1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is AC struggling to keep people interested?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Pick, Feb 13, 2014.

1. alex72

alex72 Alien

Im sure a lot of casuals bought the sim too and left because it wasnt their cup of tea. Seen it before with sims, but AC had more impact due to Steam so it probably attracted far more of them. The sim community isnt that big and casuals dont like to put in a lot of time (dont have time, dont want to put in time).

Also, people wait for MP as said.

Kristaps likes this.
  2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

I am mostly worried i may get to used to a build and something might change, heck the otm vs the new one took a good bit of adjustment.

That and i am up against some personal walls and a bit of decompression is good when you get there get a fresh look at stuff.

Still try to get on and drive for a bit each day, but the 20 and 30 lap marathon sessions are fewer. throw down a few laps in hotlap mode see if i got a groove going or not if not sometimes i switch cars sometimes i go do other things.

New updates and mod tools will liven things up, by 1.0 i would expect a fairly lively community around the game. especially if by march we do have MP and maybe damage. then the only real big thing left for the core community is mod tools, and the single player stuff will draw in the gran turismo and forza people, how well the single player is done and how easy multiplayer is to get into will translate into retention.

and as the mod scene kicks off and really gets going it could very well explode if the rfactor and other race mod scenes hop to assetto corsa to develop their mod series and tracks.

mistery likes this.
  3. There is so much fail in this one sentence I don't even know where to begin....

RelapseUK and Shaddix like this.
  4. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

im sure forza and Gt was aimed at MP players .... storefronts paint job exchanging etc etc..

sp was so crap no one went near it..

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

In your opinion sp is crap in many others opinions sp is very important especially the forza and gran turismo players opinions single player is very important because not many of the people that buy those games spend much if any time in multiplayer them.....

the numbers for each of those games shows that, there is nowhere near the number of people online racing in either vs number of units sold or people playing those games at any given time.

Its why the devs have talked specifically about that....

Now the reason why they played them the mind numbing grind vs the joy of the game and the engrossing racing now that is where those games have always been weak not showing much in the way of real ai to gt just having cars that followed a strict path around a track and you just bull charged your way up the field profit.

But in gran turismo 5 most of the time i was playing was lapping on the ring or trying to beat the red bull challenges. all basically hotlapping vs racing. online i generally had open track sessions with friends rather than raced.

UOPshadow likes this.
  6. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

he said 'the' single player was crap not single player is crap..

very different.

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

My bad knee jerk reaction i guess used to people dogging on sp i guess.

I humbly apologize.

8. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

I'm talking about solid things and features, despite MP, career mode what will you get? Weather? A awesome damage system? Pit stops? Day/night transitions? So tell me because i read in lots of places it won't be there when 1.0 is released, so not much different from what you get now, am i wrong?

xSYOx likes this.
  9. plaid

plaid Alien

I think the "career" in Forza really isnt good, cause it just feel like one single-race after the other and the part with the money only got influence on how much cars you can buy.
    And there is the point where the motivation is generated and leads to an "MMORPG"-effect, where you dont play for gameplay but to archive something, without getting really something.
    At least I didnt have much fun with the feeling/physics and just started to drove to "get more...whatever", where I stopped and never touched it again. Besides the AI isnt exciting.

In games the event of a race is often not simulated, so everything around the cars is mostly dead and there is not much that connect the races in a championship and connect the champ.'s with the overall career. I think Race Driver 2 was good in bring some of the event and character in it that evoke emotions/let you care.
    Other options would be some relevant management of money (/team/parts) and more relevance of setups.
    And an AI that is good.

Regarding AC:

I think the game could still need some marketing.

The presence on gamer-sites (news) is still really low, no commercial appearings and with a small community the effect of knowing it from someone lese.
    Im somehow suprised it did so well, not cause missing quality, just marketing. Steam was probably the right choice.

