1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Issue: McLaren 650S GT3 overheating reartires

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by George Bavaria, Sep 7, 2016.

1. The rear tires overheat extreme fast and you have after 2 laps no more grip. Driving through corners are then nearly impossible. It can't be normal that there going up to 130 ºc. With controller this car is undriveable in my eyes.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues McLaren 720S door model issue Jul 14, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec McLaren GT3 v2 Gear Indicator issue Jul 21, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals McLaren GT3 steering wheel - rotary encoders issue Oct 25, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec CSL McLaren GT3 Wheel Rim Issues Feb 5, 2020
    Audio Bugs & Issues odd issue with Mclaren 650s sound Feb 25, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues Mclaren p1 top speed issue Apr 18, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Mclaren p1 server issue? Mar 27, 2015
    ACC Audio Jaguar G3 - Engine Sound issue Feb 25, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting RTG issue Feb 5, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Fanatec Pedal issue Nov 7, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds launching issue Sep 15, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues AO Baking Issue Jul 20, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Camera control issue Jul 10, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals PC - FFB issues Jun 7, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Weird connection issue with Server browser Jun 7, 2023

3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

it may be useful to add tyre compound and ambient temp if you can see it.

im not a fan of the GT cars but im sure I read in the PC threads that the soft compound is only good for a few laps in the right conditions.

4. The GT3 tyres are really circuit/temperature dependant. The softest compound is not always the best choice, and if the ambient temp is high or there are a lot of fast corners (mugello, silvertsone for example) and your tyres are still overheating then I suggest moving to a harder compound.

Also you might want to use TC in order to help prevent wheelspin out of slow corners, this will also help keep temps down.

LeDude83 likes this.
  5. twizzR

twizzR Racer

What compound and what weather did u drive with?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

6. NightEye

NightEye Alien

There are guys running 15 laps on softs. No idea how.. Mine only last for 5 laps average.

You can also try lowering your rear wing a notch or two and/or increasing the rear tyre pressure, changing toe, etc.
    And as said, maybe increase TC and/or drive more smoothly to prevent excessive heating.

Andy-R likes this.
  7. Hey :) Coincidentally I put quiet some time in the McLaren 650S.
    For me it runs absolutely brilliant, smooth and no overheating even with TC off. (See here for example Silverstone or here: Spa)
    After 10 laps or so the tires start to dismantle significantly. But that is normal i guess.

In basic-setup the car tends to oversteer very much. Maybe you are getting the high-temps because you are sliding too much?

8. Tire temps are after 3 laps where the car starts to lose grip on the rear
    mugello 26º air temp track temp is 32º and grip is 100%
    Front left 97. 94. 90
    Front right 67 70 72
    Rear left 113. 110. 108
    Rear right 79. 81. 84
    Using medium compound and basic setup

With the soft tire it's the same only the temps are higher.
    No question that with a wheel you can drive much smoother.
    But the other gt3 cars I drove so far where much easier to drive
    And the tire temp didn't grow that fast even you have a light slide

this car shows where the limits are with controller ;) maybe I'll find a setup that the car not oversteers too much. It can't happen on the tires itself, because on other cars I can drive much more offensive.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  9. So? Adjust tire pressures? Make the car stiffer maybe? Add some traction to the rear.

10. Yeah, as mentioned Mugello is pretty much the worst on temps, the high speed compression kill tyres very fast, so this is a worst case scenario.. Your temps seem pretty normal to me, with the left hand side tyres taking massive loads at that track. Again, hard tyres might be more suitable for Mugello.

Surface temps will be very high at this part of the track, but will cool down to a reasonable level for the rest of the track.

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. Thanks to all for help. I've done a bit more downforce to the rear but the major improvement came with stability control. I'm increased it from 0 to 40 and now it's been much more easier to manage the tires :)
    I always want to drive without any assists, but here it's really better to drive with SC :)

12. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Never use softs in Mugello with these high downforce bends.
    Mediums or even hards are must.
    On the contrary Monza needs soft tyres in order to keep them heated in these long straights.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

13. Because of the Stability-Control the car oversteers less. But you can make the car oversteer less with other Setup-Components too. By doing this just wouldn't need to put assists on you actually don't want to put on.

14. This was the next step. To figure out how the car reacts on setup changes. And you're right. I made some changes on both differentials and increase the downforce on the rearwing. Now I can drive without tcs and stability control and I have a better feeling in fast long corners.
    Tire temps now after 7 laps on medium compound
    FL 94 91 87. FR. 77 80 83
    RL. 84 82 80. RR. 71 73 75

So it's seem that it's only a question of the setup I'm using.

NightEye and liakjim like this.
  15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

On Mugello in GT3 cars I usually pick medium compound when it's coldish and hard when it's warm. The left side will start to get red hot through the final sector and is good after the straight again. The front tyre is way worse than the rear. Your experiment with SC implies that you were indeed just powersloding way too much without it ;-)

16. Jaye

Jaye Alien

And racing in hotlap mode isn't all and therefor I like the improving tyre model versions. Last GT3 league season I was driving with the Huracan versus a very fast Z4 in a 24 laps Mugello race. He was 0.5 to 1s faster each lap and 10s away after half the race. So I decided to not pushing too hard and take care of the tyres and not changing them in the mandatory pit stop and came out just in front of him. Battle every corner to nit let him pass and using the Lambo power at the straights to hold him behind me. Great experience :)

Or other example: Little Evora GTC Cup racing at Vallelunga. While others tried to find a good qualy setup for non-overheating softs for days, the better way was to focus on mediums. Result: Easy pole and awesome race pace.

Or to say it in short: very good that the compound choice isn't based only on the race distance any more. Variety in race strategy can be so much fun. If it works :p

liakjim and LeDude83 like this.
  17. And you've got a wheel. I expected that before release but you have with controller no chance on longer distances exept you have super left thumb :) it make so much difference like you turn into the corners. A bit to much angle and the car slides.
    It's even with controller tons of fun but it's really hard not to turn to much the wheel. No I drive the car complete without assiste even with 0% stability control. But it's a different cup of tea to that on time trial or in race competition. Then you have to add tcs and sc.