1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Interview with Lord Kunos about community, consoles, future

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ZX636, Jan 11, 2017.

1. ingrobny

ingrobny Gamer

I agree, we can't, but i think most people just want the same version of AC that the pc gamers have, don't change anything, just add everything AC on PC have and Kunos would make many console owners satisfied :).
    We on consoles don't even have the new special events with red pack and porsche pack 2 cars, which the pc gamers have on pc.

Boks and MBK72 like this.
  2. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

I agree with you on most of your points.. I as well was a PC gamer, somewhat, in the past.. It's just that a console fits so much better into my living environment now, rather than a PC. It's a one time purchase, no upgrading needed, and all for a decent cost. With tablets and phones, I rarely find a need for a full PC anymore.
    Console environment, is what I like as well. By that I mean the ease of use, just power on and in 20 seconds you can be logged in and into multiplayer, friends lists, all there.. PC is more hands on and manually handling 3 and 4 different operating systems (windows, linux, steam, the individual games). Just my opinion, don't care to argue whoever is about to reply with a counter point.. PC is just too involved for the amount of time I have available to me as an adult.

If worse came to worse, yes I would begrudgingly build a dedicated sim racing pc. But it would be nowhere near as convenient as my PS4.

Actually if anything, PLAYSTATION should take note of this, and maybe loosen some of the guidelines for hardcore games like this in the future.. Making games like this easier to get out there on the platform,. Because it's really only a matter of time and cost effectiveness that's stopping my from moving back to PC for these kinds of games.

3. ingrobny

ingrobny Gamer

I agree it looks like Sony is worse than Microsoft as well, Sony just opened for mods in Fallout 4, but there is more restriction on PS4 than Xbox One.
    But Sony and Microsoft has to lighten up or speed up the update certification, i'm already tired of Sony, so i have started to look for pc and thinking about become a pc gamer, pc games is getting updates very fast and the use of mods is entierly up to you, not sony not Microsoft.
    And right now it looks like Kunos is about to stop making AC for consoles and right now it looks like if i want to play the real AC i have to buy a pc.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  4. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

I think Mods are going to be a bit tricky as they potentially open up SONY and/or Microsoft for a lawsuit if someone builds unlicensed cars or tracks.

That said, if you browse designs in Forza Horizon 3, there are a ton of attempts are recreating trademarked company logos and properties (there is a strangely large amount of Spongebob designs!?).

On the flip side, if you look at something like Farming Simulator 17 on XBOX, they are allowing mods (though way fewer than the PC version of the game) and there are a lot of maps. I would love to see modded tracks in AC, but then I wonder if I really want fantasy tracks. Perhaps, AC could work with actual tracks to get licensing and release a track expansion DLC. I'll take an American Track pack (think North and South America, not just USA) over an American Car pack.

ingrobny likes this.
  5. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Always been like that since Forza Motorsport 2. Users can do whatever they want with the livery editor (fantasy paints, replicas etc.).
    Regarding modded cars/tracks, the main problem is that not every mod is built from scratch. Ripped/stolen content is a serious issue, one that Kunos doesn't want to be affiliated with.

DatNoiseV12 and mtbwa1 like this.
  6. ingrobny

ingrobny Gamer

We on Ps4 (maybe Xbox One as well) don't even have info about the difference between normal car and what stage 3 or step 3 does, we know they are somehow tuned, but that's it, imo we on consoles is miles behind the pc version :oops:.

7. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

This situation is exactly what the Xbox Preview program is for, just as early access on Steam. KS would have avoided so many issues if they had developed the game via the preview program rather than a full launch, especially if it really was just 2 guys as your later post suggests.

Frontier followed this strategy with Elite Dangerous and it paid off in every way for them. An enthusiastic early audience sold the virtues of the game to friends and it launched exactly the same as the PC version with a weel thought out and arguably better control scheme than the original. AC was launched on the consoles in an unplayable state and has taken months to get even near the PC experience with many basic features still missing (mapped controls, all control functions for cars on supported wheels etc). Given that KS knew the benefit of the Steam Early Access program I'd push your question back to them if they knew it was going to be difficult why didn't they follow the early access strategy again?

