1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Introducing: thesetupmarket.com - the place to share setups.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Mathieu Labbé, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

Hello everyone,

After a few months of hard work, I'm presenting to you:

[​IMG]

The Setup Market is a sim racing setup sharing platform with a simple goal, provide a centralized setup database for the simracing community in order to encourage users with more knowledge and time to share their work.

Browse the setups shared by the community.
    Just go on the website and download as many setups as you want. The interface allows you to filter the setups available in order to ease your research.

Share your precious setups to the community.
    Simply create an account and start uploading your setups. You can be as precise as you want to be by adding best lap time, trim, and comments for your setup.

Why? Since Assetto Corsa doesn't have a built-in setup sharing functionality (yet), and that going through dozens of forum posts isn't particularly fun, I've come up with this idea to facilitate the whole sharing setup process.

I hope that you will love it and that it will enhance your Assetto Corsa experience.

Peace and see you on track!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec – Introducing The Brand New FanaLab Software | Free Download Sep 7, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec – Introducing The Brand New FanaLab Software | Free Download Sep 7, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Dear devs any plan introducing safety car and pit animation? Aug 11, 2019
    ACC Blog Introducing the 5 point tyre model for ACC! Jul 18, 2019
    Chit Chat Room [DIY] Introducing my new rim Nov 19, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Introducing the Ferrari 250 GTO for Assetto Corsa - Live Stream by Stefano Sep 13, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Introducing Www.RaceLeagues.com Jun 25, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Introducing Web based AC Server Manager from Korean AC user group! Mar 25, 2017
    3D car models Introducing the ferrari inspired f80 hyper-car for assetto corsa Aug 16, 2015
    Online Leagues / Championships room Introducing redline racing league! May 19, 2015

3. mms

mms Alien

Nice idea, now we just need a plugin in AC to be able to download a setup directly from the game ;)

It would also be nice to put the best time directly on the list.

Mathieu Labbé and Horus like this.
  4. Horus

Horus Alien

Would it be okay to include a link to your site on our forum Golfwang?

Mathieu Labbé likes this.
  5. Mathieu Labbé

Yes that is exactly what I am aiming for, though it may take some time ;)

Good idea, I'll think about that, thanks!

Indeed, spread the word :)

6. Horus

Horus Alien

Thank you Golfwang, this could work very well. It would be good if you could upload the whole setup folder and it is placed in the appropriate place instead of uploading each and every one. Still I look forward to having a look about on how others set their cars up. Great idea and good luck. :)

7. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

If you want your site to flourish you *NEED* a plugin. Indeed, you need a plugin that enables both uploading and downloading of setups. And you need a plugin with a clean interface. And you need a plugin that enables automatic downloading of setups, either from their a pre selected player, or from the fastest player.

edit: uploaded my spa setup :)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  8. Mathieu Labbé

Then I *NEED* *YOUR* help ;)

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  9. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

there's no need to be sarcastic. I am enthused by your website. It's exactly what AC needs. More variety. And every piece of development is useful. I'm just thinking what would really make your project stand out and above the rest.

But sorry, didn't want to sound like a dick. Properly nice website. And beautifuly styled. :)

edit: a quick bug report; the </br> tags seem to get stripped from the comments of setups. Or whatever happens, but line breaks don't get submitted. Also is there a way to edit the comments on existing uploads?

Mathieu Labbé and Horus like this.
  10. Mathieu Labbé

Dont worry, I wasn't being serious a all. I completely agree on what your saying. But being a web developper, I was always going to go web in the first place :)

I need (no pun intended!) to look at python doc for AC apps. That would be quite a challenge, but man that would be awesome!

And yeah, no br in comment section. No fomatting at all for the moment. But thats something else to look into, thanks!

SvenUilhoorn likes this.
  11. SvenUilhoorn

SvenUilhoorn Racer

Hope it will continue to evolve!

My biggest fear is the way Assetto itself handles setup saving and sharing as I don't really experience it as user friendly. Maybe this helps!

Mathieu Labbé likes this.
  12. mms

mms Alien

lol, yeah, easy to say, not that simple to accomplish :) But yes, the plugin should enable easy uploading / downloading. And also a way for people to rate the setups, in my experience the fastest times not always the best setups, for most people a stable (but maybe slower) setup will be better.

Not sure about that automatic thing, personally I don't like when something downloads content to my PC without my confirmation. And I also think it would complexify the plugin for not that much in return.

EDIT: one more thing, something that bothers me lately is that now with the multi-layout tracks we have the setups for different layouts all in one place, which is not the best as different layouts need different setups. I think this should be taken in account...

13. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

Another thing that would be really a very handy thing is some sort of feedback system for the setups. So that users can comment and rate setups. It will make deciding which setup to download much easier.

Shakurazz and AlleyViper like this.
  14. Mathieu Labbé

On the site I have separated each layout in order to filter by track layout instead of track only. But for the app, yes, that would be a problem. Unless every user follow a clear file naming convention...

Yes I have thought about that, but I'm not sure about how to implement it. Since there is so much driving styles, a setup might be perfect for a driver but can also be undrivable for another one. I was thinking of a report bad/corrupted setup instead, want do you guys think? Or maybe a 'like' system?

Shakurazz, speedbee and mms like this.
  15. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

Nice initiative.
    Just registered and uploaded my last setup.
    The UI is very well made, congratulations.

Shakurazz and Horus like this.
  16. I certainly hope it will be picked up by the community ! But I agree it needs a plugin (fast) to gain some momentum :)

I also like the fact you can view the setup details on the site. It is well presented too.

Shakurazz and speedbee like this.
  17. Snjper

Snjper Hardcore Simmer

Looking into making an app or website to share ghosts I remembered reading about your setup sharing website.
    Thought about allowing ghost files too?

alittle digging into the .ghost files.. which are small ~500K
    viewing the hex right at the beginning the drivers name, track, and car name
    also ghost folder structure Assetto Corsa\GhostCar\<track> (which the .ghost has)
    Only thing I'm not sure of is time. which has to be there, no?

Robert Tesch and cerebralvortex like this.
  18. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Great idea, exactly what I wanted! There's several cars I just can't configure a proper setup for and this will help! It needs to be implemented in the game for sure.

edit PS: A comment since I'm very much into web developing myself, the website looks really well made and modern, the UI is easy to navigate and looks refreshing. Good job.

Shakurazz likes this.
  19. vanveen

vanveen Racer

You can share setups with ptracker/stracker I think,I've never used but you can look into it

20. Mathieu Labbé

Thanks so much guys for the feedback, I take good note of everything.

First of all, I have fixed the no line feed in comments and have added the best lap time on the setups listing.

As for the ghost laps, thats a great idea, its going on the TODO list (which is quite huge btw :D)

I'll be doing my best to develop the project (and the app, eventually) as quick as I can. The good thing is I'm on a parental leave "vacation", let's hope my little boy leave me some time for coding :)

In the mean time, don't hesitate to spread the word as much as you can!

Cheers

Shakurazz, mms and Ischemica like this.
  21. mms

mms Alien

Gratz!!! And don't count on that bold thing lol Enjoy your time with him, time will now start to accelerate really fast ;)