1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is AC struggling to keep people interested?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Pick, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

This says a lot about rF2 failure, personally i don't touch it for a long time...

And i don't see that changing in a short time, just my thoughts ;)

2. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

For me the game is kind of on hold now for a couple reasons.

1) Yes I want MP, I can't wait for that. I have already put 55 hours into the game and those have been a great 55 hours it's just I've spent enough time hot lapping and a limiting AI (although one that has much potential) is struggling to gain my interest. I will play again this Friday with great anticipation if an improved AI and MP4-12c GT3 comes though + a new track (sadly don't think this will happen). Really would like to drive Spa or Nurburgring GP. Oh or Trento of course although this will probably come v1.0.

2) My gaming interest constantly changes. I don't play racing games exclusively. At the moment my game of choice is Arma 3 (for some reason i tend not to play more than one game at any one time). That being said I will get bored of Arma at some point and I will easily spend another 50 hours or more in AC when MP arrives. Furthermore when v1.0 comes and mods arrives etc I can see myself making this one of my most played games ever. Easily.

But my time and attention will easily return to this game in the not to distant future.

3. @Rui Santos I don't touch rf2 because it hurts my eyes and feels like driving on ice...not near as bad as that expensive rental sim but still not quite right IMO....it does have potential though...I also struggle with playing more than one driving sim at a time....but is it actually a failure considering we both have given them our money?

With no MP, sketchy AI, landmines, and no new content in close to a month its no wonder that there is a bit of a lull in interest right now. Also, for the handful of us Americans Speedweeks at Daytona kick off in less than 48 hours so count real racing as yet another distraction.

Rui Santos likes this.
  4. panosdimp

panosdimp Gamer

Hi
    I agree so much with you in every sentence the only difference is that i play race on instead of GSC2013.So i have a question is GSC a good game with nice multiplayer sessions like race series or better, because lately servers are empty here in race series(simbin).

5. Formula Truck (from same team that make GSC series) is amazing :) but on-line is ghost town :(

6. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

I own BeamNG, Next Car Game and Assetto Corsa, all 3 are now on steam and early access (except BeamNG) and i didnt played BeamNG and NCG, because i am waiting for updates.
    Most Player just wait for new stuff, because MP is missing like everyone stated.
    plaid no need to overdo with words. Your opinion is okay, but no need to write **** - **** all the time.

7. I didn't have much spare time right now. So, since I participate in a championship with lfs, I'm focusing on that at the moment.
    I will return to play AC as soon as I have enough free time ;)

8. I will be buying BeamNG this weekend and I also own Next Car Game but don't play it. LOL It will be awesome a few months from now though...

Shaddix likes this.
  9. Racing is all about MP (or 90%) for me. I havent touched AC for a while, since I participate in a GSC13 League with weekly races (Rubens Barrichello and serveral other professional racing drivers are there too) and it's unbelievably fun. Once you start racing with friends in a good league, AI and hotlaping gets boring pretty quickly. I know people here are waiting for AC 1.0 with top notch MP so it can replace GSC in most league races.
    I just hope AC comes with (or the modding comunity provides) a good system to run and manage leagues.

10. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

Lack of MP right now has me bored, that and the landmines and poor AI. Want some fun online with REAL people.

11. Its' normal that interest went down, it will skyrocket when MP is released.

I find it strange that AI got higher priority over MP.

Rui Santos likes this.
  12. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

Maybe for the point you made regarding the interest skyrocketing with MP. If they released MP first then they wouldn't probably get so much feedback for the AI.

Anuj likes this.
  13. plaid

plaid Alien

Its written quite often, that AI is actually a important point for many if not the most of the buyers.
    Besides AI is good to test the performance for hardware with multiple cars on the track, the implementation of damage and overall optimizing.
    So at the point the MP arrives it runs well (tendencially). :)

UOPshadow likes this.
  14. BugA

BugA Racer

I find it strange too, for me MP is as important (or maybe more) as good physics. But if MP would have been released instead of AI, Kunos would have had surely much less feedback from us (how much people would play AI if MP was out? I don't think many people would), what means a worse AI in final release. In Kunos position I can understand that.

