1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

Improved Assetto Corsa Competizione VR visuals FIX!

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Jeremy Ford, Dec 8, 2018 at 1:11 PM.

Tags:
  1. Jeremy Ford

Jeremy Ford Rookie

I have this video to improve the VR visuals. It works very well.

f_deutsch and After_Midnight like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Suggestions Improved Open World Support Nov 2, 2017
    Suggestions Improved sound? As DLC perhaps? Jul 9, 2017
    Bug reports Xbox background apps causing framerate issues - can this be improved? Dec 9, 2016
    Console Lounge Stealth update: Black smoke clouds gone, skybox improved. Nov 29, 2016
    XBox One Discussions Best Track Settngs For Improved Performance..? Sep 3, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Improved AI at race starts Jul 21, 2016
    Chit Chat Room - Improved AI fuel handling May 18, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Improved lap times not recorded Nov 20, 2014
    Suggestions Improved server browser. Oct 19, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Has ffb been improved in 1.0 rc? Oct 16, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Early response to improved shadows. Jul 19, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues [tutorial] improved mouse steering using glovepie Jun 30, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Physics/FFB Feel Improved since update! Jun 6, 2014
    Screens & Videos Had quite a nice race showcasing how the AI has improved Apr 5, 2014
    General modding discussion Improved graphics settings Dec 26, 2013

3. NinjaMark15

NinjaMark15 Gamer

I appreciate this video a great deal. A lot is changing and recommendations seem to be changing weekly as people explore all the option under the VR hood. I tried a lot of other recommendations, but this one just works for me. Big thanks!

4. Jeremy Ford

Jeremy Ford Rookie

You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback, it's good to know this one is working well for you. There are some quite elaborate versions of these tweaks to improve ACC out there, I've settled for something as simple as possible just trying key into the essentials.

5. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Which CPU and GPU do you have ?

Everything is almost set on "low", I don't really understand de point to play in this condition, the main goal of using UE 4 was to have a better visual. But with low settings, it's ugly (and a little too sharp for me). Even Assetto Corsa 1 have better graphic than low setting (more clean visual), so... But thx !

Need to improve the performance in VR. Is not good right now.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 7:03 PM
    Loren Thomas likes this.
  6. Jeremy Ford

Jeremy Ford Rookie

I'm running a GTX 1080ti, I7-8700k. Assetto Corsa (1) is better looking in VR for sure and higher framerates too. Right now it's just trying to manage the best we can in Assetto Corsa Competizione, and hopefully, Kunos can improve things in the future so we don't need to resort to things like this permanently.

7. Echo_29

Echo_29 Racer

I'd agree performance in VR is not the best, but with the Engine.ini files it is definatly playable, with 45fps it runs smoother than other sims which is strange, but still not ideal as 90fps is the best, for now its fine lets just let Kunos work their magic I'm sure it will come good. :)

Jeremy Ford likes this.
  8. Echo_29

Echo_29 Racer

Sorry double post - but can confirm these settings in the video in the op is the best I have come across so far, everything looks very sharp and clear. :D

9. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Maybe but it is ugly :(. With a 2080ti, make so much sacrifices.. (in my case)
    After all, thx Jeremy Ford.

What is the difference between "resolution scale" and "pixel VR density" ?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018 at 12:23 AM
  10. Jeremy Ford

Jeremy Ford Rookie

Technically it's doing the same thing, but VR Pixel density is specifically for VR. Resolution Scale is for monitors. Which is why using Resolution Scale in VR gives a pretty poor looking super-sampling result.

11. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Ok ! thank you.
    Have you added this line on the "engine.ini":

Because on the video you have posted, it's very sharp (sharpen effect) ??

12. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

With your settings I can get the 90fps almost all the time (in "quick race" with 20 opponents). But I dont' like the visual (it's very clean but we loose a lot of bling bling stuffs).

I just put this line finally in the ".ini" file:
    VR Pixel density seems better than resolution scale like you said. Very clean image with this line+ VR Pixel density on 140, and TAA on EPIC.

13. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

I'm very interresting to know if somebody with a i9 9000k and a RTX 2080ti could have 90 fps with my setting ?

ps: Sharpeness is set at 300 % but this has no effect on the image in VR ?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018 at 5:09 PM
  14. luxxx797

luxxx797 Racer

in which condition? Race, hot lap, rain, night?

15. I have exactly these settings except that VR pixel density is set at 180 for multiplayer or solo/170 for single race with an i7 4790k 4.8ghz and a gtx 1080ti.
    I manage to have around 45fps or little more, but as I use ASW and that is very working well (no arctefract), I can't see any difference between ASW 45fps and 90 fps and I use original engine.ini.
    So I guess that with better hardware it can be better but to reach 90fps, I doubt, but as the ASW is very efficient with such hardware, no needs to reach the 90fps, everything above 45fps will be enough.

16. John Caetano

John Caetano Gamer

Are there others not impacted by the VR gadget bug where the menus hide behind the car parts (roll cage)?? I am still affected by this bug and in this video his are not...

mikendrix likes this.
  17. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Me ? For the low settings posted by Jeremy Ford ?
    In day and night with 20 opponents, Paul Ricard: 90fps almost solid.

Could you try my setting to see if you can reach 90fps ?
    [​IMG]
    Pixel density is set to 140 (I have launched the game without VR for the picture).

I have a better hardware (see my signature) and sadly, I can get the 90 fps with the hight settings just above. I have 45/50 fps, sometimes I have 68/70 (very, very briefly).
    Maybe, we need to wait the final release and official drivers.

I have discovered this issue today ! :)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018 at 7:42 PM
  18. luxxx797

luxxx797 Racer

yes, i was referring to your settings

not a 9900K but......i've set SS 140%, all epic but shadows(high), mirrors(medium) and sharpness 100% so higher than yours

night, heavy rain with 20 AI: avg 66fps, 45 when in the middle and 90 solo(drops in some turns)
    day, dry, 20 AI: 45fps in the middle of the group then 90fps for the most, some drops when within 3/4 cars
    MP, day, dry, 15 players: 90fps for the most, some drops to 45 but less than in SP

19. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

Thanks for your feedback !! Interesting.
    Which track ? Paul Ricard ? (just to be sure)

EDIT: If someone, with a i7 8700k or a i9 9000k (=RTX 2080ti) want to share a video with fps (with my settings or higher), be my guest !

...I don't know if I have to change my proc for a i9 9000k... %°!*... Maybe, I have to wait (AMD, build 5, 6, final release)...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018 at 9:13 PM
  20. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I don't that issue.

21. luxxx797

luxxx797 Racer

Nurburgring
    not confirmed by test but i have the impression that PR is less demanding