1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Interesting PC update (plus DLC) due May 18th

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Strummer, May 13, 2017.

1. but it's not a specific situation that is easy to reproduce and confirm fixed with a binary state: works or does not work. In case of starting sequences it depends on the car, position, level, track and, especially aggression value.

I can already envision the "what's your aggression level?" quickly becoming one of the FAQ on the forum, I can literally see the posts of people lamenting of AI accidents and replying "I have 100% aggression".. at that point, you can go on and post my meme with facepalm.. add a big block letters WTF over it too :D

2. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I'll be disappointed if the highest aggression setting isn't called "Maldonado aggression".

AmorFati, mistery and Kopiller like this.
  3. TDS

TDS Alien

ROFL

4. Baikal

Baikal Simracer

Good update ) Hope that wind algorithm will work fine in MP sessions or can be disabled via server options )

5. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

So this is the car list?

• Audi R8 LMS 2016
    • Audi R18 e-tron quattro
    • Audi TT Cup 2016
    • Audi TT RS (VLN)
    • Lotus 3-Eleven
    • Maserati MC12 GT1
    • McLaren 570S
    • McLaren P1 GTR
    • Toyota Celica ST185 Turbo
    • Toyota TS040 Hybrid

Only three cars got my attention and that's why I want it. Even if there was just one special car in it I still wanted the DLC.
    -MC12(!!!) , model engine etc. I always preferred it to the Enzo...
    -P1 GTR. (other tyres off course, more downforce, I hope it's a nicer car to drive than FXXK, I like LaF better)
    -Celica, a rally icon (Kankkunen/Auriol etc) from when I was younger and just had my driver's licence:)

Cheers
    Robin

6. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

TTRS VLN, I'm not an Audi guy at all anymore (badly driving streetcars, in general imho *) though I had an S3 in the past but I'm just reading this, first sentence. WTH?:)
    http://jalopnik.com/5958856/this-is-audis-insane-front-wheel-drive-tt-rs-racecar

FWD TTRS.

I need more coffee;)

*fast/superfast isn't always fun, TTRS VLN is more than superfast vs competition, but how is it to drive one? We'll find out tomorrow....

Cheers
    Robin

sissydriver likes this.
  7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Thats exactly what i think.
    IRL i do not have the money to buy all the cars in Assetto Corsa (emm.... do I have the money for only one car??? dunno....^^) and Kunos let me drive and enjoy and i have so much fun.

I can understand if someone has his dream and wants to drive it here. But i am happy with every car they have - some i like more some less.

matz_AUT likes this.
  8. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

Only one more day to go!

Aris is just putting the finishing touches on me shiny new Massseratti:cool:

9. OoALEJOoO

OoALEJOoO Simracer

I was really hoping the next DLC would be the one with all Ferraris, the one discussed on another thread some time ago.

Still, I'm all pumped-up to drive the Celica tomorow!!

10. Linus27

Linus27 Simracer

Really looking forward to this DLC simply for the Lotus and the two Audi TT's. A new original track would be nice for sure as its been a while but I'm sure we will get one at some point, be it Laguna or another real world track.

As for the update, then very very excited about the new AI. Not long now.

11. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

looking forward to this!!!

