1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Interesting article with formula renault 2.0 driver severin austerschmidt

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michael Hornbuckle, May 6, 2015.

1. Opinions are probably mixed on most of the articles on this site, but here is a pretty amazing interview with a guy that is a real life racer as well as a sim racing enthusiast.

http://pretendracecars.com/

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Interesting Article - Fake Engine Noise Jun 14, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Interesting article : how top-tier race cars compare Aug 13, 2015
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room EASTERNS Racers | Our goal is to provide clean, interesting single races and events. Feb 28, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Interesting plan from Porsche using Assetto Corsa Feb 11, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Interesting find about AI strength in championship mode Oct 31, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Spinning -- Interesting Problem Possibly Resolved Jul 1, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Interesting new series on youtube Feb 20, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Interesting tidbits on Cobra 427 Jan 26, 2018
    Screens & Videos This is interesting Oct 16, 2017
    XBox One Discussions Interesting reflection. Jun 20, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Interesting PC update (plus DLC) due May 18th May 13, 2017
    Chit Chat Room I guess implementing of vive VR should be more interesting than i expected.. Mar 2, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Controller settings INTERESTING !!!!! Feb 17, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Interesting new fantasy track for AC (Toscana) Nov 10, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Some interesting stats on current VR state Sep 7, 2016

3. Bill Wiskins

Bill Wiskins Hardcore Simmer

It was an interesting read for sure. Nice that the guy was positive about AC, of course, but the main thing that sticks with me from that article was the 'fast-but-not-wealthy-enough' stuff. It's a real shame that real, actual motorsport is so prohibitively expensive, and that even when you have what seems to be proven talent, your opportunity to race can be taken away on the whim of a sponsor. Makes me sad.

4. yusupov

yusupov Alien

good article & interview, nice to see opinions from a guy who not only has RL experience but a good amount of sim experience as well. only thing i missed was seeing his opinion of rf2, but maybe thats one that he hasnt tried yet.

5. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

paid PR , as always the case with race drivers talking about sims, .. is it not?

6. He liked both AC and Game Stock Car and did the interview with a third party site that is actually simply a blog run by a couple guys in their spare time....who do you think paid him @Patrik Marek

Or are you implying that this is the same situation as Rene Rast receiving thousands of dollars worth of Fanatic gear and then proceeding to release professional quality vids of exclusively pcars. (and we will ignore the fact that he became a pcars member years after mere simracers were shut out)

Yeah, totally the same thing.

As an aside, when you tell everybody how awesome of a sim pcars is, the fact that you have content in the game and that you stand to gain financially if it sells well doesn't play into your opinion at all either, huh?

3316V, Mogster, liakjim and 3 others like this.
  7. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

exactly, it's all conspiracy. I don't trust anyone but me

don't understand this point, .. how would I benefit from this ??? how would pCARS being best sim in the world give me any benefits to that I have content it it ?

btw. nobody have to belive me what I think about pCars, it doesn't really matter because it's my own oppinion and it's important to me only,

and this is exactly what I hate about your conspirations, so just because he has fanatec gear, it automatically means that it was given to him by SMS... what can I say ?

Vítor Sousa likes this.
  8. yusupov

yusupov Alien

the point is, he plays other sims. rast, if he is sincere, doesnt. or doesnt think anything of them, which, again, why should i care what he says about sims if he doesnt have any knowledge of anything outside of pCARS?

i have no idea how you can think this is paid PR, & i think its highly ironic for you to say that & then accuse MH of seeing things that arent there...this was paid for by whom? to whom? for what purpose? can you answer all 3 of those in a way thats even conceivable? or is it more conceivable that, of the sims he's tried, he actually believes AC is closest to getting it right?

meanwhile the "kooky conspiracy theory" about rast could also be called "not being naive".