My first sights was 1. a picture that looked pretty, but there are many pretty race-games, arcade or sim and a reaction like "ah, shooter 2344254353, ok...".
    From a sometimes-sim-player point of view I wasnt aware of its existence, before I thought about looking for a sim on the PC, that doesnt look like from around 2000 and isnt Forza or GT.
    I think there is still some potential in selling more copies and hope with the release the title will become more visible.

At the moment the title was mainly worthy for me, cause of JP in combo with the E30 DTM and 458 S3 and some rounds.
    This shows the potential of the game can offer, which arent in the focus and the game didnt get buyed for in most cases.

Plus, physics are often something you have to experience, so a bit of more fancy side to attract people who dont search specifily for great physics, so sim-racers etc..

10. plaid

plaid Alien

Thats definitly a point, for some it depends on what you wait, MP, Trento and Spa and/or Modding, to get more/better tracks.
    Regarding modding I dont know what to expect, but happy about the street and hillclimb-tracks.
    And there is allready a alternative sky, even without rain.
    You can do some different things with the game, just the content is rather small.

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

I wholly agree it could use more especially game site coverage, escapist ign get some press releases out do a few interviews.

escapist should be dead easy to submit stuff to they take just bout anything :p.

12. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Player numbers going up and down is pretty normal for beta stage game. I personally play mostly GSC2013 atm as it's more feature rich, and all in all great and under rated sim imo, than AC right now.
    I test every new build of AC when they come out. But when race weekend comes available I'm sure I'll start playing AC much more.

13. plaid

plaid Alien

Problem is, that often you dont got a person in the reviewer-teams that like AND can play (HC)-sims, besides the really big magazines often just focus on AAA-titles.
    In a german magazine the reviewer couldnt get his setup right for AC and didnt seem to have much of a clue.
    In 2 other magazines the reviewers were totally bad in Dark Souls, which didnt hold them off reviewing it.
    I just read rockpapershotgun and watch on metacritic's, anyway, but didnt miss the 2 examples of what they call game-journalism. :D

14. IGN will only acknowledge AC if Kunos sends a check big enough to buy a car license or two with it...How many "game review journalists types" do you think have a sim rig or even a wheel and pedals and know how to set them up, much less use them. I know that if I was reviewing AC and using a gamepad it would read very different than using my wheel....just imagine somebody that has a hard time with NFS trying.....actually there are youtube vids by guys that didn't spend thirty seconds between downloading the game and hitting record and the results are cringe worthy at best.

Considering hotlapping is the only thing we have right now (and a kinda working but kinda not special event and ai) I would say that a complete AC with MP, decent AI, optimized code, quick race weekends, and "story mode" along with three or four more tracks and a dozen or so more cars is VERY different than the version of the game we have right now. Not to mention a few months later when mods (good and bad) start getting released and we find out what the next "feature" to be implemented is.....I have seen Kunos say that "soft road physics" i.e. dirt and gravel are on his 2014 wishlist and you would have to think that pit stops would be among the first features to be worked on.

15. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Weather - never said it will be included in V1.0 so no need to make big hopes and get disappointed
    Damage - is implemented, no need of softbody system or what u have in your mind. Your extremly good PC cant even handle it then.
    Pit Stops - same like weather and it will be added later i think
    day/night - answer given by dev --> new rewrite of code.

But it was clear what you will get and which things not. Now saying its a demo is unfair, because its clearly stated as Early Access.

16. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

I was just trying to prove that the final game will not be so different from what it is now...

17. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

For v1 I may agree, but then v1 sounds to me as a new start for further things to come :)
    Obviously, MP will be a major change nonetheless.

18. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

tbh.. content and features aside.. if the MP is crap AC will die quite quick..

Rui Santos likes this.
  19. muckymu

muckymu Simracer

Let's hope for the best, not the worst ;)

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

On a gaming staff i would find it unusual to not have someone with some amount of sim experience even if it is fairly basic. And it sure should not be hard to hire one if your lacking to cover stuff like this that is pc and is game related.