1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is it time to be honest and critical about ac?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Snoopy, Mar 13, 2015.

1. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

It's possibly because there are that many threads including this one that have the same point to it that he didn't feel it necessary to have another thread on the subject. If the OP had bothered searching the forum a little he'd have seen this thread and could have commented here, in a little less aggressive manor.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

How can you take that thread as something aggressive?

3. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Well ok, there are/were more annoying posts than that. But anyway we should not start a discussion about moderator decisions and so on. This leads to nothing like we all know. Providing that the most of us are familiar with the netiquette, I would say lets talk about cars instead.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  4. Sakai

Sakai Simracer

What moderaters usually do is they merge similar threads, not get pissed because people didn't express their opinions the way they wanted them to. And this thread is about AC itself. It makes sense to create another if you want to criticise Kunos.

Vítor Sousa and youwerelucky like this.
  5. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

It's his general tone, and making demands.
    We all know we've been waiting a while for the latest updates but demanding answers won't speed things up any, as has been said many times before.

nonnex likes this.
  6. nonnex

nonnex Alien

@Sakai: Sorry but your Signature is so prominent sized that I must ask what has slicedbread todo with AC? I miss the point.

7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

@AC Support
    Please open a sticky trash bin threat for all those who want to complain/rant/object/whine/etc in a hopeless/inappropriate way.
    Psychohygiene.

8. Sakai

Sakai Simracer

victor86 likes this.
  9. nonnex

nonnex Alien

@Ace Pumpkin : lol yeah, like the "Something awful Forums" where a brown sea exists where all the posts ends that are "not well written" The OP user gets a tag then for a while and smells like.... hehe

@Sakai: Oh ok, I'm not a native speaker so, I was not familiar with that. thx.

10. plaid

plaid Alien

Are threads about other sims and fans of AC included? I mean for psychohygiene.

11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I can see what he means though that we need to rely on information from gaming magazines/blogs. It seems like it is confirmed which cars that will be in the game with the bonus DLC but nothing about it here on the forum.
    That he used the word angry might be because he is german and it he didnt mean angry as in "smashing my wall angry" but more like upset.

Sakai and Vítor Sousa like this.
  12. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

And Kevin is from The Netherlands where they don't mince their words ;)

13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I didn't mean to pillory someone....But as I think of it
    For shure! And we all gonna end up there from time to time, having a party with Michael Hornbuckle. :D

nonnex likes this.
  14. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Yeah could be, written text can't transport the expression that allows the audience to understand how to take this or another statement if someone is not used or skilled in writing.

As a thirds German I can say that a written "angry" from a German does not express the same as for other languages. Its more an "upset" state of mood, just a bit "pissy" (angepisst) not more not less ;)

15. youwerelucky

youwerelucky Racer

This is no class and we are not here to be lectured but to express our opinions in a respectful way. The thread title was not well chosen ("Fed up...") and the poster avatar is not very appealing but the post was legit. I bet the majority of us that post here are grown ups and we resent being treated like kids needing discipline. Moderation is needed but I like Luca's approach much more. Besides I strongly distrust fans of authoritarianism, maybe I am being unruly...

16. nonnex

nonnex Alien

How I have said. Just "Not well written". But thats not a critic about the content, its about the packing.
    It's just like in the real world, right?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  17. youwerelucky

youwerelucky Racer

Right, and your comment is right for both sides (OP and moderator)

18. nonnex

nonnex Alien

"maybe" true. ;)

19. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

It is not a class per say, agreed, but we are here to learn, from each other and from Kunos, so keeping a serene and respectful climate is better than allowing Chaos.

I am not a fan of authoritarianism either. I believe in balance, which is what I think the moderator in this forum are using, they let most people go well beyond being constructive before the hammer is used.

As for the majority of us being grown up, I guess you are referring to our age and that we are supposed to be and act like grown ups. Maybe we should all make an extra effort to act more like grown ups, and then we might not even know who the moderators are.:)
    Although I am fairly active on this forum, I have never been addressed by a moderator in reference to what I wrote, have you?;)

Ace Pumpkin and nonnex like this.
  20. nonnex

nonnex Alien

@Ace Pumpkin : LoL, missed that one and read it just now. +1 for this and Michael for this laught. Great.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.