1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Is there a problem with assetto corsa - setup/handling/physics post 1.2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, Aug 11, 2015.

1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Firstly dont take this post the wrong way

Is there a global problem here, or is it a handful of cars, me like a few other members are now confused that its either the whole sim, a few cars or simply us driving these cars wrong. Theres numerous braking issues being commented, differential settings, default setups issues arising.
    This is not a bashing thread and not for publicity i just want to know where ACs at right now, maybe that we have to learn to drive these cars, or it could be down to the physics (whatever) engine and could be whole waste of time learning something that could change again?!

i know things are being looked at but if Kunos could let us know ASAP (im sure you will) please... we would like some clarification if its us or the sim.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Steering wheels discussions assetto corsa steering wheel problem Mar 7, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds I am having a problem with my G29 wheel only in assetto corsa Feb 20, 2022
    Chit Chat Room assetto corsa online connection problem Feb 1, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione CPU usage problem May 7, 2021
    XBox One Discussions Assetto Corsa on XBox Series S dropping fps. Common Problem? Is there a fix? Apr 8, 2021
    PlayStation 4 Discussions G29 problems with Assetto Corsa Jan 2, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa pc problem Dec 31, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Assetto Corsa problem Sep 24, 2018
    Screens & Videos Problème d'affichage des menus sur assetto corsa Jan 8, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Assetto Corsa Multiple devices Configuration problem Sep 25, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues FPS and latency problems Assetto Corsa Sep 13, 2017
    General modding discussion Assetto corsa mod problem Sep 4, 2017
    Chit Chat Room [AssettoCorsa.club] Content Manager Problem Apr 29, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Thrustmaster T500 RS problem on Assetto Corsa PS4 Jan 17, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues I have this problem with Assetto in PC Aug 31, 2016

3. Hany

Hany Alien

Just wait like the rest of us. There is something wrong with the abs on most cars. If u dont want to wait then just turn off the abs :)

Michael Hornbuckle and LeDude83 like this.
  4. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

i run with abs off anyway. But as posted theres seems to be a problem with engine braking/differential etc

softslider likes this.
  5. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Like Hany said. Just wait until all the dust from the patches settles down. That's what I'm doing..

LeDude83 and MsportDAN like this.
  6. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Please keep the placebo effects away.
    Yes a couple of cars have some ABS caused (probably) braking distance problems, but:
    The old ABS was very good at its job and not so realistic, so we fixed that.
    If you want the abs to work better, brake in a staight line or use an abs level that makes it work less.

If you think your braking distances are longer by 5 meters or so, then it's perfectly fine. If your laptimes are slower then it's perfectly fine.
    Stop driving by memory and accept it it is the same for everybody. Yes it might be needed to re do your setups it's not the end of the word.

We see no problems with engine braking, differentials etc. please don't follow blindly the first one that says he "feels" something is wrong on whatever sector of the car, because he can't do the same laptimes as before.

Again, we do work on the ABS which especially on some cars has created very long braking distances. For example the Ferrari 458 now brakes 10-15 meters longer... this is wrong and we're working on it. We are also investigating other cars to see which ones manifest the same issues.

But again, do not make a tragedy out of a more "alive" tyre model that maybe makes you a bit slower. It's bad for the community, bad for us because we then try to find ghost that do not exist and bad for you too because you keep thinking something is wrong.

7. Aristotelis

Oh and yes, my reply is not to a direct answer to the OP or a criticism to him. It's a general advice for the best of everybody, actually thanks to the OP that gives me the opportunity to clear things up a bit

8. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Love the more lively/challenging tire model:cool: and slower laptimes:), because cars in general where to fast compared to RL
    I did test several roads cars and race cars, and I can confirm that only 458 and e30m3 are problematic atm.

ericRacer and hazardic like this.
  9. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

aris

Thank you

you have basically cleared up for me the hysteria behind these issues. I can continue to master these cars and not mentally be thinking is it me or what?!

