1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Interview with Lord Kunos about community, consoles, future

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ZX636, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Load of bollocks, that comment. But you've made up your mind already, nothing else to say.

2. Duster24

Duster24 Simracer

Great article. People just need to improve there skills in this game. I'm on PS4 and not very going but enjoy the hell out of this sim. Yes it's a SIM, not a game.

3. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

My mind is made up until something happens to show otherwise.

The list of disparities is fairly significant, there shouldn't be any.

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

What I mean is that your narrative over some previous comments has been that Kunos intentionally treats you as second class and holds the console version back. That is, simply put, a load of bollocks from the view of someone who has been following development of this game for a while. Granted I cannot read the minds of the developers and I personally think they should have been more up front with the console development issues but from everything they've mentioned to the public and how they developed games so far I find it pretty crystal clear that the decisions they made in regards to the console development weren't made to treat you badly and look down on you, they were made out of necessity. But it's not worth the argument, so go ahead. I just think it's worth noting my view that you're not correct with your allegations.

Tomcul and Horus like this.
  5. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Nah mate, that's your perception of my narrative, I never consciously insinuated it was intentional, but it's an issue that needs sorting, silence and ambiguity on issues is never a good solution.

Believe it or not, I love the game, despite it's short comings, I want the game to survive and flourish on the console, but I fear the time for that to happen has passed, console gamers are a notoriously fickle bunch.

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Et cetera. But OK. Back to topic, shall we...

Horus likes this.
  7. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Come on now, you're clutching at straws, not sure how you gleaned intentionality from that, it's stating fact, I never said Kunos was doing it on purpose, that would be absurd.

Missing core features like customizable controls does make it a two tier product, I don't think they are intentionally holding them back though.

8. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Kunos need only to think about adding to what hey have, so in AC2 for example it happens, everything that AC has but with a decent career mode, 24H TOD transitions. Maybe hire an team for career mode or let us creat dream it up. Simply no need to dumb anything down, there will be plenty of car games for the casuals and nothing for me without AC. Btw yesterdays DLC is absolutely awesome, I'm blown away. With that, right there is your proof AC only needs to go up not down. AC can establish itself over the next decade as a well known brand if it stays 100% true to itself.

9. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I'm on Xbox I have season pass and all dlc and I feel like a 3rd class user. Season pass always last to get dlc red pack and pp2 not released yet. Game still doesn't run smooth especially online. Multiplayer is well basic. Lots of pc customisation features are missing, if it wasn't for the excellent driving experience on tx wheel I would have abandoned this game long ago.

TNTNitro, Robsen, MBK72 and 2 others like this.
  10. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Dumbing down isn't what is required. My 9 year old can "pick up and play" Forza and have a great time with his friends. AC doesn't need to be that accessible. Sadly, and to be fair, consoles are seen to be an accessible gaming platform for all, which is probably why AC has suffered at the hands of some reviewers. The target audience is definately race fanatics, not kids. Kids probably "don't get" the physics aspect. They want paint jobs, lots of tracks, and to be able to bounce off walls and still overtake their mates and the AI three corners later.
    If AC were to make it to version 2, I'd like to see more of the same please; the passion and obsessive attention to racing detail. Although next time it would be nice if that passion were to also manifest itself in some tighter quality controls. I can't help thinking that some of the audience has been lost due to the game simply not working properly for the first couple of months of release. Like a previous poster said, some of us console bunch are a fickle lot.
    Those of us who parked the bus, jumped on another, and come back after the fixes, have been rewarded with an excellent product.#
    The "it's ok, we can patch it later" mentality is a killer across the whole gaming industry in my opinion. We need a dev team to lead the new way forward, it could be Kunos.

Ace Pumpkin and Manu8019 like this.
  11. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

can you blame them, after reading these forums? lol

Personally, I love the game! No game has done physics this well! I was playing the new Porsche and Red pack last night thinking to myself "dang, they make every single one of these cars so unique and proper feeling!"... and as much as I have complaints, I am still more than willing to drop money on more tracks and cars! I think anyone interested in a racing game as physics oriented as this one, is willing to look past a few small glitches.. (lights switching on and off in menus, cars "dropping" onto the track at start up).. as long as the driving remains as sweet as it is, I can overlook those small issues.

In my most humble opinion, the ONLY thing they NEED to address is the online multiplayer, which they continue to promise IS in the works.. Once that patch or add-on is released, if done correctly, AC has the opportunity to be the online KING! IMHO of course.

12. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

My opinion is that Kunos probably wasn't that interested in Consoles, but any $$ helps pay the bills. When they found someone willing to publish, it seems they stood firm on not changing anything.

Yes the console version lags behind, but frankly, I feel like they are teaching themselves console development while developing. It probably it harder than it seem to port to console mainly due to now closed SONY and Microsoft can be.

