1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

iRacing announced Porsche GT3 Cup for January '17 Release

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Skylar_Schutz, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC vs iRACING at Monza GP Jun 25, 2023
    ACC User Interface Can we get monitor curvature FOV adjustment like iRacing? May 22, 2022
    ACC General Discussions iRacing is in a bit of trouble. Can Assetto Corsa Competizione rise to the challenge? May 6, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds H-Pattern Shifter works in iRacing but not in AC Mar 13, 2020
    ACC General Discussions iRacing banner for ACC? Jan 23, 2020
    ACC General Discussions New to ACC from iRacing... Data & Setup ? Jan 11, 2020
    ACC General Discussions interest in SRS like, iRacing like Multiplayer website? Jun 24, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Scheduled races similar to iRacing or GTsport Apr 3, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Assetto Corse buys Iracing Apr 1, 2019
    ACC User Interface Suggestion: Controls menu (AKA iRacing "Black Box") Feb 14, 2019
    ACC User Interface Request for iRacing style delta bar Oct 3, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Nicki Thiim takes the Porsche 911 cup car for a spin.. AC, Iracing and R3 Mar 1, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Lack of feel compared to iRacing. Feb 23, 2018
    Console Lounge Who else thinks we need a license system like iracing has on assetto corsa? Sep 19, 2017

2. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

"It's nice to finally see Porsche coming to the places where the community will actually appreciate them."
    Yay... o_O

Ace Pumpkin and jc1993 like this.
  3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

More like 'Oy vey!'...

4. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Wondering what will happen to the currently popular RUF series...

5. pollinho123

pollinho123 Simracer

I'd say they're a month, wait, a year too late :p

Nah, it's good that Porsches becomes available on different games and sims, I'm not interested in iRacing at all, but good for those guys :)

6. would be good to compare the physics in AC and iRacing in the same car :)
    I love both the sims

mister dog and Philip Antonia like this.
  7. They have more e-sport appeal, would love to listen to that gt3 cup on iracing,

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Skylar_Schutz likes this.
  8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Shows why Kunos was in a hurry to get the Porsche packs out by the end of the year, also good to see they will be in other sims and not an exclusive deal like the old crappy EA one which surely just hurt Porsches image a bit amongst sim racers. For me with AC being my prefered sim Iracing getting it has no effect on me really as I dont use it any more but it will be good to have more brands available to all games/sims.

Does this mean that Ruf will go bust as surely the millions they got from licensing lookalike Porsches will likely dry up. :D

Still id love to see some more Ruf's in games even in AC now that we have the real Porsches, the RUF's can actually be appreciated for what they are and not simply pretending to be what they arent. ;)

CamsX likes this.
  9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

This is what we all have been waiting for! 2017 starts off good.

10. 3dchips

3dchips Racer

Great to see that Porsche is also coming to iRacing, but I "fear" one car is more expensive than a complete PP from Kunos...
    I own both games, a comparison could be interesting, though the FFBs are pretty different...

11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont think they would need to charge much money for it because it will sell really well so the money should get in anyway. But yeah, they will probably charge as much for one car as Kunos did for the Porsche bundle. Its nice to see that there isnt any exclusives deal anymore.

12. Yup, this is gr8 news. It will be interesting to try them back to back!! AC and iRacing are my 2 favourite sims, AC for it's variety in cars and tracks etc and iRacing for the online racing, which for me, with my job and house husband duties is an absolute godsend. I spent most of last year racing iRacing as after 1.5 AC had lost some of the feel I like!! Since the later builds and especially the Porsche packs and updates, AC has gone back to feeling and driving how I like it. I can switch from one sim to the other and feel comfortable quickly and it's gr8 that they both seem to be gathering some serious development pace the last 6 months or so!! :)

13. Is not a Kunos exclusive the Porsche brand? :/ I remember about the fact they work directly with R & D department, exclusively. Maybe I'm wrong..

14. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

It,s not exclusive to Kunos - It is a difference between Partnership and a license to use a specific car etc Kunos made the cars mainly for Porsche not us.
    Hence as Marco said in a stream Kunos never had this much data from a manufacturer. Also Since Porsche use the cars and AC at their Porsche Experience Centers means Porsche checked and approved the cars.

Skylar_Schutz, Vel, xystof and 2 others like this.
  15. martcerv

martcerv Alien

It was exclusive to them and EA last year it seems, now it must be more open which is why Iracing announced it the start of 2017. I'm sure they worked exclusively with Porsche it wasnt like a group of devs on a tour they just tagged along with. ;) Kunos if they had an exclusive Porsche deal for me personally wouldnt have been a big deal but overall its better if more games/sims can have them, for us its also a good thing as a bit of competition will push each dev to make as good a rendition as they can and the brand gets more exposure. Exclusive deals simply limit competition and so can lead to sub par standards when devs know nobody else will have a better version.

Michele Papis likes this.
  16. Berry

Berry Alien

Like the 918's V8 having the same sound as the 991 Carrera S in NFS Most Wanted .:rolleyes:

17. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

So it looks like cup car and 919 from the video so far.

If they get GTE/RSR that will be serious combo for LeMans considering Ferrari 488 GTE is coming to iRacing as well.

So LMP1 919 / LMP2 Acura/ GTE 488 and 911

You would get awesome lemans field with iRacing multiplayer/driver swaps/ multi class racing and night racing.

Making me jealous but than again.

Every Porsche iRacing will add will be $12-15 each.

18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, iRacing certainly has the marketing down. One teaser trailer and more coverage within one day from professional side than Assetto Corsa got in the entire time since they announced Porsche.

19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Which professional side?

20. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

iRacing has 60,000 subscribers.

They have 3,000-4,000 users on daily. hype from its fanbase getting out is pretty normal.

Assetto Corsa is doing fine. They had press from Porsche and WEC and beat everyone else to the punch to get Porsche.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.