1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

issue help? View is extremly high in every car

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by Kevin Kirk, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

Hello, first day of playing the game (xbox one). I am finding in every cars cockpit and dash cam that I am setting extremely high in the car. Much higher than anything that would be reasonable. So high that with FOV set to 50 in the dash cam the windshield actually seems to stretch to become taller to make up for the view so high in the car. Giving the effect of the dash and wheel being much lower than my lap would be. Most noticeable in the 488 gt3 car. To give you a idea of how high the view is I can actually see over the top of the car in front of me. I cant help but think I'm over looking a option setting somewhere because this cant be by design. Like I said, I can actually see over the top of the car in front of me in cockpit view and dash cam from setting so high in the car. Thanks

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Virtual Reality Issues with spectator view in VR May 13, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Controller Issue - Button and view "look with wheel" not working since 1.07 Aug 10, 2019
    ACC Gameplay ISSUE - When start a new practice, its set to helmet view Jul 1, 2019
    ACC General Discussions 【BOP ISSUE】Will kunos consider angle of view BOP in ACC? Jun 6, 2019
    General modding discussion Issue with dirt always visible on the car in showroom and preview generator Nov 4, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Shelby Cobra cockpit view issue Feb 8, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Missing & broken camera views + showroom issues Aug 19, 2014
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues INCAR VIEW IS TERRIBLE IF HILLY PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE May 18, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues In car cockpit view + triple monitor = big graphic issues Nov 14, 2013
    ACC Audio Jaguar G3 - Engine Sound issue Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting RTG issue Feb 5, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Fanatec Pedal issue Nov 7, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds launching issue Sep 15, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues AO Baking Issue Jul 20, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues McLaren 720S door model issue Jul 14, 2023

3. Mexanico83

Mexanico83 Rookie

As I said before, it's a great game but it's missing a lot of configuration to play, they should stop a bit of making cars and fixing the game for the consoles

4. Horus

Horus Alien

Now you have most of the cars/tracks we have over on the PC side. I expect there will be a little more attention given to the settings/GUI side of things. I'm sure Kunos will do what they can to give you as much as possible, give them time. :)

Kevin Kirk likes this.
  5. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

..I cant find any view setting in the game other than a simple 10 degrees FOV slider. Nothing to even come close to fixing this. These views cant be working as intended on most of the cars. Like I said, I can see over the car I am following. In dash cam with the reasonable lowest number of 50 FOV, the windshield height becomes much taller like its compensating for the view being so high. I have also notice that the cars that this issue hurts the most also have a unusual extra small looking steering wheel. Every cars driving view is so high, its to unreal. In dash cam and cockpit cam.

6. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

.... I'm alittle late to the ball game and new to the forum. To be honest I know nothing about this game but have a decent understanding to be patient and let games like this go thur its different versions and update fixes as they are released over time. on a good note the game has some of the best sounds I have ever heard

Horus likes this.
  7. myimac

myimac Alien

Can you upload a photo?

8. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

a photo of the view? I will try to figure out how to upload a xbox screen shot screen shot a little later today.

9. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Upload a screen shot off Xbox. If you have a tablet or phone just use smart glass. Go to screenshots and save image. Then just upload on here.

10. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

ok, this is what I managed to get sorry about the it being alittle dark. See how extremely high I'm setting in the car? Not that rear view camera looks like its level with my stomach Capture.PNG This one shows alittle better with the car in front alittle closer. I'm setting so high up I'm looking down on the car in front. I'm so high I can actually see over the top of the car in front rear wing and even see over the complete top of his car. Capture.PNG

11. j.gouzouassis

j.gouzouassis Rookie

Dependind on your TV diameter you have to position your driver's seat accordingly.. there''s nothing wrog with FOV in cockpit view.. let me give you an example of correct eye/ driving wheel/dashboard FOV : my tv screen is 50" wide. I am racing with a playseat racing chair, and a thrustmaster TX racing wheel. I placed the tv on 35" tall tv stand from the ground having my gaaming chair set 75 " away from the tv screen. So, this way my eye line of sight, the top side of my racing rim, & the car's dashboard ahead on the tv screen come to an almost equal level as in real-life cars.. For example, think in your picture, a rim to be placed right infront of the cockpit instruments, slightly going over the dashboard instruments as in real life.. Its perfect this way, and try to position your driving seat like mine.

12. merkin

merkin Rookie

I don't know. The view seems pretty good to me. Check out a video uploaded by Pasin Lathouras titled AF Corse Ferrari 458 GT3 - GT Asia Series 2013 Rd5, Zhuhai Circut. The camera looks to me to be about dash level whereas a driver's head would be much higher, very close to the roof line on these low cars. I don't know if links will work here.

However, 1.14 states, "It will be possible to adjust and customize the cockpit view during a game session."

13. Raikku

Raikku Racer

It's true that view is bit too high in many cars. Only solution for this, is same kind of view adjustment possibilities as there is in pc-version; forward/backward, up/down, fov. There is
    absolutely any reason to not have these in console-versions. Very short sighted from developers.