I agree sometimes forums aren't the best place when these placebo adjusted situations happen as we seem to get dragged along with peoples opinions etc.

Evil place lol.

But again thanks I got the answer I was after aris.

Aristotelis likes this.
  10. plaid

plaid Alien

Whats with the Evora S and GTE? I still got 1.2.1, but here they easily spin without going anywhere near the usual limit and hard to catch, so much harder to drive then any old car.

11. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Aria maybe you can post a more correct fix log because some of the updates saying stuff that were supposed to be fixed while they weren't.

Sean likes this.
  12. juandb78

juandb78 Racer

Please dont change it :) learn to drive

ericRacer, LATE4APEX and MsportDAN like this.
  13. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

Hehehe, caused a big t1 wreck on the minorating server because of e30 brakes no work.

Hagen and Hany like this.
  14. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

so they made ABS more like real life, in which you can lock up brakes if you stamp hard enough. You still need to modulate them, cant just stamop and it will stop, this aint no forza.

Im glad because my hours spent last night mastering and understanding the 155 wasnt for nothing.

15. Aristotelis

To make it more clear.
    ABS (real and now virtual in AC) must release pressure from the brakes, if even just ONE wheel starts to lock up. This is very important because ABS is a safety assist, not a performance assist (mainly).
    Why is this important? Because if you keep braking the other wheels and you release only the one that locks, then the car will deviate and turn as a caterpillar with tracks. Think about it.

So what ABS do is release pressure to all the wheels to keep the wheels from locking but also keep the car straight and stable. This of course worsens the braking zones but that's how it works.
    That's why racing drivers prefer to brake just a bit before the ABS enables and why you have ABS levels in the racing cars

ericRacer, Vel, kro and 17 others like this.
  16. Daniel Perez

Daniel Perez Hardcore Simmer

Everything is right to me again after 1.2.3

17. Aristotelis

The evora might be more stable now, but might have long braking zones, it's one of the cars I have to investigate.
    For sure as @Daniel Perez says, it should be more stable now

Vel, Glaurung, Shaddix and 3 others like this.
  18. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

This.

About ABS braking zones: You can use the basic info app bar that will show you the "ABS" indicator turn red when ABS is being activated. Try to brake with just enough pressure for it to barely flash red for a moment. I promise you will notice shorter braking distances once you dial yourself in to threshold braking.

19. petesky

petesky Simracer

1.23 is outstanding, not only they've fixed the timing, tire model feels great, sure I have to adjust setups and go slower, but who cares when it's this much fun! Laptimes don't mean **** to me because I'm not the fastest guy, with ai I only can race at 92 to 95% so I am slow. To the OP you should play around with setups, that's half the fun of AC...try less camber, less ARB in the rear, less rear tire pressure.

arthur666 likes this.
  20. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Ok, nice to know it is as intended. I´m happy to adept to something more realistic.

But what about MIR ABS, or even IR, a lot of cars use that. MIR means you start with a SLR (selected low regulation), which means you adept both wheels on an axle to the lower grip value to avoid a turning momentum of the car, and than transition into IR (individual regulation) which means each wheel is regulated to brake as much as it can without locking up. So MIR (Mixed individual regulation) gives the driver the chance to countersteer during the transition to IR mode.

The way it feels now, pushing a supercar around the track, and when braking with one side on the grass it gives no feel whatever into the wheel and just shoots on with minimal braking. Not very safe to hit the next wall (or tree maybe on a real road) with almost full speed but straight on and proud not to have induced a lateral momentum. That is in no way safe in my opinion.

Do the different ABS modes which you can select represent this? Could this be explained further maybe, or would it even be possible some day to have different modes for different cars (I hate to write requests, only an idea of mine).

Please don´t take this as a rant or anything, I just don´t get it.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  21. unknwn

unknwn Alien

So how many channels ABS in AC has now? Is it fixed number for all cars?