1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Improvements in old cars?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by TheBoss, Dec 23, 2016.

1. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

A year ago it was said that they were going to remodel all the sounds again, currently I believe that only one or two exterior sounds have been improved, to this day it becomes very difficult to drive these cars with very poor sounds. Has the work been suspended in this asspect? They are also outdated graphically, there are significant differences between the new and old.

Small example
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Will it try to eliminate the differences between old and new content?

Thank you.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Thrustmaster improvements on playstation 5 Mar 21, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer SUGGESTION: Race Direction Improvements Jul 27, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer [Suggestion] Server Browser & Advanced Filter Improvements May 18, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Spectator mode improvements (limited pit wall members) Feb 7, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Pc display connections and performance improvements. Dec 1, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Career Pit Stop Improvements Oct 23, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Does ACC uses SPS? (VR improvements of by 40-50%) Oct 22, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Additions/Improvements to the game Aug 18, 2019
    ACC User Interface Some UI improvements Jun 1, 2019
    ACC User Interface Improvements in setups management Mar 14, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Future improvements on Level of Effort to Hardware for Running this game! Nov 15, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Htc Vive Pro Owners for sharing settings and improvements Apr 19, 2018
    Suggestions General improvements suggestions Oct 12, 2017
    Suggestions TV camera improvements Jun 14, 2017
    Console Lounge Patch 1.10 is live! Impressions, improvements, bugs... Dec 9, 2016

3. Source?

4. I've also read something, but of course still wip. And not officially announced. ^^ Let's hope.

5. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

I remember perfectly that it was published by the developers that all the sounds would be remodeled, I will try to find it if necessary.

Michele Papis likes this.
  6. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

I wish the tire models were updated on the older cars. Some of them are still on 7 or 8?

7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I definitely think that some of the older cars deserve another look in terms of visuals. Doubt that'll happen though.

And I don't think they mentioned actually redoing all the sounds, which would probably involve doing all the recordings again with their newer sound capture hardware. I suppose just like the E92 M3 a few patches ago they do it whenever they get the opportunity/hands on a car and have time.

Aris is working on it. Through the holidays...

mms and Radiantm3 like this.
  8. Funny how only a few short months ago we were all begging for our favorite car to get a set of v7 tires. Now we want nothing to do with those cars and are all like:
    [​IMG]

:D:D:D

Radiantm3 likes this.
  9. WallyM

WallyM Alien

The more cars you have in the game, the harder and harder it will become to keep them all up to date. I think you can expect some of the cars to always be behind.

10. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

R&D
    As you may know, since 2009, our R&D Studio has been located inside the racing circuit of Vallelunga, near Rome. The location is a key to our development work, allowing our company to meet and cooperate directly with teams, professional drivers and racing engineers. Now that Assetto Corsa is a highly popular simulation, teams prove to be even more cooperative when they come to “our” racing track, offering their support and allowing us to collect data, and make videos and recordings. On our side, we still want to improve our knowledge and technology in any aspect of the simulation, and this approach involves all areas, including the sound environment: thanks to the kind cooperation of Akrapovic, during 2015 we have worked to improve our sound recording process involving the use of new techniques of recording and advanced technologies. All new cars produced during 2015 took advantage of this improvement, and we also have plans to reprocess the cars that had been released earlier.

December 31, 2015

11. AmorFati

AmorFati Hardcore Simmer

Is not the same as:
    Would be nice to get an sound update tho, that for sure.

12. We also had a major, global, sound update since that statement was made, which means that plans might have changed. Doesn't hurt to hope though.

13. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

I think there are other kunos words where this is said, but it's very difficult to find. Possibly this in interviews which makes it very complicated.

I hope they spend time balancing the content, it's a shame to leave them outdated, many of the new models are very immersive.

We'll wait and see what the kunos guys say about development in 2017, let's cross our fingers.

[​IMG]

14. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hate to be a downer but it is highly unlikely (i.e. will not happen) that the visuals of old cars will be revisited. If we were a service, it'd make sense but not how AC is. Yes, we're doing our best to give you better-looking cars but the downside of that is that old content will start to look somewhat aged in comparison, especially that requirements were waay lower 5-6 years ago, when some of those models were originally made.

In all fairness, there was a visual revamp of most vehicle content (displays, pit lights, shaders) last year and nevertheless sounds and physics have been kept on being continuously improved and updated.
    The visuals were kept being worked on for more than three years but with so many cars in the game and so many coming still, it'd be a shot in the foot to keep everything open.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Understandable, I imagine it'd be a nightmare. Would be it be possible to update the textures of instruments and digital displays on some older cars though? Some have noticeable compression, colour artefacts. Edit: maybe scratch that. As I wrote that I was just checking some of the older BMWs I remembered having that issue the most but I don't see anything now. Maybe it got fixed already, sorry!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  16. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

I would ask the same thing, in general I think AC has good textures in its cars from the beginning, the textures of the example (BMW 1M) I find very good in general, but the instrument panel and the screen spoil the rest.

For me the state of sounds is more important, Is there any hope in this matter?