the frame hits weren't this extreme. There are times where it's like the game actually hit 60fps, then does a direct drop from from 60 to 20, then stutters all over the places, then snaps back. That really messes with your eyes.

I don't think they'll ever hit that consistent goal of 60 (which I'm fine with)..., but the erratic rate drops currently renders the game unplayable for me. I can get several laps in.., and then I have to quit.

If Kunos sticks to it, and doesn't wash their hands of the console too early (like Simbin did with Race Pro)..., I think Assetto Corsa will easily be on top of the competition.

5. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

I would prefer to see a locked 30fps and an unlocked option for those that don't care. While 60 is better, I would chose locked stable 30 over jumpy 30-60.

Squeak_D likes this.
  6. This might be a crazy question have you tried a hard reset on your console ? With the Xbox one it can solve a ton of issues.

30fps is no good for a sim racer it's fine for an arcade racer but for a sim it's no good. With some help from the platform holders they should be able to lock down that frame rate. It's just a case of more optimisation required to get the best out of each console

7. oscarolim

oscarolim Gamer

Neither is a jumpy frame rate. So I'm choosing the lesser of two evils.

8. Squeak_D

Squeak_D Rookie

UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  9. easiest solution is to lower the resolution on both platforms for a steady 60fps. most on console wouldnt want that though as this gen is all about resolution

10. Exup

Exup Gamer

Hi guys.

I'm guessing that I'm (ufff...) not alone on this one... :)

Yes, the game on some consoles is unplayable (and I'm being kind with the word).

I reached some conclusions (and I hope the developers look into this):

- Some XBOX's have serious fps problems on THIS game (yes, it doesn't happen in other games, so it's not THE console problem).
    - Other players are running the game "great" (with some FPS's drop and the excess of tearing)
    - In my case I have the console in Preview release (and since the game has launched, 2 updates from Microsoft have been loaded and didn't improve anything) and I can accept some part of the problem being here.
    - I made the RESET and the problem continues
    - I see some videos on youtube (60fps) and it's clear the game is not running equally on all consoles
    - On my other XBOX S the game runs MUCH better (ok..the GPU of the Slim model is a bit better, but It's not the only reason for the huge improvement)

I read the developers are trying to improve the FPS on the multiplayer... OK...it's fine...but about the offline?
    I can't even do hotlaps alone in any circuit...it's really that bad. (I have no problems in other car games, like PCars which was really bad on this matter too)

I'm not demanding the money back or something like that...I just wish the developers look into this and take some measurements to improve the FPS (at least in the hot laps...which doesn't make sense to have frame drops without other cars on track).

In the meanwhile, I'm fortunate enough to have a XBOX One S to play...but what about all other persons with the same problem?

Thanks.

11. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

From [​IMG] Marco Massarutto on facebook
    tearing defeated, smoothess achieved
    #AssettoCorsa #PS4 #XB1 - new update incoming on September

Hope this helps you guys out! A bit of patience it will come.

Shifter Blister, Exup and GTHQ_koop like this.
  12. Exup

Exup Gamer

Let's hope the smoothness isn't achieved with stabilizing the frame rate on a lower value.

Let's cross our fingers.

13. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

It seams to have got really bad since the second update?
    Got so bad for me last night that I had to abandon playing it.
    Silverstone in GT3 class and also in classic F1 in the Ferrari 312. Terrible frame rate drops at Maggots / Beckets corner, which carries on all the way to the Luffield complex. Then seams to clear up on the straight.
    Have also noticed lots of audio "drop outs" if you have the engine sound set to 100%. Drop outs that are remarkably similar to the ones still present in Project Cars. I dropped mine to 95% and it appears to have fixed it.

14. Exup

Exup Gamer

Yes, I agree... the frame drops are really weird and unexpected.

For example: I would expect a big drop with many cars, on a first braking corner... but not on a back straight with no cars in vicinity (or buildings and trees for example).

15. Theobris

Theobris Racer

How are you finding the Xbox One S, I have the One 1TB version, but after downloading Horizon 3 I only have about 5GB left, I need more space, plus I like the portability of the One S so I can move it from room to room easier and it will fit into my desk easier, I have the wheel in one room and controller in the lounge room so I can just relax on the couch.
    Would you say its a bit quicker or pretty much the same.

16. Exup

Exup Gamer

So far I'm pretty happy with the Xbox One S (except the color :-D ).
    Indeed it's a way lot smaller (and the power brick is inside the console), maybe a bit more audible when running.

The games I play is Project Cars --> Indeed suffer Much less of Frame rate drops in rainy races with several cars (you could notice the difference. it's very clear)
    Regarding Assetto Corsa --> In my case (the game was unplayable with probably 20fps average before) the game is starting to be "acceptable". Still suffer from frame drops (badly) but it's a big difference from before. I'm guessing with the patches will be better.

If you can make the upgrade, go for it!!
    Please bear in mind the new console doesn't have the Kinnect Port. You must request an adapter to Microsoft (free of charge) and give them the serial numbers of the kinnect and the old Xbox one.

17. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I seen somewhere on net, might have been eurogamer with Assetto running. The one s was getting on average about 4 to 6 fps more than the Xbox one. Not really enough to warrant trading it in, unless you got a 4K tv then it might be worth it.

18. Theobris

Theobris Racer

For me its mostly the size that matters but a few extra fps is also a bonus as is the extra 1tb, I dont use the kinnect and I'll sit on the sideline for a while with AC on the console.

19. Theobris

Theobris Racer

Why in earth would you want lower resolution in this day and age, its got nothing to do with this gen, all gen should want good resolution. I did a little bit of programming on the Commodore 64, my first game was a racing game of sorts, a white dot in the middle of the screen with two red and white lines moving to make it look like the dot was moving, thank god I've moved up since then, nobody should tolerate jaggies.

20. Exup

Exup Gamer

You may see the difference of the Xbox One S here at this video from Digital Foundry:

On PCars is a big difference.
    Also in Assetto Corsa there is a difference.

21. its the easiest way to improve framerate. i prefer framerate over resolution any day of the week. its nice to have both fps and resolution but if one needs to be sacrificed it should be resolution.

its that very reason both assetto corsa and project cars run at 900p on xbox to try to hit 60fps

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016