1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PHYSICS Introducing the 5 point tyre model for ACC!

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Aristotelis, Jul 18, 2019.

1. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

I'm really looking forward to "very soon™" :D

2. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

Truly friends, if one day Kunos decides to release a mega update of the physics of AC1, with the intention of keeping the two simulators, levelled in this respect, then I would have no problem paying him all this at a reasonable price. An eventual and super desirable update.

AC1 is still too important in the world of simulation because it embraces all those who are not fans of GT3, observation that I do in a personal capacity and from my perspective as a hobbyist and simracer.

In my opinion, such a thing would also be good for the company in terms of image and profits, distancing even more its competitors in the market. This would not divert any interest of fans to the next possible AC2. I know that maybe it is pure utopia to hope for it, because it is good that the market, it does the meeting between supply and demand. And supply is not in our hands. Maybe I exaggerated. But that would be a nice thing.

chksix likes this.
  3. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

First off great news! and a really well written summary and analysis of the problem and solution. This is going to make a huge change in the accuracy of the sim. I will admit though and I'm kind of curios why is this just now being analyzed? Don't get me wrong I'm glad you guys are adding it but considering flight sims such as x-plane have been using Multi Point Blade Element Analysis (Similar to FEA ) I would've thought car sims would have been doing the same thing.

4. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

You'd be probably surprised to know how much more complex is tyre modelling in comparison to aero modelling... and obviously it's not only now analyzed. We've been fighting with this for years. In this job, users get to know the good news when it's almost done, but behind this there are years of trials, studies, experience, tears, blood... :)

5. Zeraxx

Zeraxx Racer

Interesting, the first part of your answer is what I was curios about, I know there have been limiting factors why this wasn't implemented sooner, I was just curios on what those were considering you guys are probably at the forefront of car simulation and SMEs on the subject.

You guys should write some white papers on this stuff! This is actually why I use sims, to learn car dynamics so I love learning about how the industry changes and what advancements/discoveries have been made.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Lurkusmaximus, AchillesXI and Aseeth like this.
  6. Achokaracho

Achokaracho Racer

I have no words, just wow

7. LeonSuetfeld

LeonSuetfeld Alien

@Aristotelis Mind telling us about the distance between front and rear contact points, the update rate, and how this might affect anti-cut curb skipping? :)

8. BlivAK

BlivAK Gamer

Mega update, can’t wait to for this new experience

9. Arpadian

Arpadian Racer

hope this is a goodbye to the grip of death

10. YouuuSuckk

YouuuSuckk Gamer

Awesome work. I love the constant updates that make this a better sim

Any word on when VR Optimisations are coming?

11. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

Hello. Curious if you run the AI with the same process? Or are they maintained with '1-point'?
    I somewhat assume they are '1-point'. Do you see differences between AI and player re: braking distances or cornering speeds?

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  12. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

Now it makes sense why some behaviors were much like driving with bicycle tyres. This 1 point system comes as a surprise to me, specially because I never felt the "train rail" in AC1 and other sims, the way I feel it in ACC, assuming other sims are even using it.

Can't wait to try the new system!

13. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

We manage to separate and now AI uses only 1-point. It's difficult to compare what they do as they have instant super reflexes and can mantain the tyres on perfect slipangles and slipratios if they want. Obviously I can't ask AI if they "feel" the tyre mode precise :D
    For sure with AI using 5 points, performance kissed us goodbye :p

Because in ACC the lateral flex of the point, created that vicious circle that forced driver input to be more violent and when the whole thing resolved for the front tyres, the rears where still there. Have another go to my original post, it's explained pretty well. I know it's long and I apologise, but worth the read :)

14. thanks to everyone involved, this was game-breaking to a lot of people, can't wait to test it.:):):)

15. I really can't wait for this!
    Now i'll just be refreshing my Steam every 5 seconds hoping to see 1.0.7 public beta in download :D

Karolinis likes this.
  16. LucaBenj

LucaBenj Racer

I don't think it's going to happen until next week.

17. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

the blog we all hoped to read…

Long life to Kunos

18. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

Of course. Will look forward to testing especially the braking performance/distances. In PC2 they are quite different between player and AI, and it is really annoying.
    Really looking forward to all the things to come. Thanks to all of the team for their passion.

19. cobrettee

cobrettee Gamer

Absolutely awesome read and news - it just keeps getting better - thanks for all the hard work!

20. well this would be physically impossible :p

Let's settle on a more realistic "the change does not seem to impact performance in a detectable way" :p