1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS Introducing the 5 point tyre model for ACC!

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jul 18, 2019.

1. VoodooChild

VoodooChild Gamer

this is extremely interesting, and a very clear explanation of why curbs give so many issues in ACC as well as in other games.

I'm very impressed Aris, and well done Kunos.

2. LeonSuetfeld

LeonSuetfeld Alien

I agree.

To me, the core driving experience is the most important aspect of a sim, and it was flawed. I'd get frustrated more than I was able to enjoy the game, and this was exactly what was causing it. I found myself spending more time in sims with predictable physics, even KartKraft despite the extremely low amount of content in it. On that note, I believe for the enjoyment of a sim, the predictability of the physics is more important than the realism. The irratic ground collisions and the CoD issues of ACC almost killed it for me. Now with these changes I'm confident that both of these issues are fixed and I can get back into it. Looking forward to trying this after my vacation, if it's out by then.

So Aris, Lord Kitty, Fabio and Fernando: Thanks a lot for your efforts and for finally hearing our prayers (and posts), this is awesome.

Another thing that's on my mind: The last bit of predictability issues would be the occational skipping of anti-cut curbs due to the update rate of the physics.
    Let's say the contact patch is 4cm long, and we're going 150kph (41.67m/s). Then in order to cover each part of the asphalt exactly once with that patch, we'd need roughly a 1000Hz update rate. If we say it's enough to have all tire-ground point contacts calculated at 2 cm apart (longitudinally), we can shift the contact patch by 6cm per update to reach good "coverage". That would be the case at about an update rate of 666Hz.

So... any chance of that happening with ACC or will we have to wait for AC3? ;-)

How "long" are the front and rear contact points spaced apart, and what is the current update rate on ACC? Still at 333 Hz?

3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

hmmm so Stefano finally worked out how to clone you... sneaky dog :p:D

[​IMG]

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Legendary Aris & co :cool:

ryszard.zukowski likes this.
  5. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

If it hasn't changed IMO it's 111 Hz.

6. LeonSuetfeld

LeonSuetfeld Alien

AC was at ~333Hz. the 111Hz might be other updates (AI, collisions, etc), but the tire-to-road-update rate should be at least 333Hz.

7. Timberwind

Timberwind Racer

I would be fine with the fact, if Aris was spending half of his workday on writing blog posts like these. Amazing!

Christian Guse-Mann likes this.
  8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

... and I thought ACC was dead in the water :rolleyes: according to the brat pack, you guys already shut up shop, cashed in your cheques and pi$$ed off to Jamaica... w@ankers! maybe you guys should though, however only after v1.20 :p:D:cool:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    GroteBakkes likes this.
  9. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Gamer

I'm completely unaware of what you are referring to but it seems to me this fix confirms that Nicki Thim was right to complain?

Refactoring the code from a single point contact model to a 5 point contact model without greatly affecting performance sounds like very clever software engineering :cool:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Freddie Seng, Loeki, esox71 and 4 others like this.
  10. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

He was right to complain as the issue existed, but the way he chose to convey it wasn't and that is what I meant.

11. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Really exciting news!

12. p4thos

p4thos Rookie

Just awesome work!

13. MiroZG

MiroZG Gamer

I must say that i am really excited about this , and hope will really work and perform as intended without too much extra process power :)

14. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Just looked up Rfactor PRO, very cool!
    Can't wait for this new ACC update to drop:)

15. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

As always a pleasure to read, looking forward to the update. Really appreciate the effort from the team!

16. A-Jin

A-Jin Racer

ACC is THE best simulator in market no doubts.

17. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

Sounds great.

Hope this makes it into AC1 one day.

AC1 6 years in, has still massive following and player count.

18. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

As am I, will make me a better driver,... ;)

But do also have concerns about the possibility of more CPU load,... but nothing is free in reality or simulators.

19. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Just to make clear that you'll get IDENTICAL performance from the new tyre model.

20. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

It just keeps on getting better,... :)