1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS Introducing the 5 point tyre model for ACC!

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Nico1979

Nico1979 Racer

@Aristotelis

any word about release date of 1.0.7 or 1.0.7 beta would be very nice!

2. MiroZG

MiroZG Gamer

Is they gonna use line trace on edge for detecting non valid polygon of the phy mesh , or one in the middle we need to wait and see, it is roughly 150 mm difference not to worry about.
    But about current track limits in general personally i think it is too loose on some places,and people of course abuse them , if Kunos make it more strict those lap times will be more close to real life, as long at least two wheels are in betwean white lines that is ok , but when all 4 go out off white lines there is gray area, curent you can go much further on some places without warning .
    I hope we will not have a situation like in AC on soome turns, I'll give one example ,Monza T10 in AC
    Kunos track that is used in SRS, some people massively abused it, and because AC official content not have update any more that will stay that way forever, I hope that will not be case with ACC it is in development phase and those kind of things are easy to correct if there is need for correction .

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    Perell0ne likes this.
  3. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

Here's a video of 1.0.7 in action with Mike Nobel driving and Aris looking on.

I didn't get a chance to test it myself, but Mike gave it a MASSIVE thumbs up.

Your in for a treat. ;)

https://streamable.com/wz4d9

bgil66, romandevision, tw1st and 15 others like this.
  4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

... maybe tonight :cool:

Micii1 likes this.
  5. Mike Nobel driving the bentley??!! How surprising:p

6. MrGit@Twitch

MrGit@Twitch Hardcore Simmer

Gamil tried the lambo with 1.0.7 and still got the thumbs up. :)

Ludovick daoust likes this.
  7. Freddie Seng

Freddie Seng Hardcore Simmer

I tried this build at Spa yesterday! I think Aris asked me how I found the curbs, hinting at something like "you just played V1.0.7 but you didn't know" but since the FFB was much weaker than what I'm used to on my rig I could never have guessed. Dammit!

(I very rarely had any issues with the curbs in 1.0.6 anyway)

romandevision, rycil and chksix like this.
  8. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

I think people just learned how to drive around this issue and you will not adapt to how you can attack some corners with the new tyre model in few minutes :D

LATE4APEX likes this.

9. Nearly spilled the coffee.. :p
    (6:23 ->)

Ps. Might seem like offtopic but isn't really. :)

10. Nico1979

Nico1979 Racer

@Minolin
    hope your progress is going well with 1.0.7
    can you make any comment if the feeling of the ffb when you are not driving over curbs is different than with 1.0.6? what i read here the behavior over curbs but also in other "extreme" situations will be different?

11. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I'm not a physics dev, but from my understanding and observation:

1) Nothing changes. The 5-contact change is not really a change in the physics, but increases the precision of what the model did before. Similar to the physics frequency, there is a level where it's precise enough, and increasing it won't change anything. If you fall below the "is ok level" in some situations, the result is not accurate and may or may not become obvious. Same happened here when it came to curbs. Now we're doing "enough" calculation steps to get the same result even in very extreme situations, like if you try to accelerate on stepped curbs or clip one with 270 kph.

2) Something changed a bit. While from a certain point of view this is "just" a precision thing, of course there are model changes to get from one contact patch to multiple ones. I can tell that I failed blind tests multiple times, when we had dev builds where we knew the change would be taken out, but not exactly if it's still active in that build. One run in Zolder made me think it is off, while it was on. Was a bit lazy on my side though, failed on one of the chicane curbs and was like "ah I want the good physics back" but in fact it was just poor driving :D
    Curbs will still kill you any time if you do it wrong, the big difference is that the outcome is extremely reliable now. For example I cannot safely clip the inside curb of the Ascari exit like I would want to in 1.0.6, but doing so in 1.0.7 gives me a controllable instability lap by lap, always the same.

3) Quite something changed. The current 1.0.7 does not only contain the 5-contact patch that should feel neutral, we also see new TC algorithms that act differently. And a few other tiny things that Aris can and will explain better. So right now, we can't even really tell which of the differences are caused by what. Personally I don't feel a lot difference (still failing blind tests), but doing dozends of laps of comparison runs made me think to feel that going over inside curbs has a bit less effect on the FFB, while loaded outside curbs feel the same to me. But that's again with the curbs, so to answer the question "if the feeling of the ffb when you are not driving over curbs is different than with 1.0.6?": Placebo will be there, actual difference not really.

12. Phildonn

Phildonn Rookie

13. Nico1979

Nico1979 Racer

@Minolin

thx for the very good explanation!

14. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

[​IMG]
    Where all the magic is happening!

deadmeat2k, rycil and dek like this.
  15. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Please tell us that there's a 50% chance the 1.07 release will be exactly the same as 1.06 just as a placebo experiment.

deadmeat2k likes this.
  16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I suspect that I would pass the blind test :p for me there are quite a few ways to see the curb issue.

Its smooth curbs like in this video I made a while back that really shouldnt cause much trouble to the car if you ride them a little. Here I dont lose the car but Ive ridden similar curbs in local tracks and they dont do anything like that.

The flat stepped curbs were shown well in Aris video demonstrating the updated collision model. In ACC currently for those that understand how the curbs can be a problem, they can mostly avoid the issues. Curbs like Silverstone on the outside before entry to Copse you really need to avoid like the plague.

They unsettle the car so much especially as you begin to turn and the loaded outside tyre is on it, inside stepped curbs can often be used as the inside tyres are not loaded as much so its not as much of an issue on apexes on such curbs with the unloaded tyres mid corner.

You need to drive in a different way to how you should be able to. I havent ever driven a gt3 or any track in ACC but in the local tracks I have driven curbs like the ones there are generally not even considered as needing a line or input adjustment.

This is probably where Nicki Thiim got rather frustrated running his regular lines in ACC.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  17. Nico1979

Nico1979 Racer

@Minolin

is it possible to say to the community if we can expect 1.0.7 or 1.0.7 beta till tomorrow? regardles the answer its easier to be patient that way ;-)

18. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Would be very interesting to know what throttle opening you had, when you experienced that "episode" in your video.

19. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

lmao

IronRec likes this.
  20. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Maybe you could explain, maturely, why you think my question about throttle opening, was funny to you ?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019