1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is there a depository for times of various cars on various tracks in AC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Bob Peirce, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I tend to drive the same tracks in the same cars. AC lets me know if I am doing better or not, but I always wonder what I ought to be doing. I'm no alien. IRL I'm 10-15% slower than the best drivers. That doesn't sound like much but if a top driver can lap a track in 100 seconds, I'm not going to be able to do it in less than 110. Nevertheless, I would like to know what other folks are doing. Then I'll have some idea how far off I am. Trying to improve is meaningless without that.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Sum of intermediate times is wrong Apr 6, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Console VS PC - lap times Dec 16, 2023
    ACC User Interface warnings and tyres type on times table Nov 3, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Lap times and SA assistance please Jul 11, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4 Fatal Error at random times during driving Apr 22, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards lap times RESET Mar 8, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions lap times 1.8 Oct 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Crash Game [GPU times out and hangs] Jul 9, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game goes back to desktop at random times. w11 , 3080 12gb May 16, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting How (un)precise is the delta... And the laptimes ? Mar 31, 2022
    ACC Physics Audi R8 evo 1 throtle stuck sometimes Mar 25, 2022
    General modding discussion Panel to see the opponent's times Mar 18, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Lap times not working? Mar 17, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Lap times.. Mar 8, 2022
    ACC Physics AI Laptimes Jan 30, 2022

3. André57

André57 Racer

4. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

This is fantastic. It isn't exhaustive but close enough. I bookmarked it. I drive a couple of mod tracks and cars, but the AC coverage is enough to get me in the ballpark.

One interesting thing I noticed is they have VIR, which is a mod track. I'm surprised Watkins Glenn is missing.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  5. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

Wow. I've had a chance to look at some of these results. I know I'm 15% slower than a top real driver in a real car, but it is more like 20% vs. these guys in the sim. Still, I can use that. It gives me a target. I just have to accept I'm not that quick. But I have fun!!

6. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

Just thought of something. On street cars I use street tires and recommended pressure with no mods. Is that what these guys do? For more track oriented cars I use the default tire and pressure, also without mods.

Checking further my results seem to be somewhat track oriented. For example, I did a 2:28 at Spa in the 911RSR and that's only 10% off the 2:13 record. OTOH, I'm way, way off on the Nordschleife.

7. Max Veloce

Max Veloce Racer

if you hover over the red i on the right side of the rankings list it shows you what tyres / session type and perhaps most importantly , track conditions were used to set the time. A lot of the best times are now run with very low temps which is always worth a good chunk of time...

8. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I'm in a similar situation as you. Maybe worse. I've been driving in Asssetto Corsa for 4 years, I think. I'm still nowhere near the top drivers in terms of lap times. I've accepted long ago that I probably never will be. Like you, I've driven certain courses over and over. I know where the fastest line is, but I can't find a way to be as smooth and fluid with my steering, braking & accelerating that I need to be. Take a track like Nordschleife. Just being 2-3 tenths of a second slower on average through almost every corner adds up to many, many seconds off a good time. And that's not even comparing ourselves to the top RSR times. There's a reason why the very top 1% of drivers are called Aliens. :eek:

Have fun...Stick with it. And learn to get on the brakes a teeny-tiny bit later than normal. Or, learn how to get back onto the throttle a little bit sooner than you do currently. It almost seems impossible, but those things are where average drivers, like you and I lose time each lap.

Good luck!

Kaktus10 likes this.
  9. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I found if I click on the name of the person posting the lap in Stats->World Records it takes me to a detail page where that info is available. Thanks. Unfortunately it turns out to not be as helpful as I had hoped.

Data for the Porsche 718 Boxster/PDK at Laguna Seca, for example, only shows two entries on street tires (over 30 on semi-slicks), the best being 1:43. I saw a video of Randy Pobst taking a 718 around Laguna Seca in 1:40, which for me, would equate to about 1:35 in the sim. The best I've done is 1:48, not even close. Nevertheless, it is a start and much better than nothing, and your tip will help me to refine that further.

Although I use street tires on street cars, maybe I SHOULD use semi-slicks to generate a better comparison. I think they are the default, but I'm not really sure what they are meant to represent. I use whatever the default settings happen to be on everything else so the temp knowledge may be helpful. I haven't reached the point where that has even been a consideration.

On track oriented cars I do use the default tires, so comparisons may be more useful there. Unfortunately, I am not likely ever to drive them IRL.