1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Is there a way to change the pitch of the bonnet view ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by 4yrton Senn4, Mar 13, 2015.

1. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

I know you can do it on the cockpit view with the "Onboard settings App" but I'd like to change the pitch of the McLaren F1 GTR bonnet/hood view because it feels like the camera is pointed too much down !

Any good help appreciated !

Thanks !

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Can't change pitch on boarding settings Jan 5, 2015
    ACC Troubleshooting Is it possible to change the ACC documents folder location? If so, how? Yesterday at 12:50 PM
    ACC Blog Competition Server changes 1.6.5 Dec 9, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars CMR Bentley 107/108 LOD on the rear bumper changes when approached. Nov 25, 2020
    Console Lounge Set-up change? Nov 19, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Add spotter voice message when the weather forecast changes Nov 19, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G25 turtle an brake at same pedal impossible to change Nov 18, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Has something changed Nov 16, 2020
    ACC User Interface Suggestion: Pit Limiter not first option in MFD / No auto change to Pit Strategy when entering pits Nov 16, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Question about driver changes. Nov 5, 2020
    ACC User Interface Can't change car parameters when MFD is active. [buttons mapped to UI functions] Nov 3, 2020
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues No Changes in Low > Ultra Settings Oct 30, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Cannot change HUD with wheel (Pit stops) Oct 19, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Can't change listening ports since 1.5.8 Oct 13, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Changed region for CP races Oct 9, 2020

3. alex72

alex72 Alien

I do something to get a nice bonnet-ish view. I use the free cam "F5" and then move the camera and use FOV to set it perfectly where my screen becomes the extension from my wheel. So instead of sitting in the cockpit and have a wheel in front of me, i place the camera so its past the wheel and almost at the bonnet. The standard bonnet cam is bad since its centered, and therefor not realistic. I place it so i see from the side - just like in reality.

Anyway, to make the F5 camera truly free you have to edit a number in this file: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\camera_onboard_free.ini". Inside you see the entry called: "SPHERICAL_COORDS=1", change it to "SPHERICAL_COORDS=0". Now you can move the camera as you like with the mouse and arrow buttons, plus Z/C for up/down and F/G for tilt left/right. Also use SHIFT for slower movement. For FOV use the numkeys -/+ buttons.

I would really like for an option to SAVE what you set this as. Maybe if we nudge Kunos about it it might happen some day down the line. :)

This is special. The blur comes from using REPLAY, Camera mode, and then exit replay. I set the F5 camera where i wanted it first. This is a bit fiddly though and i do it only when i feel like it. But using F5 to place the camera so its EXACTLY a perfect extentsion of where i sit is awesome and works well since you can place your cam exactly where you want it.
    244210_2015-03-13_00006.png