1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

iRacing is in a bit of trouble. Can Assetto Corsa Competizione rise to the challenge?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by quelus, May 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quelus

quelus Rookie

This is a title of a video i just saw today:

Actually there is a lot of criticism in regard to iRacing these days and a lot of pro drivers are streaming ACC.
    I was also wondering if this could be a chance for ACC to take over.
    I am not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if ACC has the most realistic physics on the market right now.
    With the proper multiplayer structure it could really bring people in.

Of course it would require a massive work on the multiplayer side.
    As we all know the team is now focused on the console development, so I guess this is probably not happening.
    Money wins in the end.

What do you think?

David Danser, kickers2k1 and RWa like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Saturday at 7:09 AM
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC vs iRACING at Monza GP Jun 25, 2023
    ACC User Interface Can we get monitor curvature FOV adjustment like iRacing? May 22, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds H-Pattern Shifter works in iRacing but not in AC Mar 13, 2020
    ACC General Discussions iRacing banner for ACC? Jan 23, 2020
    ACC General Discussions New to ACC from iRacing... Data & Setup ? Jan 11, 2020
    ACC General Discussions interest in SRS like, iRacing like Multiplayer website? Jun 24, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Scheduled races similar to iRacing or GTsport Apr 3, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Assetto Corse buys Iracing Apr 1, 2019
    ACC User Interface Suggestion: Controls menu (AKA iRacing "Black Box") Feb 14, 2019
    ACC User Interface Request for iRacing style delta bar Oct 3, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Nicki Thiim takes the Porsche 911 cup car for a spin.. AC, Iracing and R3 Mar 1, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Lack of feel compared to iRacing. Feb 23, 2018
    Console Lounge Who else thinks we need a license system like iracing has on assetto corsa? Sep 19, 2017
    Suggestions Add a sharpening filter like iRacing... Jun 13, 2017

3. RWa

RWa Simracer

I think competition is always good. But Iracing is already there for a long time. Hope ACC will be used in a lot of events.

slatanek and Rema84 like this.
  4. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

Not chance unless they are able to provide the infrastructure for multiplayer.

Its also way too limited in tracks/classes.

Even if they had the $$$ to build it it would take years.

Also I doubt its in trouble - quite the opposite - its grown the user base massively in the last couple of months.

5. Si.

Si. Simracer

ACC isn’t in the same league as iRacing i.e. in competition structure or multi-class.

6. I don't think iR is in any major trouble, you can find videos of drivers and other people criticizing every sim including ACC. I prefer ACC over iR but I've had to defend ACC over the years from criticism as well. It happens. Until ACC has even remotely comparable multiplayer I don't think it's in the conversation and even then with such a focused amount of content I don't think it will ever happen. ACC may be the best simulation of GT3 racing but even then it is a niche within the niche market of sim racing.

slatanek and Si. like this.
  7. drukqs

drukqs Racer

ACC will never compare to iRacing as a service because iRacing is a subscrition based product while ACC isn't: so as a service ACC will never match iRacing unless their service model changes.

As a GT3 simracing game purely (disregarding the service aspect or other classes that ACC does not have), i think ACC is already on par or superior to iRacing and who ever says the contraty is just a denier or an iRacing fanboi (which i was for until a couple of months ago when i started playing this beautiful game).

slatanek likes this.
  8. I agree with the guy in the video.
    I remember some "TV" button in the menu at very low beginning.
    Also scheduled race following sro in place of current special events. Agree

9. quelus

quelus Rookie

I am not sure if GT3 is a niche. I think it is one of the most popular series in iR as well as in other sims.
    We also have GT4 comming, which is additional series + multi class possibility.
    Some people prefer a focus on single series (including myself) - better less with higher quality and detail than more with questionable simulation aspect.

I actually wouldn't mind paying a subscription here.
    Obviously they have to maintain the servers and keep it updated etc, they cant work for free.
    They could introduce subscription, it would be still much cheaper than iR because you dont have to buy every car and track. Value for money would be way greater in ACC.

And ofc the current mutltiplayer could remain free for those who are not interested.
    Its a win-win. And win for Kunos as they would earn much more with such pricing :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.