1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is there a method for reporting drivers intentionally wrecking ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Orne, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Orne

Orne Alien

Username is prodigy_s

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes ac.addOnClickedListener with class method Sep 8, 2019
    General modding discussion Method for making precise blueprints May 28, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Best collision avoiding method in your opinion Apr 7, 2017
    XBox One Discussions Shifting method issue? Sep 10, 2016
    Console Lounge Shifting method issue.. Sep 9, 2016
    XBox One Discussions Bug report: switching control method deletes advanced settings Sep 3, 2016
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Easy methods to vary aero and grip between cars? Jul 21, 2016
    General modding discussion terrain topology accuracy best method? Feb 21, 2016
    Sounds modding Help with upshift wobble using the 123 method Jan 12, 2016
    Tracks modding Cameras.ini : editing tv cameras, better method ?? Nov 9, 2015
    Tracks modding Method open section a-b start/finish Nov 7, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Programming off track penalties - a scenario based analysis of 6 methods Dec 30, 2014
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Ac accepts no input ingame [had selected xbox360 input method instead of wheel] Nov 21, 2014
    Tracks modding Which method to create the track? Jun 9, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues add 16x multisample or better antialiasing method for ati Apr 24, 2014

3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

LeDude83 likes this.
  4. Orne

Orne Alien

This was the third incident, I missed the others before remembering I could record using Shadowplay... Thanx for the info

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yes, go to the thread Ace mentioned and post the video evidence + explanation there. Chances are high that several admins will put wreckers on their blacklists.

Your video is unconclusive to me, though. Who is wrecking...the guy blocking and pushing out the other or the guy divebombing in the end?

6. Easy

Easy Racer

Exactly, for me the guy at the end is wrecking and the other thing is very hard blocking.

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Looked again so edit:
    It can be a insecure driver that try to "defend".

8. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

It was an MR server (at least it has that info in its name) so he will be D in no time. If he already isn't. That rear end at 0:52 wasn't necessary though, especially that your MR grade will get hit (pun not intended) because of it too. To be honest I'd just quit the server.

9. The guy in the red Ferrari is clearly deliberately driving slowly, and blocking Orne. He then deliberately knocks him off the track, and does the same to the next driver. If that isn't wrecking, then I don't know what is. As for Orne bumping him out of the way at the end, you can hardly blame him. That idiot was spoiling the race for everyone behind him. Yes, I know that we should never resort to copying a wrecker's behaviour (and I never do), but that isn't the point. Orne no doubt did this out of frustration because a wrecker was blocking the track and reducing what should be an exciting public server race to a farce.

AmorFati, donShere, liakjim and 2 others like this.
  10. Orne

Orne Alien

The guy in the dark red Ferrari was intentionally slowing down on the track, driving below race speeds, blocking and ramming other drivers off the course.

11. Orne

Orne Alien

I wasnt trying to ram the guy, just driving the course as normal. He made the decision to slam on the brakes before the apex causing me to rear end. Its quite clear he spun the black Ferrari out.

I guess folks see what they wanna see.. shrug..

Christopher Low likes this.
  12. Orne

Orne Alien

Insecure driver defending ? Kinda like Nico Rosburg? I guess the guy in the red 458 had a brake by wire failure... lolz. No problem for me to go back to racing the AI offline. Online is clearly not worth the hassle and aggravation.

13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

No, I agree with you actually...I was focused on the fight between you two but he clearly pulled the police car manouvre on the black Ferrari. After taking another look your braking point also seemed sort of ok...maybe a tad late but I wouldn't blame you if that had been the case ;)

Guy deserves a temporary ban IMO. If he returns fair it's good, otherwise perma-ban.

14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Please join ALOOG 1 server. It's not always crowded but between 5 and 9 pm chances are high. If you join the thread here on the forum and say "Gonna go race now." chances are even higher that the people will follow and server will be packed after a short time. There are lots of guardians so most likely one will be present. Also, it's MR AB only.

snyperal likes this.
  15. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

LOL... you are joking right o_O

Blatantly obvious numpty, the state of his paintwork is enough to tell you that, and he's painfully aware that anyone running into the back of him is going to suffer wrt their MR.

Sadly @Orne there have always and always will be ***-hats like this in on-line racing. MR has done a great deal to improve the situation but it's all too easy to go and recover their rating and then go out and do it all again. You just have to find the right servers with the right people on them running the content you like to run. There aren't many places like that and that is why I rarely run AC any more. A crying shame as it's one hell of a simulator. Good luck out there, the guys at Aloog are good but there ain't much more to go at out there. At least the AI are improving.

To be honest, you just have to read 90% of the posts on this forum to understand the type of people that you will meet when you venture on-line :rolleyes:

16. Orne

Orne Alien

Oddly I really enjoy just making laps at various tracks in AC sometimes with and without the AI. The driving experience is so well done I'm happy most of the time just driving the various cars, learning their nuances as well as the nuances of the courses.

17. Orne

Orne Alien

I really appreciate the invite. I will check you guys out! Thank you!

chalminho, LeDude83 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  18. I wasn't intending to suggest that you deliberately rammed him, but I didn't explain myself properly. Sorry about that. Please don't give up racing online. I have lost count of the number of times that I have been rammed/shunted/side swiped/blocked/wrecked on public servers, but I always want to come back! I do tend to lose my cool more than I should when this happens (and I am working on trying to correct that, although it is extremely difficult for me). Nevertheless, I have also had lots of really good and exciting online races (and that includes ABC and ABCD servers), so that's why I never give up. I just enjoy the good times too much!!

EDIT: Consider this the start of a petition to get Sleeper Service back online ;)

After_Midnight and snyperal like this.
  19. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

It'll happen sooner or later. Just really busy work wise atm and just about to start 5 days of 12 hour shifts and I've got my sister and her mad springer to entertain this weekend and into the bank holiday. I am missing AC currently but there's more to it than being your cannon fodder ;)

20. basjaski

basjaski Gamer

Another one:

http://plays.tv/video/57cf2eeb6b35b15879/crasher-noob

He was harassing others the whole time as well... You can see me already checking who was coming out of the pit as I was worried it was him. I was well into the lead and this guy comes out of the pit purely to crash me out. After I retired he hit the guy in 2nd place as well, wrecked his car...Guy plays as Janosch Merl. Tried to contact server admin but couldn't find a site or facebook group

Christopher Low and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  21. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I remember that name in combination with that behaviour!