I understand a lot of the frustration of folks when things aren't added in or there are issues with cars being unavailable. That's not what folks are used to with bigger studios. I won't blame folks for being mad.

I also think Kunos is spot on that Console gamers are a different breed than a PC sim racer. There hasn't been generations of Gran Turismo and Forza on PC like there has been on console and those 2 games push their "realism" When you have spent years learning the grind-tune-grind-tune-grind-tune some more until you have the fastest car routine, jumping into AC is really different.

Frankly, I'll keep buying cars and tracks even if there is no AC2. I don't see an AC2 "game" being a big seller and it's probably cheaper to keep adding content to the existing game for those that like it.

regingz likes this.
  13. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

The console users expect to have an identical port of the excellent PC version with all the features and options... Showrooms, private lobbies, button mapping, keyboard compatibility, all FFB options,Setups check system, Photomode, drag mode, trento bodonne,dirft track in practice mode,AI car selection, hud apps, car descriptions,type of track and initial grip levels,full relays, UDP applications, ability to save the race replay from online,the sound and physics adds on par with PC version since beginning...

About AI....the only thing that we complaint is that in the 1.01 version the AI was a lot more difficult and faster than on the PC version... In 1.03 with the inclusion of the new 2 levels.. Some races in "alien" are easy and other races in "easy" are difficult... With 1.09 Update the "alien" difficulty is generally 1 second per lap faster than the 100% of AI difficulty on PC....why they chanced the difficulty from a % slider in different levels in console BTW???
    The AI on consoles is really inconsistent.

Nobody ask about arcade rewind systems and stuff like that... All users say the same... Physics, driving and FFB is the best of the game and the best on consoles.

Only thing that console users want is a Full 100% port of Assetto Corsa on consoles (with less graphics, details, cars on track and no mods obviously) .

Because if we really look to the differences... Assetto Corsa PC version is lot more "game" than the console versions... At least they can open private servers and do racing leagues...or look to a car in the showroom and take a picture of a car with the Photomode..

We aren't a dificult comuntity, we enjoy your game Kunos, but we want the console version really on par with PC version in all features and options.. No more, no less.

And i really regret the problems Kunos have with sony and Microsoft with the launch of DLC's and updates...but realy didn't see same amount of problems with other game developers in that area....

So,please don't make the console version "casual" just port all what the console version don't have still like the PC version..

Com'on Kunos! You sure can achieve it!
    You guys already got a good basis to work and Polish on it!

14. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

That´s a huge strawman there.

The problem of this game isn´t the fact it is a simulation so it frustrates casuals. Casuals didn´t buy this. The problem of this game is being so barebones that it frustrate its actual userbase (real motorsport enthusiasts).

15. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

I agree. I don't think casual gamer's were the ones buying this game.

16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I don't think the AI was ever faster in the console version beyond being on different builds with different tyre models and so on. If I remember correctly it was only the case that the AI levels below AI at 100% difficulty equivalent for the career/special events were set a bit higher, 100% was the same. 80% on PC doesn't work that well with some car/track combinations which was probably the reason why it was omitted at first.

Also.. that AI is unbalanced and reacts differently to different tracks/conditions in AC is the nature of the beast. That's unlikely to ever change and not all that different from other simulators.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    pippo10 likes this.
  17. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

I just finally got into trying out Career mode so decided to put it on Very Easy (XBOX One, 1.09 Update) and it was well, pretty easy in the Abarth 500, A bit harder in the Alfa, and really easy in the BMW in the first set of events.

I'm more interested in the tire differences and track differences anyhow. What would be the point of the Porsche 3.0 RSR on modern slicks. Or heck, they could have made the 917/30 easier to get around low speed corners by modeling it with an LSD, but they went for the full spool so those tight chicanes are brutal if you don't realize it.

18. huzzellio

huzzellio Racer

Post of the decade!

Partaking in geekery since 1985

paul_wev, ppbucko and MBK72 like this.
  19. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

3 simple lines of text, absolutely sums up what would make this game great, and a bit more optimization on fps online on xbox.

20. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

Sounds like there will be Private Lobbies in the future (hopefully near-ish future).

Custom Championships would be nice. Pick a "class" of car and race a package of tracks (or better yet pick the tracks you want). I wonder how hard this would be to do?

Yes to online leaderboards. I'm not sure if it is too expensive to host or why they aren't there. I know some people cheat, so perhaps they would need review/moderation, but I'm okay if I can just compare times (I'll probably never be #1 anyway).

I think that the customer button mapping is probably the hardest thing on the consoles. Customer mapping isn't hard in code, but it seems that Microsoft and SONY are very closed with their controller drivers and even more so with wheel drivers (at least on Xbox, you can customer map a controller with the elite controller software). I am betting this is the one thing that will be an outstanding item for a long time due to the closed drivers.