1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is AC becoming to be the SIM of all SIM?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Cote Dazur, May 29, 2020.

1. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

To me, no other SIM come close to AC in filling ( virtually) all my SIM driving fantasy.

I have, (and still do but less and less) driven all other SIM.
    In the past I have preferred other SIM for different aspect, like for example, I thought PCars2 had better graphic in VR, or night driving, but now with the latest development with CSP and Sol, no other SIM looks "better" to me in VR.
    Sometime I would drive an other title because it had content AC did not have or had a bad version, but this is less and less true as well. AC has everything I ever wish to drive and with the frantic modding activity both with new and reboot mods, the content has reached an incredible level of accuracy and quality.

I totally understand if some one prefer an other title, or even just like the variety, but for me, more and more, it is getting increasingly difficult to indulge in anything else but AC. one exception is ACC, as it does GT3 to an other level, that AC cannot match ( yet).

One factor that helps me wanting to stick to AC is also that switching between titles highlights how they are all "fake".
    To me AC is the closest to real driving but still miles away, even with my "modded" CSR Elite, VR and tactile. Sticking to one title helps me with the immersion since it does not feel "weird" when I start, actually feels natural.

So, it is not like it can only be one, because their is a lot of great options out there, but AC is getting to be such a mammoth of a SIM, getting better and better at warp speed, that all other, for now, are just like "meh" to me.

Thank you to all modders out there for making AC such a fantastic SIM for all of us to enjoy. Long live AC.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Assetto becoming "NO Man's Sky" of my sim world Oct 1, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Becoming better at (sim)racing watching video Aug 8, 2016
    ACC Multiplayer C'MON KUNOS - IT'S BECOMING V-E-R-Y ANNOYING THIS LOBBY SLOWNESS!!!! Jun 10, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Help! Retaliation becoming harassment Apr 17, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer CP Races are becoming a joke Mar 19, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Student to race for BMW team after becoming online champion in AC Nov 2, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Game size on disk is becoming an issue: stock game + dlcs is now 28gb Dec 4, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Mod content becoming official content - helicorsa? Jul 21, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game Lagging out and becoming unresponsive mid race Apr 30, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Becoming a faster driver Apr 9, 2014
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Nordschleife Trophy | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Apr 7, 2024
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G923 with Simucube Pedals Feb 26, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] Sixty Simthings Jan 31, 2024
    ACC General Discussions Aristotelis Vasilakos moves on to new adventures from Kunos Simulazioni Jan 12, 2024
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT3 - USA Sprints | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Nov 7, 2023

3. It is a pretty amazing game.
    I purchased the original then repurchased the edition with all DLC when it went on sale.

Improve the tire temps (or tires in general), sound, and timed AI sessions is all AC lacks.
    All of which can be done by modders yet oddly hasnt been. I would do it myself but too new to AC as a modding platform.

4. Agree, AC with CSP/SOL raises the bar for even modern racing titles while keeping the hardware requirements low completely maxed out with mods.
    I find AC+CSP+SOL is extremely immersive with the right ppfilter, CM tweaks, and a properly calibrated display.
    IMG_20200421_225642_346.jpg
    IMG_20200423_173227_636.jpg

PCARS set a new standard for sim racing visuals but in reality was too "eye-candy" to pass for reality.

iRacing gets a lot of respect for its accuracy but looks outdated for the asking price.... same for RaceRoom tho I would buy all the RRE content instead of a iRacing membership if I did it again.

ACC wears the crown for a modern vanilla racing sim and has become more physically/visually stunning with patching... at a steep cost performance-wise.
    (seems steeper after latest patches)
    20200517145606.png
    Both AC and ACC remain on our systems as our simulations of choice.

5. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Everyone could enjoy what he wants. For me AC is dead. It was my Sim for a long time. ACC felt not really good in the beginning. But after the constant improving of ACC i can not enjoy AC any more. Didnt used it the last weeks. Not a single time.
    FFB - no good, details missing, fake forces - (1 - meh ... 10 outstanding) only 4.
    Graphics are okay - 6.
    Sound is 3. Kills my immersion.
    Setup 2.

Overall it feels not right - 3.

When i start driving with ACC i get goosebumps.
    FFB - 9. So much details, not when you drive slow or overdrive the car. But when you are doing it right its spot on.
    Graphics - 9 - sometimes i have difficulties to remember that its not real.
    Sound 10 - what Luca did is a masterpiece. I see, feel and hear what i am doing. All three together - magic.
    Setup 8 - so much to learn, dont use Motec until now. So much potential to improve the knowledge. Nice.
    Key moment was - with Porsche over top of the hill bathurst - Spun every second lap - undrivable on the limit. With the right setup changes flat out possible. What a blast. Stable Porsche and fun fun fun and improvement and satisfaction.
    Overall 9 - no 10 because many things in the statistics that are not good, but i hope for improvements. The driving, the immersion is outstanding and its improving (since last physics update you can attack the curbs really hard).

Last days i thougt bout closing the chapter AC and deinstall it and all the mods that i loved so much.

We will see.

@Cote Dazur - enjoy, have fun with AC !!

chksix likes this.
  6. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Generally: To each his own. Enjoy what you enjoy, don't feel bad about it, you can't help it anyways :)

AC has steadily gotten better, and Stereos new FFB gyro effects CSP v1.52 brought were another big step in making the driving feel in AC more enjoyable for me. Add to that the constant work being done on SOL and the steady stream of ever more interesting mod cars and tracks there is still a lot of life left for me in AC. It always was my main sim, with nearly 2300 hours playtime.

I do play a lot more AMS2 these days, nearing 100 hours across the beta and ea versions. Having less time to race overall at the moment, I have (for the moment) given up on the other sims I like less, and now switch between AMS2 and AC. ACC ist great in its own right, but it is too competitive for me at this time, if that makes sense? ACC doesn't really facilitate driving around, trying things out, but is much more focused on training and, well, being competitive, and I'd rather have leasurely drives with weird machinery at the moment.

sissydriver likes this.
  7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@Gevatter - thats my only problem with acc - these cars are only made for racing at the limit, you must be focused (or i must be focused) - there is no fun in cruising at bathurst and waiting for kangaroos.

8. GONKO

GONKO Racer

ACC is the best virtual driving experience available commercially right now. It does so much really really well.

rycil and Cote Dazur like this.
  9. baboon

baboon Alien

I think AC is great but not because of mods. CSP/Sol is mostly eyecandy stuff and vanilla AC with DLC offers so much great driving experiences already.

10. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Long Live AC...whilst I don't drive it that much anymore, when I'm in the mood for some cruising, AC is the only place to do it.

I genuinely hope that Kunos have said thank you to the modders behind CM, SOL CSP etc who have done so much to prolong the shelf live of the SIM and which has no doubt resulted in many more copies being sold than would otherwise of been the case...(I'm sure they will have, a bet Kunos themselves cannot believe what has been achieved with their engine!)

Shellhard likes this.
  11. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

While I am sure mods prolong the interest of those who have bought a game, I do wonder how many additional sales they generate. When you buy AC on steam there is nothing about CM or SOL or CSP, and modding comes at the end of a long list of features. Mind you I'm still running the vanilla game. It would be fascinating to find out what influences people to buy the sims they buy.

Snoeipaard likes this.
  12. cooknn

cooknn Alien

AC is one for the ages. But ACC has the potential to be the “Sim of all Sim’s” in my humble opinion. I wish the big money would get behind ACC like John Henry did for iRacing o_O

rycil and SOLID FARRELL like this.
  13. Thats what I am thinking with the ongoing quality support and future DLC content.
    Tho unfortunate events have slowed development.

cooknn likes this.