1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is a formula wheel worth it

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by David Danser, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

Have bmw and f1 rim... I use the bmw rim exclusively for acc.... I prefer the extra weight for making the ffb a little less brittle... it feels more like rubber flex coming through. Prefer the formula rim for single seaters and prototype stuff where in rl the feel is much more directly connected to the road.

2. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Just bought it, it looks awesome indeed, and with all those buttons :) but... I have to say, I am not really pleased with it! Its really small, specially compared to my old McLaren GT3 wheel (and I sold it :( , will have to buy it back). I have a hard time to put my fingers, specially the little one, they have to be behind the wheel, since the lower whole is too small to put 3 in there. And its really annoying.
    [​IMG]

3. earlyapex

earlyapex Hardcore Simmer

get the open ended one if you can, the limited edition.

4. Stains

Stains Simracer

@Mitja Bonca
    I put my index finger and middle finger in the paddle shifters so only my ring finger and pinky are in the small lower hole. Works well for me , I wouldn't like to have to put my pinky out like you have. Try my way of two fingers on paddle and see if that feels any better!

5. David Danser

David Danser Racer

yeah I do the same, never noticed the small size.. I am really happy with it.

6. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Can`t do it that way really. Feels so awkward to me. Will get used to my technique, I think I already did. thx anyway mate.

Stains likes this.
  7. Stains

Stains Simracer

Turns out I use my middle finger and ring finger in the paddle and my pinky in the lower hole and pointer finger touching near my thumb, lol
    IMG_20201120_181252.jpg

8. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

You still use the default paddles, while I have Premium, with 3 paddles on each side, so that means even less room for fingers. And really can't have 2 fingers on the shifter paddle, it feels so awekward, since when turing my hand up wrist goes way higher then going my way (with 1 finger on paddle) it just makes me having no control of the wheel, and of the car eventually. Strange, but thats how it is. Why they did so small wheel, it could easily be same size as Mclaren, and there would't be any issues. It is what it is.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    Stains likes this.
  9. Turk

Turk Alien

It would be great if Fanatec would do more licensed wheels. The McLaren wheel inspired a lot of confidence when buying because I knew it was designed by actual race engineers.

10. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

+1 The formula rim is 3cm too narrow. I think it would be well worth Fanatec producing a larger version which would be far better for GT cars and still suitable for LMP/Formula's.

I've been tempted to get a podium hub and a cube formula rim but at 28.3cm I'm worried that will still be too narrow

11. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

I really didn`t know its that small and that I will have so many issues with it. If I would, I surely wouldn`t buy it. But now it is, what it is. I will have it for some time, until something better comes out.
    I hope Fanatec reads forums, so they will decide what to do best for thier next project for this level of racing.
    There is something else that bothers me, if I`m sincere, despite many, many buttons on it, they are badly organized, personally I would do it much better - it wouldn`t hurt to look how real F1 wheels are made.
    That I don`t talk about bad quality of rocker switches and "too soft thumb encoders". Btw, I saw some video how to increase the tension for those 2 encoders, will try to find it.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    Stains likes this.