1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

improve immersion

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by TheBoss, Jun 18, 2014.

1. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

AC needs a camera moves like this. Immersion is much higher.
    The senación speed is much higher, in AC it feels slow.

With AC and graphic quality of these camera movements immersion would be very good.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster improvements on playstation 5 Mar 21, 2022
    ACC User Interface [SUGGESTION] HUD Improvement - split HUD element Jun 20, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer A Report Option would really improve the open lobby experience Apr 15, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality new mirror settings improve VR experience a lot Feb 22, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Skinning Improvement - Number Table Nov 18, 2020
    ACC Blog ACC v1.6 Improved simulation of downforce at yaw angles Nov 18, 2020
    ACC Blog ACC V1.6 improved tyre model and DHE 2020 compound! Nov 18, 2020
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 202 – Raging Bull II – Have you improved? Nov 14, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No HDR - How else to improve colours and lighting? Nov 4, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Tips to improve my lap time Oct 2, 2020
    General modding discussion Improve cars Sep 26, 2020
    XBox One Discussions Competizione graphic and steering wheel improvement? Sep 12, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer SUGGESTION: Race Direction Improvements Jul 27, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Gameplay Suggestion - List of potential improvement on ACC Quality of life Jul 18, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ratings Guide & How To Improve Each Rating Jul 1, 2020

3. Turk

Turk Alien

You can change the head movement settings in the graphics options. I don't really go near it. While you do have head movement like this in real life your head and eyes are great at countering those movements so you have a stabilized view. I think when they're put in artificially it just get's in the way and your brain has no way of stabilizing the image. The only way I'd really accept these kind of movements is if they are being generated by the sim rig.

4. demonized

demonized Simracer

Have you tried some mods like Real head Motion? And as said above, in video it looks like helmet cam because of too much shaking, nor real eyes

5. Tmanning47

Tmanning47 Simracer

Oculus Rift + High FOV. Problem solved.

Shrubbo likes this.
  6. TCLF

TCLF Alien

I already get sick watching that video ugh

7. Stowell

Stowell Rookie

Don't want travel sickness playing a video game. ta.

iVG likes this.
  8. SimonTek

SimonTek Simracer

to improve the feeling i think just 3 things needed,
    - a little bit more fps to increase the feeling of speed
    - helmet visor
    - legs movements

9. alex72

alex72 Alien

I like the effects in the video (little too shaky, but head movement and some shakes is nice), although it should have sliders from nothing to "that in the video" so everyone get their right comfortable level. It does indeed raise tension/immersion, but at my age i would probably as well puke after a while. I wouldnt mind somewhere in between though.

RHM mod is awesome even though it has its limitations with being a bit "stuttery" when you turn fast. I dont think you can do much about that though. However its very very good. And you can set shakes as well. Would be nice if it was implemented in the sim though so no extra (programs) is needed.

But OP, get Real Head Motion and you will have almost the same as in the video.

10. plaid

plaid Alien

Yeah take the real head motion mod!

I really hated that about Assetto Corsa, so the camera fixed to the cockpit. G-forces make it more lively, but still.
    Its not realistic and especially not immersive + I got a head (or eye-)ache after a while cause the shaking environment. Especially on the nordschleife and Joux Plane.
    Camera locked to horizon isnt good either.
    I wouldnt play it without the mod anymore.

You can adjust how much the camera is fixed to the car/how much the bumps effect your view and the environment doesnt shake.
    Same goes for rolling, so the world and eyes arent turning just your body in the car.
    +you can let you look into the direction you are steering, again everything is adjustable.

Some got a opposite opinion, but I wouldnt play the game in that way anymore.

11. Steve32

Steve32 Simracer

SimonTek likes this.
  12. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

I know it isn't the same but when I go karting with friends (and it's quite a bumpy track) then I'm not experiencing such a head movement. As said above, my eyes stay "balanced". And to get more sense of speed, use the FOV changer in-game.

Kristaps likes this.
  13. My head now hurts and I only watched a few seconds of that video...I have no idea why anybody that has ever driven any type of vehicle would think that was in any kind of way realistic, but as has been mentioned in previous posts, there are a couple different ways to accomplish something quite similar.

14. Darkkis

Darkkis Racer

Only way this could work would be with Oculus Rift.

15. Racing_34

Racing_34 Simracer

as you can see there's a lot of shaking, but i think our brain filters a lot all those movemens.. well at least after a while you get used to car's performance..

Martyn likes this.
  16. Darkkis

Darkkis Racer

It's different experiencing the shake as a driver compared to as a passenger. In a video game it's more of a case being passenger, unless you use VR like oculus, and even then you miss the G forces.

17. Kristaps likes this.
  18. Horus

Horus Alien

Immersion = Oculus Rift(1080p minimum). :D

19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

20. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

cerebus23 likes this.