Anuj likes this.
  15. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

I'm playing just as much as I ever have, dividing my time between AC and GSC2013. But I don't seem to be the only one who looks forwards to the Friday updates, I think there's still a lot of interest in AC.

Some of the comments I've seen on other forums suggest some people are waiting to see how AI develops, how full race weekends will work, damage and MP. Also the fact that people are still playing and making new tracks and cars for GPL after 15+ years shows how important modding is going to be in keeping up interest.

16. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

It would have been suicidal for Kunos to release MP before AI. They still have some fine tuning to do on AI regarding physics and collision boxes, which of course will effect MP. How will your car react when you bump someone else on a virtual track? If it's anything like 0.6.0 AI then there would be an uproar from this forum.

They also have to implement damage, not to mention CPU and GPU optimisation. They must at least get all of this right before giving us MP because MP will bring its own problems to solve.

Be patient.....

Kyo, Anuj, Nahkamarakatti and 3 others like this.
  17. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Hi, I did not manage to send you a private mail, your settings limit access.

I don't know, I have no interest in MP, sorry. Ask at simHQ maybe!? As I said, I was after the Norschleife, and the mods in GTR2 were no option after getting a taste of AC - with having driven AC, I just cannot go back to the physics and feeling of GTR2, although its AI is almost benchmark for me. I tied Race07 on a cheap deal with Steam, but while the Nordschleife looks okay, the game lacks in so many regards and the cars feel so disappointing to drive, that I abandoned it soon. I then reinstalled nKpro, which of course is a good experience, but by now looks hopelessly dated, so does the Nordschleife mod for it. In a discussion at steam forums somebody debated with somebody else about AC and GSC, and that got my interest. Google investigation showed that it seems to be a decent sim, award winning in its earlier versions, and 2013 edition labelled as the best use of the old ISI engine ever. For 19 bucks, I said to myself, its worth a try.

It indeed is surprisingly good - a real secret tip. Physics are convincing and handling the cars deliver a solid experience of driving, though AC is superior in both regards. Mostly unknown tracks from Brazil, including Interlagos in several versions. stock cars, Formula 3, Minis, Camaro, simple old Opel - and Karts, which come out as a real winner. Grrrreat fun to ride these tiny things, and very different to normal cars, you have to approach it very differently.

The Nordschleife is a conversion (legal!) from an rF mod, and it is the best looking and best-feeling, truly bumpy (where it should be) recreation of the Nordschleife I have ever seen, with nice trackside scenery at night (fires, light chains, camping vans etc). So to me, the experimet is fully successful there.

There is also a nice conversion from the rF mod for the Transfagarasan pass road, 23 kilometers, think of it as a hillclimb, if you don'T know it, it always makes for a very great street ride. In reality, a sensational track - I would love to see Kunos doing it for AC.

The AI is okay when duelling, but once they got past you, they push the (simulation-included) push-to-pass button and leave you in the dust, I had to reduce it very much. But does not matter, I am about doinmg the Nordschleife and the karts anyway.

For the price, you cannot do much wrong there. It's not AC, but it really delivers fair quantity and quality for 19 Euros. I will stay with its Nord mod until Kunos has done it for AC, then abandon it most likely. To me, it all is because of the Nordschleife.

Rubens Barrichello on it (use subtitles on!): (I just like that language by the sounds of it).

Nord:

Karts:

And I think I now have stressed the moderator's patience enough. As I said: PM did not work.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  18. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

you dont play demos for ever, AC in reality is just a demo.

Rui Santos likes this.
  19. Personally I am continue playing because MP isn't a very big demand to me, I keep crashing into others so I feel guilty all the time :oops:

Mogster likes this.
  20. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

[​IMG]