Someone knew the state the console game was in but decided to launch anyway and more goodwill was lost than will ever be won back. The article makes clear the 'forgiving' PC crowd willing to overlook the shortcomings are well catered for but I'm guessing that isn't a highly profitable market or the console edition wouldn't exist. As other have said a lot more thought about what launching on the consoles meant was needed not launch and hope for the best as seems to have been the case.

TitzonToast and ZX636 like this.
  8. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Almost forgot about it! It could have been quite useful to get lots of feedback before a proper launch.

ingrobny and MBK72 like this.
  9. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

That kinda thing may have been more up to the publisher once contracts where signed.

10. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

The info is there now, before they displayed the same specs but now it's corrected .

Perhaps they should have considered that or sold it as early access.

DatNoiseV12 likes this.
  11. DAVEY-D

DAVEY-D Rookie

Just read the article, and it has made me more thankful for having AC on Playstation 4, not all console users want to be spoon fed with rewards or have their hands held the whole way. the steep learning curve is what I love about AC, and the fact that if I keep trying I will succeed, when I get a gold in a race, Because of the difficulty, the experience becomes the reward even after 10 attempts, thank you Kunos, I am one very happy Console racer:)

TitzonToast, Fbrg90, pippo10 and 4 others like this.
  12. The Devs could do what ever thay want to the game or do nothing else and i would still be happy it's the handling and feed back I'm after and AC has delivered just that to the console's since it's release on ps4 I've not picked up another racing game SIM since until vr on DR came out lol i love the game and what it gives me in return Keep it coming

13. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I agree with that "feeling". They must add all the content and features missing but we must be thankful for the fact that they brought AC to consoles.

14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I would advise to be patient, we PC guys gone through all that already. I'm on he bandwagon since day one of early access, and it's been quite a journey. Love every mile of it.
    AC is still my go to sim of choice, and I have them all..... well I skipped pCars ;)

SlimCharles and paul_wev like this.
  15. wow thank you very much! So refreshing to see such a positive comment in here for a change.

16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Boah, come on Stefano, you do not need excessive belly scratching. Not with that success...
    Take it as a heads up, a to do. reminder...
    You KNOW, we are on your side.

17. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

agreed. driving is what makes assetto special, but adding more pc features would certainly make it better. on the other side, there are pc players and sim racers who would like to see more (new) things as well. at the end of the day, we're are all in the same boat and just want to see the game grow.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    paul_wev likes this.
  18. hoss2852

hoss2852 Gamer

We on console need to realise we have basically been sold a lemon. No matter what anyone says it is definitely a second class citizen compared to Pc. I am fed up with waiting for all the content which should have been done in the first place in a so called AAA title. I will probably get a barrage for this but I don't care. I paid good money for something which is quite plainly not the same as an equivalent product on PC. And if we are honest Project cars is a better package with everything in it that Assetto should have. Blah blah its not realistic its not this its not that heard it all before. If PC owners were stuck with what we have they would be apoplectic. For console owners #shafted seems about right

svenvangent likes this.
  19. DAVEY-D

DAVEY-D Rookie

Fortunately for PC players, they have had the oportunity to watch the game grow stage by stage waiting patiently through early access. But with consoles it's a complety different animal, we can no longer buy a game and expect it to be 100%, We are the beta testers now with most games, look at the launches of Driveclub, BF4, and GTA5. These were disasterous to say the least, I no longer buy the game I invest in the life of the game, we haven't bought a lemon we have Invested in a Diamond. And AC was on offer so I got the Game and season pass for half the price, I definately dont feel shafted, let us not judge so early in the console versions life, let's wait and see how it pans out, I am optimistic about the future of AC on console.

@P73 likes this.
  20. hoss2852

hoss2852 Gamer

I respect your opinion mate but sadly I don't agree with you especally the beta testers part. I don't remember such a caveat written anywhere when I bought it. I was under the impression Assetto was a superior rival to PCars and at the MOMENT on console that is clearly not the case.