1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is AC struggling to keep people interested?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Pick, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

In some way this is very right and i agree, AC is a great simulator but lots of things missing which makes it look like a demo.

The lack of immersion, auto pit limiter or static gauges for example gives me the impression i'm playing an arcade game with lots of "auto" options...

2. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

i didnt mean my post in a bad way (for the guy who fp me)

it is what it is, and at the moment all we can do is drive a handful of cars around a handful of tracks.. theres no substance the AI needs improving so thats not worth touching at the moment. What it does do vo is give the MP fanatics (not me im Sp player) time to practice their track lines and times.

For the demolition derby that is online...

3. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Its not ac's fault people are loosing interest.. Its the people who have a too short attention span.. There is lots to do in ac.. Stuff that would take you 100's of hours..

Put a pb in for each car/track combo.
    Put time into car/track combo and try get in the top 30, 20 or even top 10.
    Put a time in for the pro ranks.
    Do some drifting.
    Skin some cars.
    Make some videos.
    Do ai racing (although id let you off that one)

Id put money on it that all these ppl complaining about ac not offering them enough to keep them interested havent even driven all the cars yet !

Ive only just got over 100hrs into ac atm an ive not even tickled the surface on the car/track combos.

4. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Put a pb in for each car/track combo. MAYBE
    Put time into car/track combo and try get in the top 30, 20 or even top 10. NOT INTERESTED
    Put a time in for the pro ranks. NOT INTERESTED
    Do some drifting. NOT INTERESTED
    Skin some cars. NOT INTERESTED
    Make some videos. NOT INTERESTED
    Do ai racing (although id let you off that one) DEFINITLEY BUT STILL NO SUBSTANCE

mistery likes this.
  5. If none of that interest you why the hell did you buy an early access copy?

6. Christopher Pick

Christopher Pick Hardcore Simmer

This post is obviously close to the bone, I really hope the community is still here, silently watching, waiting to pounce on a truly great driving experience. I don't think the paid DLC is a viable option on a reduced audience and you don't want to reduce the audience by introducing a paid DLC. (but that's another topic). Just caught up with the last episode of TopGear!!!! Mclaren P1 OMG. AC is the only way i'm going to get to drive one. I've also put in 100 hours so far on this title, and have driven all the cars.

Anuj and Rui Santos like this.
  7. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

oh here we go

i like driving race sims... and when have i ever said i lost interest i just said demos dont keep interest for ever. I still play mine on/off

8. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

I cant reply to this in a civil manor .

9. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

try your best :)

10. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

If its good people will come..

11. shogel

shogel Racer

The topic it useless. It isn't a full version. Most important thing (MP) isn't out yet. Whats the point in making such nonsense topics ? :/

Anuj, ChrisR and MsportDAN like this.
  12. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

No, i got banned last time i opened my mouth without a filter on it so im just gunna keep quiet..

Anuj, cooknn and MsportDAN like this.
  13. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

look mate i can see by your sig your a kinda guy that likes to show how fast and good he is to others.. Thats fair enough i couldnt personally give a flying **** how fast or good you are?! I like to play a quite/intense race against some (i hope challenging) ai, for an hour or two, then carry on with my life..

Everyones different - respect that.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
    mistery and Rui Santos like this.
  14. Rui Santos

I'm also no interested in anything posted above or unlocking achievements, as i play in 4 online championships in rFactor at Race2Play i'll stick for that now, when MP comes to AC and some championships are on i definitely will play it seriously ;)

15. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Fair do's.

MsportDAN likes this.
  16. Skybird

Skybird Alien

The words "EARLY ACCESS" and the explanation of the concept for the product release were written right across it all from all beginning on. Then to compare "Early Access" to a sim that is "Full Release", is like comparing a coffee grinder to a hot and sweet Espresso.

Shaddix likes this.
  17. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

I have no issues with h
    I have zero issues with how you play a game, but the title of the thread is about ac loosing peoples interest.. When infact just like you proved with your post its not ac who is loosing the interest of the gamer, its the gamer who isnt really that interested with what ac has to offer..

I posted examples of what you can do in ac, if like yourself you are not interested in it fine.. But its not ac's fault.

18. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

As per seemingly almost everyone else, I'm waiting on MP. There's only so much time I can spend lapping an empty track with no race goal in mind, and racing against the AI (especially in its current state) doesn't do it for me.

19. Rui Santos

Full release will not be much different from what it is now, or have many features that aren't there now, except some optimizations and MP, so you just revealed that you don't read a lot about what's going on with AC...

20. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

never said it was AC fault, again i said the Early access is what it is.. a handful of tracks and cars and some ai (that arent fully developed) Im pleased with whats been produced so far, and again as i said i still play it on/off. But ill be lying if i said that the whole AC early access thing hasn't worn off for me.

I might not put as many hours as you do into it, but the time i play it i still want realism and challenge.

Its priority, and for me i would like a challenging AI and some great cars and tracks and a season mode, you on the other hand like a game like forza with liveries... vids and proving yourself against the world.... shall KUNOS chuck a storefront in there for ya too :)