1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Invert lateral G- effect in cockopit view (pilot POV camera) SOLVED

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Baikal, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Baikal

Baikal Simracer

Hi Kunos!
    Finaly, from AC begun... Please option to invert lateral G- effect in cockpit view POV. For realism and human logic.
    Pilot's sight in cockpit must be tuned inside the turn in lateral G - not outside.
    Thanks. :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Steering inverted setting Jan 21, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Cannot find option to invert clutch? Jun 29, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals ACC Controls & Peripherals inverted input Mar 11, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec V3 inverted settings Feb 21, 2022
    Bug reports Fanatec V3 Inverted Jan 31, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Brake and gaz inverted Jan 20, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals How do I invert FFB signal Dec 24, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Fanatec Clubsport pedals V3 vs. CSR Elite Inverted - worthwhile upgrade? Mar 16, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals ACC T150 not very reactive and inverted pedals Feb 5, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Invert the axes in ACC? Jun 27, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Cannot invert pedals Logi G920 Jun 4, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec CSR Inverted Clutch Dec 31, 2019
    ACC Physics Inverted FFB All of the Sudden... Dec 20, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Raindrops effect is inverted on the AUDI Jun 3, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Server broser - Weights working inverted? May 13, 2019

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

That's more like look-to-apex. The centripetal forces will pull the drivers head to the outside of the turn.

sacredaardvark likes this.
  4. Baikal

Baikal Simracer

Sure! But i am ( as a pilot) always turning my head and my sight in apex- not out! This is AC old and annoing mistake and must to be corrected, IMHO.

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I see. But then trying to fix it by inverting the G-Force effect is the wrong approach...because then the G-Force effect is wrong.

Again: the better approach is to use a look-to-apex feature. I don't know if AC has a native one but there's an app that's called "Real Head Movement". I've never tried it but I saw people giving positive feedback on it.

sacredaardvark and Fat-Alfie like this.
  6. Baikal

Baikal Simracer

Yes. This future may be called as Look To Apex future, realized in RHM app. But we ( in cocpit view pilots camera) must to have near the same future too. Because RHM app in not so user friendly and easy to use third party tool . RHM (due Kunos limitation) in not fully satisfaction solution.
    But what i see in cocpit lateral G-Effect in AC is wrong. WRONG.
    For better view it must to manage pilot's eyes- not lateral G-Effect apriory. IMHO.
    To invert view axsle is easyest way to fix it by Kunos.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

My apologies. I sort of sensed when I joined this discussion that I will be wrong :rolleyes:

sacredaardvark likes this.
  8. Hi Baikal,
    you can set the look to opposite of G force modifying camera_manager.ini file since day one (I reckon an option in the settings would be more elegant, but anyway it works).
    I did set mine like this:
    Code:
    ;(...)
    [SHAKE]
    GFORCEX=-2.8 ; this is lateral G
    GFORCEZ=1.4
    GFORCEY=1.4
    SHAKEMULT=1.4

In this way it "moves the head" in the direction opposite to lateral G force by 2 times the G force. Be aware that in some spots like EauRouge/Radillion at Spa the effect can be disorienting the first times you pass with this settings.
    Have fun!

Fat-Alfie, digitizer and Baikal like this.
  9. Baikal

Baikal Simracer

Ahh Roberto! Thanks!!! I will try it! I am the old AC user and but... not discover this easy file future bymyself... ))) Thanks again!
    All we need is just put "Minus" !!! )))
    PS. Just tested " minus" value. It's all i want here and you make my day! :)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  10. Sorry, I forgot to tell that it doesn't work in dashboard view. It works in the "normal" view, the one where you see hands and steering wheel unless you hide them in settings.