1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Introducing: thesetupmarket.com - the place to share setups.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Mathieu Labbé, Sep 9, 2015.

1. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

Great idea this - Thanks @lafaro_db - I will link it on the StopDropGaming forum

Mathieu Labbé likes this.
  2. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

May I suggest to be implement also a mobile version?
    With Chrome mobile the site is displayed too zoomed.

3. mms

mms Alien

I don't think it worth the effort. How many people would use a mobile browser to upload / download a setup? Unless AC gets released to the phone :D

4. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

Man, please let me dream :D And yeah, time has already entered fast forward mode, its crazy.

My thoughts exactly. I usually do all my site in responsive with attentiom to mobile in particular but I intentionally did this one for big screens as its meant to be used on gaming PCs. But out of curiosity, you would like to access the site on your phone for stats only, or to see what new sets have been posted? If I ever decide to make it mobile friendly, that wouldn't be very high on my TODO list though :)

mms likes this.
  5. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

Definitely my request was not intended for download the setups and use AC on mobile!
    Just the fact that if I'm not at home, like now, I could check for new additions or browse the uploads from mobile. The same thing I do, e.g. with the RSR web pages.
    I don't think mine was a foolish request.

6. Mathieu Labbé

Definitely not foolish indeed. I can see the interest, thanks for your input. I may have been underestimating the importance of mobile friendliness when I developed the site. I think that wouldn't be too complicated of a job, but like I said, I'm afraid that is not a priority right now. But yeah, I'll be looking into it for sure :)

7. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

Great effort there lafaro_db!
    Just like setupgrid for LFS, I will use your platform to test my driving style with other peoples setups.
    Big thanks for sharing!

8. Mathieu Labbé

Hey guys, just a quick update here.

You can now edit your setup once its posted (best laptime, comments, ac version and trim). I'll may even add edit the filename if you guys think it would be useful.

A very generous AC fan has offered to lend me a hand for the development of the app. It is very early days, but I'm confident we can do something great with this :)

In the meantime, keep posting!

Diogo Ramalho, St3fan and Ischemica like this.
  9. Mathieu Labbé

Hey guys, another update.

You can now rate the setups on the website. All you have to do is create an account if you don't already have one, then navigate to the detail page of the setup and leave your rating. You can also sort by rating in the listings when searching for a setup.

Since the bigger the user base is, the most useful and interesting the website is going to get, I'm trying to think of new places where I could post about it. Any ideas?

Hope you guys enjoy :)

10. TDS

TDS Alien

great stuff thanks!!!

Mathieu Labbé likes this.
  11. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I registered an account there today. I guess @GamerMuscle advertising worked :) Well! Not really advertising, he was reporting sim racing news in a video . Congrats on making this website for us to use, lafaro.

12. Mathieu Labbé

Thanks guys! I sure need to buy a beer to @GamerMuscle for this amazing exposure! I was greatly surprised when I saw this :D

This gave me the boost I needed to work a little on the site despite the few hours of sleep I had last night. Appart from some UI tweaking, I added some modded cars and tracks, setups can be uploaded to those as of now.

Cheers!

Shakurazz likes this.
  13. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Simracer

Well done so far mate keep it up.;)

I'm just about to add your site to my default sim racing pages on chrome.
    Cheers

14. Mathieu Labbé

Just to let you know guys you can now post your fresh 1.3 setups to thesetupmarket.com.

I have a big update coming soon (code refact and new functionalities), stay tuned!

Oh and I didnt forget about the app, lots of thinking going on :)

Shakurazz, Quffy and cerebralvortex like this.
  15. Hany

Hany Alien

All my gt3 setups can be found there, hurry up and go gain some secondssss!!! :p

16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Do you use the same setups on all tracks? :O

17. Hany

Hany Alien

Just adjust the gearing and aero.

18. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

nice website, has anyone thought if its possible to integrate it with the AC launcher? similar to the RSR web interface? I wonder if its possible to write to the disk from within such an interface, so that you could download directly to the car setup folder from within the game, would be pretty cool
    awesome very kind of you to share :)

kofotsjanne, baboon and Hany like this.
  19. P*Funk

P*Funk Racer

I keep forgetting how people are such babies. You need to coerce them into looking after their own self interest.

20. Mathieu Labbé

Hey guys, I wanted to let you know that I just deployed an update on the site. (You might have to refresh the page to see it properly)

You can now re-upload setups file for an already existing setup. If you have posted a setup but have made changes since, you can re-upload it via the setup edit page. This can be particularly useful to update setup when a new version of AC has been released. Instead of posting a new setup, just update it(best laptime, comments, sim version) and re-upload the file. These re-uploaded setups will be marked with a 'vX' on the listing.

The UI has also been refreshed a little (that's my curse, I will NEVER be happy of the way it looks...), I can now work on something useful :D

Thanks to @Hany for your contribution, looks like your setups are quite popular :)