12. Not final, subject to change:
    - New autosaved replay options and UI added to launcher main theme
    - Handicap (ballast & restrictor) options in custom championship mode
    - New Audi TT Cup
    - New Audi TT RS (VLN)
    - New Audi R8 GT3 2016
    - New Audi R18 LMP1 2014
    - New Lotus 3-Eleven (race)
    - New McLaren 570S
    - New McLaren P1 GTR
    - New Maserati MC12 GT1
    - New Toyota Celica ST185 Group A
    - Mandatory pitstop window is now related to pit entry timing (replacing old system)
    - Pitstop animation enabled with oculus or STAY_IN_CAR enabled (system/cfg/pitstop.ini)
    - Added Position set digital script
    - Added ballast and restrictor option offline for championships and multiplayer. Work in Progress for offline quick race and race weekend UI
    - Added wind algorithm
    - If controller is keyboard then Pitstop app is replaced by mouse pitstop
    - Mouse pitstop with Mouse Steering enabled is now working correctly
    - Tweaked backfire flash flames in many cars
    - Realtime app: qualify/practice colors are based on leaderboard position, race color on current position
    - Added DIGITAL_PANEL script to display current position and P2P on car's external panels (Audi TT Cup)
    - Added FUEL_PERC script to show fuel quantity as percentage (McLaren 570S)
    - Fixed broken UI interaction due to session switching when pitstop was not finished
    - Fixed rare automatic pitstop activation at car spawning in the pit
    - Fixed deadzone for gamepads
    - Fixed Tyre App thermal value for exploded tyres
    - Minimum for automatic reset tyre on track is now 2
    - Fixed flag rendering in VR with PP off (again, hopefully for real this time)
    - Fixed Achievements from unlocking when car is blackflagged
    - Pitstop app: new tyre pressure can only differ from the current one by 4psi (because of minimal height rule)
    - Added Push To Pass system (Audi TT Cup), P2P amount depends on grid position, enabled in Practice and Race sessions only
    - Added physics option for different fuel weight/density
    - Adjusted Lotus 98T tyre wear
    - Fixed old pitstop UI from allowing more fuel when setup is fixed
    - Added Black Flag description
    - Added Online time of day multiplier (x1 to x10)
    - Added track animated starting lights
    - Added blink feature to RPM SERIES script (updated all relevant cars)
    - Added acServerManager 1.14.0
    - Added Time multiplier
    - Added Wind
    - Added Restrictor (BoP)
    - Fixed BoP server message to client
    - Fixed bug on client fixed setup 2nd reloading
    - Added resolution string on splash screen
    - Added "safe mode" initialization when first DX11 init fails, it will try again with desktop resolution and AA/Fullscreen off
    - Added AI Aggression selection
    - More AI differences within a single lap to generate more battles
    - Added AI wing setup variations
    - Added new Random camera mode algorithm
    - Fixed driver model visibility bug in Random camera mode
    - Removed AI slowdown hack for cars with spool differentials
    - Improved Downshift Protection algorithm
    - Fixed AI giving away green light by flooring gas 500ms in advance
    - New AI algorithms for understeer detection and downshifting
    - Fixed Car Engineering app sometimes reporting wrong total and sprung weights
    - Added Fuel x Time on Setup Fuel tab and pitapp (optional section in car.ini [FUEL_EXT] KG_PER_LITER=value)
    - Added best splits at the end of the race on leaderboard timetable
    - Tweaked leaderboard to show player name/position even if that player has disconnected
    - Updated Steam statistic reader to synchronize steam achievement
    - Added "virtual desktops" functionality to in-game GUI (cyclable through ctrl+u key combination)
    - Fixed session synchronization issue when session switches while a new player is joining
    - AI is now using kers
    - Fixed Nissan Skyline R34 having downshift protection when it should not
    - Added "variation" slider for AI. It will randomize the AI level in the range selected.
    - Fixed Nissan GT3 texture map on lod B
    - Added player's nation flag support (not valid flag will be rendered as AC logo)
    - Added new Driver Label GUI (customizable in \system\cfg\name_displayer.ini)
    - Added nation flags on leaderboard GUI
    - Tweaked opponents list to include nationality
    - Update special events to include nationality
    - Added Mandatory Pit warning message at the start of the race
    - Added minisectors to overlay leaderboard and performance delta app, this can be disabled through [Documents]/Assetto Corsa/cfg/gameplay.ini
    - Some template updates to existing content
    - Porsche 911 RSR 2017 template added
    - Templates added for Lotus 3-Eleven, Audi TT Cup, Audi TT VLN, McLaren 570S, Mclaren P1 GTR, Toyota Celica ST185, Maserati MC12 GT1
    - Minor graphical updates on the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup and Lotus Exige V6 Cup
    - Digital display script tweaks across the board
    - Fixed a bug on Nissan GTR GT3 LOD B
    - Minor livery fix on Glickenhoue SGC003
    - Python new functions:
    getWindSpeed
    getWindDirection
    getDriverNationCode(CAR_ID)
    getCarSkin(CAR_ID)

yusupov, Andrew_WOT, Robin_NL and 8 others like this.
  13. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

wow just wow... guess im back to ac

great to see them add the ai variation level. would of liked to see the random weather option, but apart from that thats a lot of fixes and features!!! Well don AC team!

14. Last edited: May 18, 2017
  15. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

looks like good improvements to offline racing, good job

like said above a "random" setting for the weather would be great, and being able to set individual AI levels in custom championship also (if thats not included in this patch)

16. boskapongen

boskapongen Gamer

17. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Might just be some sort of nonsense, but we had the Tripl3 pack last year, now the Ready 2 race. Is that some sort of countdown? Maybe for AC2?
    I know... my mind has a lot of idle time to come up with this stuff.

18. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

next year = the f1 pack

i could only dream someone other than CM get the f1 franchise, looks like it'll be another year without VR for it

19. yusupov

yusupov Alien

my guess would be VR prob won't come to CM F1 come scorpio (if MSFT foots the bill) or the next playstation.