1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Info hardware Home Server

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mbraun77, Nov 28, 2016.

1. mbraun77

mbraun77 Gamer

Hello guys, I am writing to ask you information about the hardware required to host at home instances Assetto Corsa.
    I recently had the fortuana the fiber with Upload to 20Mb, I have the possibility to have the HP server machines that will be disposed by a company, the problem that not knowing what actually AC Server requires as hardware (CPU and RAM), the my idea was to have a host (with IP 1) and inside the various AC Server sessions.
    Example Server Machine: DELL PowerEdge R710 2x Quad Core Xeon L5630 48GB DDR3 RAM
    This is a car that I might have, but I would not buy a car that is not equal to host the various AC Server sessions.
    Thank you all for your time.
    Hello Max

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Missing information in ACC Server Admin Handbook Version 1.10.0 Apr 3, 2024
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes info for car position in map Mar 12, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer dedicated server cant set driver info "black background" Sep 24, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Info for add Post Race Penalties Sep 30, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting It Closes when in track (Detailed info, pls help) Aug 3, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds It Closes when in track (Detailed info, pls help) Aug 3, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer How to hide this se3ssion info widget in ACC Broadcasting Mode? Jul 17, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Wrong rating information Jun 30, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Wrong pit stop information in GT4 May 25, 2022
    ACC User Interface Lack of in game information is off putting May 23, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New patch update info (May 12th) May 12, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Server API info about collisions Feb 15, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Suggestion: circuit map for rating info Dec 22, 2021
    ACC User Interface Weather informations Dec 17, 2021
    ACC User Interface Paul Ricard Track Info Issues Nov 15, 2021

3. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hello,

With the hardware mentioned above you will be able to run multiple servers without issues as long as your network connection is stable and constant.

Regards
    -Kevin

4. Jaye

Jaye Alien

20mbit for multiple servers? As far as I remember a 24 slot server with 20hz setting needed up to 9mbit, but this was few months back... Today I'm also a happy rackservice customer ;) And I will never be a friend of home hosted servers, it will never has got the same quality and performance of a good datacenter connection.

Other point on this topic:
    The machine mentioned above needs 65watt in idle, that makes around 10€ energy costs per month for a normal private consumer and this is only when nothing is running on it...

Rent a virtual server of a good company and you can get perfect AC hosting with around 3 to 5 bucks per AC server (only one per core, so no cars jumping even when all servers are full used). Or for a few bucks more you get very good AC servers e.g. from rackservice without the stress for updates or struggling with plugins like sTracker or MR.

kevin.maatman and schmron like this.
  5. mbraun77

mbraun77 Gamer

Hello jave, I state one thing, I've already 4 Rackservice server, the server that I'm going to create as Home Server, will be created to host the Ac sessions for smaller events and to ensure that our users can test cars, tracks and mods without any restrictions, as regards the costs, I'm lucky to have my own business under the house so I have no problems with excessive consumption.
    For the speech of managing App as Stracker etc .. ch once you know how it works it is not a big deal.
    Thank you

Jaye likes this.
  6. Jaye

Jaye Alien

It also wasn't some kind of advertising, when you know what you are doing that's absolutely fine ;)

The more technical answer:
    Your hardware should easily host eight 24 slots AC servers (one per core is the rule I follow to avoid hickups when all servers are full, nothing is more annoying when player cars starts jumping while close racing). RAM doesn't matter...
    20mbit should be able to provide 48 used AC slots at 20Hz settings, so you would need to reduce this to provide multiple servers. But I've only have got experiences with 18 to 20Hz, don't know where the spot is where people really would see the not so good data rate... 10Hz should reduce the needed bandwith by half, but no idea how that feels ^^

7. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

If you do indeed plan to run multiple servers at full slots (used) you will need more than 20 Mbit upload. If you want to run multiple servers but only (one or two of them are crowded at the same time) your bandwidth will fulfill your needs.

-Kevin