Jebus and Horus like this.
  9. yusupov

yusupov Alien

also regarding rast, i personally think the fanatec stuff was given to him by fanatec, but thats not really the point. as you say yourself, all current sims have various strengths & weaknesses. the driver interviewed by PRC seems to agree with that, & that makes his opinion interesting to me. rast, meanwhile, i dont care what his opinion is. if he's not selling, he's ignorant.

that sounds really spiteful, its nothing against the guy, just something thats deduceable based on his videos & comments. its not his job to be informed about sims, so its not meant as an insult, just something for his viewers to be aware of.

wedge_one, Horus and Patrik Marek like this.
  10. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

Conspiracy/ paid PR
    It wasn't meant serious, but I guess It wasn't clear

And about Rene

Well it's kinda hard for him to use AC for his "training" when it doesn't have

Night
    Wheather ( including changes in temperature)
    Lmp1 cars
    LeMans circuit
    Brake heat

Etc

11. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

Paid PR makes sense if the said driver is famous , so yeah. Very unlikely

yusupov likes this.
  12. Stereo

Stereo Alien

You could just ask @JamesYZN, he reads this forum

13. JamesYZN

JamesYZN Racer

Definitely not paid PR. Sev's my teammate in a Stock Car Extreme league. The article today was the result of us bored on Teamspeak, as is the case with practically every post on PRC.

St3fan likes this.
  14. Horus

Horus Alien

Ooow! I hope we get some etc in ac asap. LOL

P.S. You could add none realistic physics, very nice eye candy, really easy to enjoy with a gamepad as a wheel dilutes the experience. :p
    P.P.S. I am not a fan of PCars, but will end up with it in my collection, when on offer at >50% discount.

15. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

PR or not the article was very interesting to read.
    And I especially like the part where he discusses braking technique. I have a friend who always uses that to beat me. And he likes games with cars (I mean he really want to be fast at them) so he is faster then me 90% of the time. :( And usually he is very pleased when he uses such things to beat me. Oh well ... Whatever.
    And all was well in the article before the part where at the end he mentioned some F1 names like Ayrton Senna and the like, being sportsmen. Well they are NOT! All of the mentioned DON'T respect other racers, that's why they became so famous in the first place! And that's why they have so many wins. They are winners sure, proven winners and I admire their passion to win. But I wouldn't even bother discuss their selfish driving mentality.
    Anyway ... If I'm being lapped I'm pissed more to myself for being in that position, so usually I move out of the driving line and slow down. So I guess even if dead last I win some points for sportsmanship.

The article is worth reading!

[RRRV] JuggernAlz likes this.
  16. Throttle braking isn`t required to be fast in simracing tho... I mean, if I can hang it out (wait...) with some of the best in the world only using my right foot.... :D

17. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

I know. It's just good that some1 is confirming my suspicions about RL vs Virtual.

18. Well, definitely when sims start properly modelling brakes some people are gonna struggle for a while. It's one of the first thing instructors tell young drivers in Karting, "Don't overlap the brake and throttle !" :p

Mogster and McNappa like this.
  19. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Indeed. It makes me sick really that at the top of the sport (F1) its dripping in billions of dollars, yet at the bottom people can't afford to race. Mind you, real life society isn't all that much different.

20. Quffy

Quffy Alien

"My only complaint, however, is the weird temperature behavior of some of the tires. They seem to cool down super fast on the straights, and then gain all the temperature back in one corner. It’s as if the sim only calculates surface temperature and not core temperature. Maybe I’m wrong though."

AC uses core temperatures not surface. And there isn't brake temperature simulated yet, I imagine that after a corner where you used the brakes, the tyre temperature would cool down less on the straights because it had a source of heat (brakes) next to the wheel. So in AC the tyres will cool down faster in a straight line, at least for the front tyres. But Idk well how much difference there is with temperature on the straights between AC and other sims or real life.

There's also brake pressure not simulated in AC, can that also be a good factor to close up on reality in terms of brake feeling?

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  21. ouvert

ouvert Alien

thanx for sharing