1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Immersion! immersion! immersion!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Poguinhas, May 30, 2015.

1. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Well, I really didn't wanna create this thread in the first place because it just seems redundant, but in the end I had to unburden myself:

The reason I bought Assetto Corsa just after I got my first steering wheel and started 'simracing' for real is because of the physics, some time ago I've seen a guy from Kunos saying they'll take no shortcuts to make this the most realistic racing game there is physics wise, and I really can't disagree with that, that effort is clear when you play it: you buy the game, open it, choose a car and a track, do some hot lapping and it feels like you're doing it for real.

But then the excitement of hot lapping fades a little bit, and you start looking for something else, but there really isn't anything else to it. The career modes are just hot laps or races of few laps, the track always seems to be abandoned for decades, there's no crowd noise, no pit crew, no pit stops (on single player), the colours seem too unrealisticly bright, the AI is crap and just drives along the track like you're not there (it's a little bit better lately, but far from ideal), no multi grooving on the track, and the quality and realism of the tracks is astonishing, but there's no more than 10 of them unless you go for mods, which there really aren't many of quality to this day, amongst many other details that just kill the mood when you try to take this game seriously.

I don't really know if the developers read these suggestions. The fact that the suggestions topic is in the 'chit chat room' tells me a lot. Don't get me wrong: I'm a big fan of the game and really want it to be the best there is, but I believe that even before they try to push another "Dream Pack" to the public, they should adress these issues.

What good is it having the most realistic cars and tracks when after a month you're gonna be bored to death because you can't put it to good use?

Last edited: May 30, 2015

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Going in the Pits gives me a "back in my room" immersion Nov 17, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Jetseat: immersion upgrade for AC Oct 18, 2017
    Suggestions Little details for more immersion Apr 6, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Adding a motion seat for more immersion Oct 31, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues cockpit view really slow, no immersion Sep 11, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Open wheel tyre shaders breaks immersion Aug 28, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Maserati Levante internal sound. Just a suggestion for better immersion? Jul 15, 2016
    Suggestions My wish list for more immersion May 25, 2015
    Screens & Videos Project immersion at the races with assetto corsa Aug 30, 2014
    Chit Chat Room improve immersion Jun 18, 2014
    Suggestions A couple of immersion sudgestions Jan 14, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Immersion breaking parts of tracks (for me) Jan 12, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Tracks - Sense of immersion Nov 16, 2013

3. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

I agree with most of your points but still there is a way to breathe new life into your game: racing online. :)

Tucker73, martcerv, liakjim and 3 others like this.
  4. TDS

TDS Alien

join a league and do the fun runs :) you will not regret! check out aloog.net every wednesday and sundays theres fun runs. A new league on sundays in some months.

esox71 and Poguinhas like this.
  5. da1507

da1507 Simracer

I agree with you at most of your points while it's still impossible to say this game is bad. I tried most of sim racing games and AC is a few steps ahead in my opinion.
    Bringing a paid DLC without solving a lot of problems, it was weird.. AI, multiplayer, living world (dull circuits)... And still there is no time limited race option like gt open... Yeah, graphics are nice but I have to change PP filter (using mostly modders pp filters) often..

TDS likes this.
  6. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Agreed.
    I get their point of making the game "very moddable", because it would be impossible to them to make the amound of content that a whole modding community can, but the base content is still their responsability. You can't make a game that relies on mods for every little aspect like the pp philters, otherwise you'll spend more time downloading mods than playing the game.

That was my intention from the beggining, but considering my skill level, joining a league would just make everybody want to kill me. So I'd like to practice some more offline, which is difficult because the AI is useless and hotlapping an empty track is boring.
    I'm thinking I'll just get GSCE until AC is actually 'playable', if it ever comes to that point.

7. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

I agree with you mate, same story here. I bought a good wheel just for assetto corsa (when young I used a plastic toy wheel for simracing...fact is that I was more faster before than now...how strange), and I feel the game the same way of you. GSCE is a good game to learn driving, I bought it too and started kart career just to learn driving again...

8. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

@Poguinhas - Most leagues have drivers of very different levels. You do not need to be an ace to enjoy a good race, but rather other drivers of roughly the same level racing fair.

9. You don't have to join a league to race online. I wouldn't worry about whether you are good enough or not. If you can keep your car on track for multiple laps, then you're already better than 50% of the online field ;)

10. Kevin Knorpp

Kevin Knorpp Racer

Unless you are reading this forum in Braille you will be fine online so you won't be a problem yet you won't see any good racing either. Kinda a double edge sword. Everyone sucks so you won't be a problem but then everyone sucks.

jc1993 likes this.